Kanon is getting an official English release

Posted (edited)

Good for Visual Arts they want to localize Kanon regardless on how I'll call it as redundant anyway, seeing we already have the translation patch from way back in 2009. They also put some effort to resize the CG to 1280x720, so again good for them. That said, at this point the only KEY related news that I want to see is if Anemoi can see English release, and also Lunaria Steam release.

Edited by littleshogun

13 hours ago, Shaun said:

I'd rather read the fan translation (which I already have) instead of supporting the official release with removed content.

I take it this is going to be an "all ages" release huh?

Posted (edited)

As for sex scenes, honestly just play fan translation if someone is very desperate for it. That said, it's very understandable people didn't consider Kanon sex scenes are good, especially when there's a patch to remove the sex scenes even back then, which mean there are people who prefer to play old version without the sex scenes. But if some find the sex scenes in Kanon are very arousing, well good for them.

Edited by littleshogun

Posted (edited)

I already read the fan-TL (while disabling the horrible h scenes) and have japanese Memorial Edition in a box, but I look forward to this Steam release.

Having it officially released in HD, with voices and multi language support is great.

(It seems that it's goint to be a port of 2023 Switch version)

Edited by adamstan