Is pokemon abuse wrong?

slamerz

So how does everyone feel about pokemon games? did you grow up playing them, or maybe just recently tried them. What was your favorite verions, pokemon, here we shall discuss all these things, but most importantly we shall discuss the thing non of us want to admit to.... Abusing pokemon <,< we've all been there, you get so mad at pikachu for losing that you just can't help but kick it down the road till you reach the pokemon center, but is it really okay?

And does forcing them to fight to the death count as abuse???

tumblr_n2cr1nBUDD1tukw8mo1_500.gif

tumblr_n2cr1nBUDD1tukw8mo2_500.gif

tumblr_n2cr1nBUDD1tukw8mo4_500.gif

tumblr_n2cr1nBUDD1tukw8mo5_500.gif

tumblr_n2cr1nBUDD1tukw8mo6_500.gif

brock_by_slamerz-d7aw2rr.jpg

No its not okay I was about to say yes because Pokemon can't die but, then i remembered they Can Indeed actually die not just faint lol I played red and for some reason bought X that i'm not even sure why maybe i just missed it lol

No its not okay I was about to say yes because Pokemon can't die but, then i remembered they Can Indeed actually die not just faint lol I played red and for some reason bought X that i'm not even sure why maybe i just missed it lol

I couldn't play X I owned and played all of them from green version to black and white, but I couldn't even finish black and white, most of the pokemon were just to dumb, and the enemies openly bringing up that we were dog fighting pokemon(something my childhood self had been hiding from) I felt no real reason to fight them so I had no purpose to continue the game.

X and Y made me mad from the start though, I get they have alot of cool things going on wiht them but mega evolution is just a jimimic their using because people realized all the games are the same, and as soon as I saw them ruin Mew 2 with his mega I just couldn't touch it.

I don't know much about pokemon.

But I know that if you want to build friendship with pikachu, tie him up and freakin drag his ass with a rope without consent

Next level friendship.

people come up with pretty funny dark stuff when it comes to pokemon (nsfw)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAqIGbQ0nAU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sEHV8WZ4ew

to stay on topic more obviously, pokemon is the worst in animal abuse department

did you see the original idea behind pokemon? it was HELLA dark stuff, then they made it lame -.-

that first one, was one of the most terrifying things, i've ever seen

What the fuck, this is site worse thread, I hate people so write bad things about pokemon, pokemon is the best serie I know, I love that serie very much, pokemon is about friendship and love not abuse, that's so wrong and sick, we can learn much of watch pokemon, I have already learn after watch pokemon at we must trust another, be there for another, help people so need help, love them for what they are and that is thanks to watch pokemon, since is the pokemon is about and not abuse

What the fuck, this is site worse thread, I hate people so write bad things about pokemon, pokemon is the best serie I know, I love that serie very much, pokemon is about friendship and love not abuse, that's so wrong and sick, we can learn much of watch pokemon, I have already learn after watch pokemon at we must trust another, be there for another, help people so need help, love them for what they are and that is thanks to watch pokemon, since is the pokemon is about and not abuse

Granted that the show and games are not straight out about the abuse of the pokemon, nor do I see it that way myself, but there is no denying that there are some serious underlining themes about the abuse that the pokemon receive.

I loved the games growing up as a kid, and the show as well, however if you rewatch it now you clearly notice that most of the first season of the show is showing how pokemon develop Stockholm syndrome.

It's fun games, but as Stanleys stated, you can't deny the very large amount of underlying themes

HOORAY FOR PROPAGANDA!

Seriously though I try not to think too deeply into it. The only reason we can really look into this is because we're adults and we can apply these social/ethical issues to it. As a kid though I didn't really think about about those issues because I was too busy trading cards and eating lots of candy while rocking out pokemon on my front deck, these issues didn't even occur to me then. This mentality hasn't really changed in my later years even when I'm aware of the social issues.

Now in the understanding of the pokemon universe if it was hypothetically a real thing it would questionable. You would be forcing animals to fight each other but I think it is a bit different from animals in our world. A main thing that bothers me is wild encounters, you force the hostile pokemon to obey you or you make it pass out in the forest with no medical treatment. Or you can run away.

A majority of wild pokemon must be carnivores, they all sit and wait for the next trainer to come through and once he defeats that butterfree they shall have their next meal.

This is just all that I can think now, it's the only explanation as to why you don't find pokemon corpses covering every trail from previous trainers passings.

Don't you know, once they faint, a nurse joy party comes along, they pick them up and heal them at the poke-centre.

Fortunately pokemon are a rough species, so the actual fighting does no lasting damage and pokeballs are like small wonderful world that make them all trained up and healed slightly.

ps: I hate game theory, he spins such a load of crap.

Referencing Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal ?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/JustForFun/PokemonVietnameseCrystal