Spring 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Ryuugajou nanana no maizoukin still is the best shonen show of the season.

Simply because it has the best cast of characters, a pretty decent story, doesn't make most of the mistakes the usual shonen animes do.

And seriously ... Tensai is enough of a reason to love that show.

I don't know why I can't seem to like No Game No Life as much. Maybe the characters.

It has a good story and a couple excellent episodes but... I dunno ...

Confirmed. Season 1 of Date a Live was much better. I wanted to hold off final opinions until the last episode. I really think that there was much less emotional connection to the new character than to the old ones in the last season. The content was better connected last season.

Confirmed. Season 1 of Date a Live was much better. I wanted to hold off final opinions until the last episode. I really think that there was much less emotional connection to the new character than to the old ones in the last season. The content was better connected last season.

This worries me. I plan to watch season two, but almost everyone says it was worse or near terrible. Ugh, I gave season one a 9/10.

1 More episode of Akuma no Riddle.

I'm begging you, for the love of Madokami, please give me the only thing I've ever wanted since I started watching this series.

Give us the yuri you promised. Just something, a kiss, a confession, anything, just something that will redeem 11 episodes of despair.

The only Yuri I've seen was the chairwoman...

And I was still hopeful that they'd really give us some sort of interesting backstory on why the plot was like this and what's going on.

I really prayed it'd be kind of interesting, and then (surprise!) all I get is the most boring and unoriginal plot twists of the century.

I'm trying so hard here to forgive this series but it doesn't seem to want to be forgiven.

*sigh* I did my best Akuma no Riddle, you just didn't want to reciprocate my feelings. It is a real shame.

Next week, I will firmly hold my hand on my chest and deeply sigh as I let this show go down into the depths of my memory.

If you're a Date a Live fan watch it, you'll like it

This is definitely true.

Date A Live 2 can be summed up easily: More of the same.

If you are a big fan of it, you'll like it.

If you just kind of liked season 1, then season 2 will likely waver your feelings.

For me it was more of the latter, and the main reason was what I already stated, 10 episodes was way too short so everything was compacted and the amount of variety was very reduced (only 3 volumes were adapted I believe unlike season 1 where 4 were adapted). But most importantly they tried turning the plot into some big evil scheme that's going on in the background instead of focusing on what season 1 did best, and that is the dating aspect. I was not watching Date A Live because I wanted to see heavy action and some deep dark plot, I was watching it for the cute girls getting conquered.

That was what season 1 really had going for it and where season 2 pretty much fell flat on.

It wasn't terrible per say but definitely wasn't on par with season 1.

Now obviously I can't criticize the anime much since this is the way it goes in the source material and they're just adapting it. I am however criticizing Date A Live itself as the story really didn't take a turn for the best in here and obviously when you adapt just this chunk into anime it just doesn't sit that well.

But most importantly:

NOT. ENOUGH. KOTORI.

(And too much Tohka)

Okay, well. I'll go into "Date a Live II" the same way I did "Date a Live" and hopefully I'll like it. It certainly does get mixed reviews, but you uys are surely right. I am a fan, so I probably will like it.

Let's do this!

< Better have Origami!

I'm getting more and more into in Mekakucity Actors.

It's beginning to explain a lot of stuff I didn't get very well in the storyline. I'm completely fanboying while watching it now, it's great.

Thank you Shaft for gracing us with this adaptation.

I already read the manga now and will probably read the LNs too.

Marry's arc was full of feels as expected.

I was a bit surprised at Azami's Seiyuu choice, I always pictured her with a different kind of voice, but that's just me being picky.

Konoha comes into the picture! I almost jumped off my chair when they cut off at the end.

I really want to see how they conclude the story. Can't wait for next week.

Good to hear Marry's episode was handled well, I'm still butthurt over Kagarou Days being subpar. Definitely watching the new episode sooner than later.

I just see Kagerou Days as its own thing because that's what it is, it's not an adaptation of anything, it's completely original.

Just like the anime is not really a direct adaptation of it.

Obviously the base elements and story come from the original KagePro but the story is beind handled in its own original way which I kind of like.

It's like 3 different versions of the same setting.

I'm getting more and more into in Mekakucity Actors.

It's beginning to explain a lot of stuff I didn't get very well in the storyline. I'm completely fanboying while watching it now, it's great.

Thank you Shaft for gracing us with this adaptation.

I already read the manga now and will probably read the LNs too.

Marry's arc was full of feels as expected.

I was a bit surprised at Azami's Seiyuu choice, I always pictured her with a different kind of voice, but that's just me being picky.

Konoha comes into the picture! I almost jumped off my chair when they cut off at the end.

I really want to see how they conclude the story. Can't wait for next week.

I have the anime at a 6/10 right now. I just hope it finishes well so I can up my score ):

I just see Kagerou Days as its own thing because that's what it is, it's not an adaptation of anything, it's completely original.

Just like the anime is not really a direct adaptation of it.

Obviously the base elements and story come from the original KagePro but the story is beind handled in its own original way which I kind of like.

It's like 3 different versions of the same setting.

Yeap, can't wait for the VN adaptation as it has an anime, manga and LN already out.

Konoha's finally back, something is happening, and there are only two episodes left, next one is going to be otsukimi recital, so I wonder what the last episode will be. 

Yeap, can't wait for the VN adaptation as it has an anime, manga and LN already out.

Konoha's finally back, something is happening, and there are only two episodes left, next one is going to be otsukimi recital, so I wonder what the last episode will be. 

A VN!? Source??

In the original Otsumiki Recital, Momo meets Hibiya for the first time, obviuosly here it's different but aside from that it'll probably just be her cheering him up and then possibly them discussing about the Heat Haze after figuring out some more elements about it?

And then the last episode I really don't know. 

But they can't possibly shove Outer Science and Summertime Record in one episode.. can they?

I'm praying the Shaft pulls off some magic and makes an epic conclusion.

Just don't give us what you did with Monogatari Series Season 2 where it completely cuts off and then an OVA is announced.

I didn't watch the episode, but seeing Otsukimi Recital mentioned peaked my interest since it's the song that introduced me to the series, which was a cover by Yuikonnu. I love that song. I didn't actually expect it to make it into the anime since they already met twice now. Also, @Nosebleed: I dunno if you knew what I meant, but I was talking about the episode Kagarou Days (Heat Haze Days) which I felt was lame despite the song itself being really good.

A VN!? Source??

In the original Otsumiki Recital, Momo meets Hibiya for the first time, obviuosly here it's different but aside from that it'll probably just be her cheering him up and then possibly them discussing about the Heat Haze after figuring out some more elements about it?

And then the last episode I really don't know. 

But they can't possibly shove Outer Science and Summertime Record in one episode.. can they?

I'm praying the Shaft pulls off some magic and makes an epic conclusion.

Just don't give us what you did with Monogatari Series Season 2 where it completely cuts off and then an OVA is announced.

Sadly, no.

It's probably going to explain more and more things (that's all they've been doing lately).

They might actually release an OVA, waiting for the OVA is better than having a bad conclusion at all. I just hope that if this is the case they don't end the anime with outer science.

So far it is a 8/10 for me. Being shafted is already a boost to the score.

I didn't watch the episode, but seeing Otsukimi Recital mentioned peaked my interest since it's the song that introduced me to the series, which was a cover by Yuikonnu. I love that song. I didn't actually expect it to make it into the anime since they already met twice now. Also, @Nosebleed: I dunno if you knew what I meant, but I was talking about the episode Kagarou Days (Heat Haze Days) which I felt was lame despite the song itself being really good.

Oh sorry it's just the name of the manga is also Kagerou Days so I thought you were referring to the manga as sub par :P

Yes I also agree that episode was a bit on the average side. But it gets better after for sure.

Sadly, no.

It's probably going to explain more and more things (that's all they've been doing lately).

They might actually release an OVA, waiting for the OVA is better than having a bad conclusion at all. I just hope that if this is the case they don't end the anime with outer science.

So far it is a 8/10 for me. Being shafted is already a boost to the score.

I knew it I shouldn't have been gullible. I hate myself.

Well I don't mind explanations, in fact I'd appreciate them so I can fully understand the story.

I wouldn't mind an Outter Science end as long as they later give us a Summertime Record OVA.

For me it's also a 8/10.

Woah woah woah

Azami is the one being controlled by Snakes? So Marry and Shion both went to the heat haze, and Azami sent Marry back to the real world along with the queen snake?

uggyuu my brain hurts from all this

Yup.

That's what I got from it as well.

They already explained Azami's story in a tale but now we can confirm.

This explains so much it makes my brain hurt.

If you checked after the credits it also explains Marry's Fictional World

AKA

The moment she travels back in time.

So basically

Azami is not the main culprit behind giving powers to them as well as awakening Dark Konoha. She's being controled by a snake herself.

I wonder if they will explain how that came to be, since I don't recall that being in any of the videos.

Also yes I watched the mini clip after the credits. In fact, anyone watching this show should make sure that you do watch all of them because they come together in this episode.

If I may present a newly formed theory that I came up with after this episode:

If you notice closely, the "master" snake seemed to have Haruka's voice, but obviously the tone was different, it was much more sadistic.

Who does this remind you of...? Yup. Kuroha.

I believe that this master snake is trying to (or being forced to) be embedded in Konoha. Causing him to basically have 2 personalities inside him and turning into Kuroha and murdering everyone.

The one who's trying to open the Heat Haze, Kenjirou, will probably have a role to play in this wether it's intentional or not.

At least this was a theory I believe would fit.

If I may present a newly formed theory that I came up with after this episode:

If you notice closely, the "master" snake seemed to have Haruka's voice, but obviously the tone was different, it was much more sadistic.

Who does this remind you of...? Yup. Kuroha.

I believe that this master snake is trying to (or being forced to) be embedded in Konoha. Causing him to basically have 2 personalities inside him and turning into Kuroha and murdering everyone.

The one who's trying to open the Heat Haze, Kenjirou, will probably have a role to play in this wether it's intentional or not.

At least this was a theory I believe would fit.

The master snake is probably a metaphor for the devil, just like the garden of Eve. Temptation, in other words. It would fit well with this episode's story and the theories you've posted so far, however once you read the "Shinigami Record" entries from the 4th LN you'll be introduced to who Azami actually was and how she came to be what she is now (i.e. = she has always been able to talk to snakes when she first meets one and a fire doesn't burn her when humans attack her).

Interesting. I really need to check out those LNs.

But what I'm really curious about is not so much the story behind Azami but the whole never ending world thing.

Like the whole Route 1 and Route XX bit that always confuses me and I still am not fully sure how they work until this date.

Of course the LNs might explain this, I wouldn't know though.

I don't believe the snake is picking him.

I believe that Kenjirou is experimenting on him and that allows the snake to be embedded in him.

So the snake didn't chose Konoha per say, it just seized an opportunity to be "reborn".

Or maybe it did and I just don't know why.

The anime is its own thing as well.

Certainly the adaptation is the closest one to the music videos but it still has its differences like Hibiya and Momo meeting early on and Ene finding her own body. We can't predict how it will end. They also have not yed addresses the routes bit.

Let's just hope for the best.

Honestly these are just a theoroes, I think the best thing we can do is just wait and see

Read LN 4. The last entry titled "Headphone Actor V" involves a very interesting email that Ene sends a certain someone...

If they tie everything up and give the story a good conclusion I'm sure you'll boost that score.

I'm really hoping they end it with Summertime Record

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I hate giving anime I once was a semi fan of lower than a 7. We'll see won't we?