Mahou Shoujo Michiru

douggle

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in the "No Yuuji?" camp.  Though it still definitely looks awesome, but seriously.  As much as I love the girls in Grisaia, Yuuji is just as integral a part of the cast.  Hopefully being listed under 'others' doesn't make him a complete side character or something.  At least we get Kazuki in a lead role, apparently? :D  Then again, if Kazuki really is in a lead role, Yuuji becomes much less necessary since they both have pretty similar core personalities -- just vastly different talents and abilities.

The story is set up completely to be light hearted sillyness. The lines from the trailer were 

"Grisaia's unexpected spinoff?"

"The girl's dream is to become a popular idol." 

"However one day, suddenly"

"She became a magical girl". 

Also the character page descriptions on the website are pretty silly too. 

The story is set up completely to be light hearted sillyness. The lines from the trailer were 

"Grisaia's unexpected spinoff?"

"The girl's dream is to become a popular idol." 

"However one day, suddenly"

"She became a magical girl". 

Also the character page descriptions on the website are pretty silly too. 

Given the main heroine and the nature of the story, I don't see how it could be otherwise.  Still want to read it because Grisaia's humor was top notch, and I laughed at pretty much every non-route scene Michiru was in.

One guy one reddit brought up a disturbing theory that it is the continuation of the first game and it picks up after michiru's bad end where

she overdoses on medication in attempted suicide, becoming mentally impaired

and it's all in her mind.

One guy one reddit brought up a disturbing theory that it is the continuation of the first game and it picks up after michiru's bad end where

she overdoses on medication in attempted suicide, becoming mentally impaired

and it's all in her mind.

That'd be hilarious, I'd read it. :D ...I should really go think over my sense of humour for a moment.

But I doubt this will be anything serious. Don't forget that Frontwing used to do pretty much nothing but nukige before they made Grisaia, so there should be nothing surprising about a non-serious title. Unless this is some sort of a magnificent troll, of course.