Spring 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Yeah, that ED in Mangaka-san put me in the best mood imaginable. That was just wonderful! :D
But damn it, even after 12 episodes, I still can't choose best girl! They're all so lovable in their own way and have a really good charm, but I love them all almost equally. The character balance is almost too good for me to make any kind of decision. This is rare. @_@

Well Mangaka-san is over.

It's a shame they didn't bring some of the really fun characters that the manga has.
Although if you sticked past the credits you can see that they showed all of those characters in the ending animated. That was a nice touch.

I'm really hoping that this show gets a sequel because there's so much more interesting material.
It was a 8/10 for me. Really entertaining~

My friends have been trying to talk me into reading the manga for about 2 years now. I really think I should get started on that. :P

I had a friend who calls Black Bullet "loli harem bullshit" which makes me sad since it's easily one of my favorite things this season. While some series I might have missed a week here and there, Black Bullet and Love Live were the only two I made sure to watch each and every week on the day they were released.

I watched Love Live 2 as soon as the raws are uploaded.

Well I just watched episode 1 of Black Bullet (waiting while the rest downloads) and i have to say so far it seems pretty interesting.

Clearly it's a loli fest, but that's an asset for me. I'm curious to see where this goes. 

I'll marathon it once I have all episodes.

Wait what? Black Bullet has 13 episodes according to the wiki and MAL and the final episode is on July 1.... well I'm going to wait till next week to download and finish the series where I left off(episode 4).

Then next week a new OP plays and everyone realises that the show is actually 2-cour instead. :P

What did I say!?

Steph will bring forth the victory! 

What a great ending, I really wish this was a 2 cour series. I'm praying to all the gods that there's a season 2.

No, in fact that ending requires a season 2, there's no way it won't have a season 2. I won't believe it!

No Game No Life gets a 9/10 from me. Best anime this season, I loved it to bits.

What did I say!?

Steph will bring forth the victory! 

What a great ending, I really wish this was a 2 cour series. I'm praying to all the gods that there's a season 2.

No, in fact that ending requires a season 2, there's no way it won't have a season 2. I won't believe it!

No Game No Life gets a 9/10 from me. Best anime this season, I loved it to bits.

Except quite literally anyone could do that. You just need to be able to press a trigger- all credits to this win go to sora and shiro, at least to me.

No game no life was nice. They changed some things from the LN again, but I guess they didn't have time for the whole thing, so it's fine. Mahouka may or may not take "best anime of the season" for me. Tatsuya is so cool. <3

Except quite literally anyone could do that. You just need to be able to press a trigger- all credits to this win go to sora and shiro, at least to me.

Of course the overall plan was all Shiro and Sora's doing, I won't deny that.

But it just felt great seeing Steph being the key to winning the game. I was kind of happy to see it actually.

Kind of like when a puppy learns a new trick.

Well, I'm about wrapped up for this season.

Daimidaler was kinda shitty but honest and funny. 2D robots and tits all over the place, can't ask for more. 5/10.

Ping-Pong was good as expected, although I was less hyped at the end. But Yuasa's style really brings fresh air. 7 or 8 maybe.

Kawaisou was so 60.gif, best surprise of this spring for me. Really nice slice of life. 7,5 seems alright.

Mushishi was the real deal, best show this season as expected. 9/10.

And, well, Jojo's pretty good. Seems like Stardust Crusaders will keep running for an entire year, and if it works that well we'll have Diamond is Unbreakable after that. Quite hyped for that since it's said to be the best part. 

Did not watch much in the end. Well, it gave me time to get back to VNs, and I watched less mediocre stuff than usual, that's good for my brain cells :P

I've been wondering for a while. Am I the only one here that watches Puchimas?

Was thinking about picking it up. The only short series I had watched so far was Teekyuu which was unbelievably WTF but very forgettable. But then I watched Kantoku Fuyuki Todoki this season (for obvious reasons >_>) and actually even a 2 min series manages to catch my attention fairly well.

So yeah, might try it out. 

Was thinking about picking it up. The only short series I had watched so far was Teekyuu which was unbelievably WTF but very forgettable. But then I watched Kantoku Fuyuki Todoki this season (for obvious reasons >_>) and actually even a 2 min series manages to catch my attention fairly well.

So yeah, might try it out. 

You can literally marathon the first season of Puchimas in less than an hour.

And then move on to season 2 which will also take you probably less than an hour to catch up.

I just downloaded all 64 episodes, put them on a playlist and sat through all of them.

If you've seen idolm@ster this is just like quirky version of it with chibified versions of the characters although the original characters are also in it and the chibis are more like pets.

Given that there's 14 characters in idolm@ster and in Puchimas each of them has a chibi counterpart there's quite a lot of diversity to go around.

The chibis all have weird abilities as well.

It's pretty fun for what it is.  I'd recommend it for quick entertainment.

I'm actually surprised UTW is the one that fansubs these shorts. 

NGNL </3 
Although I hate anime ending like that, kinda midway, I can't bring myself to dislike NGNL even a bit Dx I just hope they go for a second season or something, I really want to see a badass battle between Tet and all the races ;u;

Next season is coming soon, yet I haven't seen many things worth watching aside from Akame Ga Kill ;u;

If you've seen idolm@ster this is just like quirky version of it with chibified versions of the characters although the original characters are also in it and the chibis are more like pets.

Oh, right, it's the puchi version of Im@s. Now it makes sense.

Well now I feel compelled to watch Idolmaster before watching it. And it's not very high on my to-watch list. And Idolmaster Xenoglassia is above that because dem giant robots.

I'm stuck again.

When I started Black Bullet I didn't expect so many feels.

That episode 10. 

2 more episodes to catch up. I'm really liking it, it has an overall dark tone to it although it has its fair share of light hearted moments with all the lolis but it always reminds  itself that there's bad stuff happening.

Guess this is one anime I don't regret starting.

Still my heart aches from this latest episode. I hope the next 2 make up for it.

Edit:

Alright just caught up with all the episodes.

Still giving me the feels even on episode 12. But things got really interesting, however the pacing feels a bit off in the overall series.

But I really like the concept and the atmosphere and of course the lolis.

So this is an 8/10 so far. I'll probably read the manga.

Oh well, finished NGNL and such a pity that it's only 12 episodes... I'm hoping that its hypeness will do the same for it that it did for SAO and give us the next season soon enough~

It also gets an 8/10 (in all fairness, I can't give it a 9) by me pretty easily. Might be my 1st or 2nd favourite of the season depending on how Mahouka keeps going.

About time to open up "Summer 2014 anime discussion" don't you think? :P

I'll do that when the first episode of a summer anime airs ;)

I don't like opening threads when there's no material to discuss.

Unless someone goes ninja on me. It doesn't have to be me to open it.

I'll do that when the first episode of a summer anime airs ;)

I don't like opening threads when there's no material to discuss.

Unless someone goes ninja on me. It doesn't have to be me to open it.

There is something to discuss, like which anime people I'll be watching this Summer. And we can badmouth Grisaia anime before it's released (I'm joking on this part :D ).