What quality do you want Anime?

Kendjin

Anime Quality  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What quality do you get anime at while airing? (ideally)

• 1080p
    • 720p
    • 480p
    • Online Streaming
  2. 2. Once BD releases come out, do you go back and get them?

• Yes
    • Yes, I want to rewatch them in higher quality
    • Yes, because I want the uncensored version
    • No, once I've seen them, I don't rewatch or don't need higher quality.
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest hairybumslapper

720p for me is fine. For shows i really like i re-download the 1080p BD rips. though you really need to watch out for ones with FLAC audio, since a couple i downloaded had half its file size dedicated to audio since it was lossless.

Anything below 720p bothers me, so there's my answer.

This.

Anyway, I also archive downloaded anime, 720 works as to not needlessly fill my HDD up. It's also quicker to download (as someone using horrible internet), so that's some sort of balance between decent quality and less waiting.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll download a 1080p upscale if I'm not watching any fansubs for a particular series. But since I tend to mostly follow fansubs, I'll put down 720p for my vote. I'll stream an anime on CR if I really want to watch it as soon as it is simulcasted (and not wait for Horriblesubs to rip it), but there's only ever been a few anime where I've actually done that. My first one was Gintama, 2nd was Kokoro Connect, and I forget what my 3rd was. I'm actually about to start doing the same for Captain Earth now that it's got me really interested.

I usually don't re-watch something in BD unless it's something I really enjoyed (it'd have to be in my top 20 for that to happen).

A major factor into whether I watch an anime or not is about the quality. Not saying I refuse to watch anything thats not BD but if its already out I'll prefer to watch that. Otherwise I download 720p. Its the perfect size for my laptop screen and the file size isn't outrageous so I can keep my anime hoarding habit. I refuse to delete anime I have downloaded. Especially since I got my 1Tb external hardrive.

• 1 month later...

Actually I'd love to get the BDs when the series is really good but I seriously can't afford that..

New releases tend to have 3 - 4 episodes on a bd (which is an extreme waste of resources lol) and in addition

to that it costs too much.

Older releases with the whole series on one BD would be affordable and I'm thinking about buying some

of the Studio Ghibli movies as a starter.

I don't watch anything below 720p, I usually go for the 720p AAC. Sometimes you see FLAC as audio quality, but you are not going to hear much difference between the AAC and FLAC. FLAC is lossless, so it will sound identical to the original CD, but AAC compresses it so that you're not going to hear much difference without good speakers.

+ It will save you a lot of space on your HDD

720p for currently airing shows because 1080p is just upscaled. If I liked the show i'll usually get the BD in 1080p+FLAC unless its upscaled inwhich case just 720p. Harddrive space isnt an issue...(well it is sort of getting tight, but still have room)

35b59cfee4.png

Dont have much storage, so I just go with 720p. Still good, but not take up too much space.

For BD, I only download if it's an ended anime ( since the BD go in full season, I dont need to download separate episode, too time consuming with a certain chance of some episodes have 0 seeder. ). If it's an airing one, I dont bother. ( I'm not a big fan of uncensored stuffs anyway )