Funniest Thing You've Seen In a VN

Zenophilious

Just wondering, since I'm going through Hoshizora no Memoria, and I just got to the part where Komomo says, "What is this I don't even......"  I laughed my ass off at that; the last thing I expected was to see internet references in a VN.

I don't know if that's the original japanese text. It's likely that a lot of these things come from the translators and not the original script.

I forgot which novel it was but it said "..something FTW" I'm pretty sure FTW is not a japanese term. That might be just me.

But as far as funniest things in VNs I will forever remember that scene in Little Busters where Kurugaya told Kud to add "God damn" to the beginning of her sentences and "Touch me and I'll beat the crap out of you " to the end. And then Komari goes to her and asks if she wants to play catch ball to which Kud replies "God damn, I can't right now. Touch me and I'll beat the crap out of you" to which Komari runs away crying in fear. It was so hilarious I laughed for a couple minutes.

Not to mention how Rin imitated the same actions which just added to the fun.

I don't know if that's the original japanese text. It's likely that a lot of these things come from the translators and not the original script.

I forgot which novel it was but it said "..something FTW" I'm pretty sure FTW is not a japanese term. That might be just me.

Yeah, I thought it might have been the translators, since it's probably safe to assume that VN translators are semi-familiar with internet culture.  Even so, I didn't expect that at all.

Yeah, FTW is definitely an English term, but other languages have adopted various forms of internet slang into their own languages.  I seeing someone in a multiplayer game say something close to "JK" in Chinese (I asked a friend what it meant afterwards), and I know that didn't originate from China.

Sad thing is... I've played so many VNs that I can't remember any specific funny scenes.  I can remember that Shiranui in Evolimit is like one long running joke when he isn't being serious, and I remember most of the Key games being pretty funny... but if you asked me to remember a single funny moment?  Sorry, no dice. 

Sad thing is... I've played so many VNs that I can't remember any specific funny scenes.  I can remember that Shiranui in Evolimit is like one long running joke when he isn't being serious, and I remember most of the Key games being pretty funny... but if you asked me to remember a single funny moment?  Sorry, no dice. 

No problem.  I had forgotten about the terrifying Emi Face of Weirdness already, and that was only 2 VNs ago.

Same here, I remember reading One during my winter break and often breaking out laughing, but if you asked me to name a scene I'd draw a blank.

Miwa- "Alright, would you care to introduce yourself?"

Usami- "My...name...?"

Miwa- "Yeah, your name..."

Usami- "I am... Bin Laden."

Usami- "Ahaha, I just made a pun."

Usami- "Argh, I should shoot myself."

.-.

Usami's sense of comedy was gold.

Anyone laughed when Kyousuke made that meeting after Kanon broke his CD in order to dispose of her? I just thought it was funny for such an emotionless character to let out his rage like that over a CD.

Found this in my VN screenshots folder. From Shiro no Pikapika Ohoshi-sama:

E6OgsVV.jpg

Can't remember the context/event, but the MC refers his current situation as "the time when my ero-magazine stash was found."

The image basically says "Kazoku Kaigi", literally Family Meeting (as in "the talk").

I do remember seriously laughing when that image came out lol.