March is Couple's Month!

OriginalRen

If by one of THOSE you mean one where both people love each other then yes. :wub:

Nah. The kind where people don't get work done because they're consumed with their significant other, causing intense stress in life, and can therefore only be quelled by participating in more, in this case, "Flutterz on Ren action." This action would relieve the stress, and that time spend relieving the stress would only serve to cause even more stress in the future. Thus creating a spiral of pain and despair with each continued act of "love."

Yeah, Spiral Happiness Theory. Good work, Flutterz. Totally what I meant. It's almost like you read my mind, in which case, you should stop, because you have Ren, who is Original. So stick to it.

Nah. The kind where people don't get work done because they're consumed with their significant other, causing intense stress in life, and can therefore only be quelled by participating in more, in this case, "Flutterz on Ren action." This action would relieve the stress, and that time spend relieving the stress would only serve to cause even more stress in the future. Thus creating a spiral of pain and despair with each continued act of "love."

Yeah, Spiral Happiness Theory. Good work, Flutterz. Totally what I meant. It's almost like you read my mind, in which case, you should stop, because you have Ren, who is Original. So stick to it.

He's getting work done, and I'm getting studying done, but doing random internet things for random people (most of whom didn't even submit a story, apparently...) gets set aside in favour of our relationship. :P

He's getting work done, and I'm getting studying done, but doing random internet things for random people (most of whom didn't even submit a story, apparently...) gets set aside in favour of our relationship. :P

...Ahh, yeah... Uhh, I did send something talking about to Ren about that, though, not really an excuse. Never got a response though...

Sorry guys for the late responses, I just have not had time to send out the questions yet. I plan to by this weekend and will post the results into week 4 if I need to. Again, sorry for the confusion, I just have not had the time, but I can get right on it again!

All right everyone here is the scoop. I know I have been gone for quite some time and have been avoiding a lot of this thread to keep you updated on the couple's month activities, and for that I am extremely sorry and I do apologize. That being said however, I have noticed that in the last 2 weeks of activities, effort, if any, has been minimal. In the end I ended up receiving 2 stories (one of them being my own) and a lot of people tapered off for the month and interest was lacking. Now I understand that people have life issues to attend to, and sometimes it's not as easy to do what needs to be done, however the lack of participation this month for those that did sign up is poor. I am not dissing you guys in anyway, but in all honesty, I didn't feel the need to continue the activities for the month when I felt all of them weren't even appreciated.

I wanted to have a fun activity for people to actively participate in the Fuwa community, and I can see I got a lot of bad rep from people who thought the idea was a waste of time, much like an avatar group I started not to long ago. I am a little saddened that some (not all) people would feel this way, but I suppose it is what it is. As of now, couple's month is over and I appreciate the enthusiasm for those that showed it and made an effort to participate. I again apologize for wasting other people's time, and for making a pointless activity for those that felt it was one. Thanks for the fun while it lasted.

Dang it, we prepped for this one too.

I understand, and I'm sorry for being one of the ones to fail to turn something in. I have no real excuse for it, and figure you didn't respond to my message to you (Ren) talking a bit more about it because there were others who did not turn in something.

Thanks for trying to lead an take on such a huge role.

Awh I thought it was pretty fun. I made a new friend after all who's very similar to me.

I don't think this was a waste of time although i do apologize for being one of the people who didn't turn in a story due to various reasons that would all be excuses anyway.

Don't feel bad about it, I appreciate you making this.

All right everyone here is the scoop. I know I have been gone for quite some time and have been avoiding a lot of this thread to keep you updated on the couple's month activities, and for that I am extremely sorry and I do apologize. That being said however, I have noticed that in the last 2 weeks of activities, effort, if any, has been minimal. In the end I ended up receiving 2 stories (one of them being my own) and a lot of people tapered off for the month and interest was lacking. 

It was a fun plan, but you made one mistake. You made it go on too long, and you made each activity a week long. Stories are hard work. Activities in general is work. So when enthusiasm for a project dies, people will naturally not want to work hard on it any more.

Maybe you should have made it a couples week and planned 3 activities of 2 days each. That way you capture fully the enthusiasm and energy the people have when they first started, and the project finishes before people got bored.

Tis a shame. I was planning on kidnappi- curious to see who the writers were on this forum. Cest la vie.

I liked the Idea, but my partner and I just didn't have enough time in our hands to work on the story (we managed to write half of it in 10 days ^^"

But the intended purpose worked pretty well.

We got along really well with bruce and are quite good friends on the forum (atleast from my end ^^). Unfortunately he doesn't really log on anymore :(

So yeah, on our end time was the big factor.

I'll keep my avatar a little longer though #Bruceforever

I'm quite sad about it I was really looking forward to that question pack :( I'm really sorry that we couldn't come up with a story but our organisation suked quite badly and when the time came I had just a few text lines..

I'm really sorry about the outcome of this project :(

As of now, couple's month is over.

It might be over for you and flutterz (poor flutterz, I see you even split avatars :() but me and meru will always be together.

some constructive criticism (so you know for your future projects):

- I mostly joined for the good idea of shared characters in avatar and I had the most fun making those so good job thinking about that idea.

- As for the activities, they were good ideas but I must say the execution wasn't the greatest, starting with the showing love for people you might have even just met is awkward (not for me as I secretly loved meru all along tfEKdiv.png)

- Stuff like the stories seemed more like school project with the exact length and stuff, instead of just saying "write whatever you want", especially when we had people who have english as their second or trird language, having to write a 2 page prose can be hard for some.

- Splitting it into weeks might haven not been the greatest idea either, reducing the overall intensity of the activities to 25% while spreading them over the whole month might have been a better idea, as you can see I can still say things about meru in some posts but making it ALL posts was too much, "just mention" her over the month in some of your posts could have been better, same with having full month to prepare a short story, some questions etc.

- All and all it was fun experience for me, as I got to pay attention to meru more than I would without this project, talk to her like 10000% more than I would (on pm and skype and such) and unrelated to moderation of the forums which is what we would normally only be talking about. I had fun with a love triangle with yandere lewy which was also lot of fun.

- So for future forum projects, I would recommend sticking to a single easy good idea (like the avatar image coupling) and let people do whatever they want as activities, without setting exact rules how it has to be done. Feels more fun that way~

So yeah, thanks for the project and don't feel down that it didn't work just like you expected, there were many subtle things you don't know about that sprouted thanks to you. And GL next time~