Thoughts on Abridged Series?

slamerz

So I was wondering what everyone's thoughts on abridged series is? do you love them, hate them?

if you love them what's your favorite series/group?

If you hate them, what turns you off of them?

Personally I love them, a while back my favorite was None Piece, but after a few episodes the writer you can tell really just wanted to stop getting yelled at to make more, so now my favorite would have to be hellsing abridged from the great guys at Team Four Star.

http://teamfourstar.com/video/tfs-hellsing-ultimate-abridged-episode-1/

I really like the DBZ one, but honestly. Hellsing Ultimate one is amazing. Just a shame it only gets 1 episode a year.

yeah sucks it only gets one a year, but at the same time the production values are so much higher then DBZ, and they usually have to use more voice actors so I understand.

I also watched their episode of Attack on Titan episode they released, for once I wasn't impressed. there were a few parts that had me holding my sides, but for the most part it felt like they were really rushing it way more than they needed to, usually TFS is really good about their pacing, but this was just way to fast.

I'm led to believe they don't really intend on continuing with Attack on Titan, probably due to it not being as popular.

They've confirmed their working on Episode 2, the only reason its less popular is because most of their subscribers don't even know it's a thing because it got taken down on youtube so it is only up on their new site, which has only been up for about a week

I used to LOVE Yugioh Abridged. It's what got me into Yugioh (my previous/first fandom) a few years ago. I haven't been watching it lately (I still haven't seen the newest episode), and I don't watch many abridged series anymore, but I used to be REALLY into it.

And I may or may not still have my "Card Games on Motorcycles" shirt laying around.

Basically any abridged series from TFS is amazing. Yu gi oh abridged is also really good and I found a Haruhi abridged that I really liked. My first abridged series was Zelda abridged by adamwestslapdog but it's not even close to being my favorite one.

Also Gigguk's Evangelion abridged is pretty awesome.

I really like abridged series, in case you couldn't notice.

• 5 months later...

Just thought I'd say that Dangan Ronpa abridged is beautiful but I wouldn't watch it unless you're prepared for major spoilers.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGEEfqzKDCs

I'm very fond of abridged series and would have to say my favorite is a tie between PurpleEyesWTF and 1Kids Pokemon Bridged but I also like DBZ, Yugioh, Hellsing, Mirai Nikki, and others. 

Abridged series are hilariously fun and I love them.

Hellsing Abridged = my favourite load of random, idiotic fun I have ever watched. It managed to make my favourite horror anime into my favourite comedy anime.

Best scene/lines? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HqPVigNCkY

• 7 months later...

I used to be really into abridged series like 3 years ago. There were 2 really good Abridged series of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, but both were taken down. If anyone can find a place to watch Fullmetalchao's version of Haruhi abridged I would be really happy. I have no idea why he took down his videos -.- I used to rewatch his abridged episodes so much that I can still quote certain lines...

My favorite would have to be Welcome to the NHK abridged by Cardboardlawyer. It's also one of the very few abridged series that actually was completed, so huge kudos to him. Here's the first episode: