[Studio Frisay] Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete Translation Project

Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete
(In Search of the Lost Future)

ubQpt72.jpg

Description

At Uchihama Academy, the number of new students at the school has been increasing every year, so a new school building is constructed. Before they move to the new building, the school will hold one last cultural festival at the old building before it is closed down. Each of the clubs decide to give it their all to make it a success. The student council asks the astronomy club to calm the uneasiness among the students in regard to mysterious incidents at the old building. Sou Akiyama, a member of the astronomy club, is inspecting the old building when he finds a mysterious naked girl, Yui Furukawa, who appears to know him. The next day, Yui expresses her desire to join the astronomy club.
          (Description taken partially from VNDB and Wikipedia.)
VNDB link: https://vndb.org/v4880

Where to purchase

The game can be purchased legally from DMM (https://dlsoft.dmm.co.jp/detail/tin_0002/), but a Japanese proxy/VPN may be necessary to purchase it. In addition, there's an extra layer of DRM which requires the installation of the DMM Game Player software which then allows you to download and install the game. A Japanese VPN is necessary to use DMM Game Player, both to download the game once purchased, and also to launch the game, although once launched the VPN can be turned off. This is the copy I have obtained, but the patch will work with both the DMM version and the original disc version released in 2010, although the only difference will be in their encryption and the addition of one extra file to get the disc version to work on modern systems.

Project

YUJqWqi.png

The English localization project is being conducted by Studio Frisay as its third project following Imasugu Onii-chan ni Imouto datte Iitai! in 2022 and H2O √ after and another Complete Story Edition in 2023. As before, I (Tooko) will be doing all of the translating and editing of the script, along with probably most of the image editing, and working on the game engine. Also as before, nReus has agreed to help with the rendering of the game's videos and also some of the image editing (you can largely thank him for the design of the logo above).

Studio Frisay discord server

Progress

Programming: The game uses the Kirikiri engine, one of the most popular and versatile engines around. I've already taken care of the preliminary engine hacks necessary to construct the patch after a lot of trial and error, and also received some help to streamline the patch creation process once the project is complete.

Translation: The translation officially commenced on January 19, 2024. However, I already translated about 25% of the script by the time I announced the project a couple months later in March. The game has 35,416 lines across 180 scenario files split up between the five heroine routes:

Kaori: 8519 / 8519: 100%
Airi: 7368 / 7368: 100%
Nagisa: 3423 / 7356: 46.5%

Yui 1: 0 / 8334: 0%
Yui 2: 0 / 3839: 0%
Total: 19310 / 35416: 54.5
%

Relatively uncommon for this type of game, it doesn't have a separate common route and instead incorporates elements similar to a common route into the beginning of each route. There is also a set order the routes must be completed, which is the same order they're listed above. A full walkthrough will be provided with the patch to view all CGs and endings.

Progress link on Google Sheets

Edited by Tooko
Update

So Ushieta as your next project I see. I remember there's someone who worked hard on this VN with he keep telling his regular updates before he vanished with the unfinished project. As for the VN itself, the graphic is looking good even now, although story wise it's closer to charage/moege. Good luck on the project, and I'll try to keep my eyes on this project just like the older one.

Wait what?! Is this for real?? I never thought this would be translated, or even an attempt at it. I read this and watched the anime. The VN obviously was better and had more detail. Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete was decent, and had some emotional parts to it. It also had some pretty good H scenes haha. It did keep my interest when I read it. I am sure some will find it a very enjoyable ride.  At any rate, good luck to your team at giving us who are not polyglots something to read. Oh, and I have already bought this. Sadly the dev no longer exists to support.

Edited by Erogamer

Posted (edited)

About a month later, and now another arc is complete, this time with Airi. That brings the current total to about 45% complete for the entire script. Although there's still about 20,000 lines to go, it always feels better once I get over the 50% mark, which I should hit sometime next week in Nagisa's arc. Funnily enough, Nagisa's arc is almost exactly the same size as Airi's, even down to the amount of text itself, with only 482 characters separating them. Both arcs were written by the same author, Saitou Kenji, so that may have had something to do with it. So I'll get back to working on it and have another update next month.

Edited by Tooko

Congratulation on finishing Airi's route, which to say is quite big step up compared to the past project because I did search my past VNTS Review and then found out the old translator stuck at Airi's route with overall is at 35% translated. Good luck with your work on Nagisa's route.

Edited by littleshogun

On 3/9/2024 at 3:12 AM, Tooko said:

Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete
(In Search of the Lost Future)

ubQpt72.jpg

Description

At Uchihama Academy, the number of new students at the school has been increasing every year, so a new school building is constructed. Before they move to the new building, the school will hold one last cultural festival at the old building before it is closed down. Each of the clubs decide to give it their all to make it a success. The student council asks the astronomy club to calm the uneasiness among the students in regard to mysterious incidents at the old building. Sou Akiyama, a member of the astronomy club, is inspecting the old building when he finds a mysterious naked girl, Yui Furukawa, who appears to know him. The next day, Yui expresses her desire to join the astronomy club.
          (Description taken partially from VNDB and Wikipedia.)
VNDB link: https://vndb.org/v4880

Where to purchase

The game can be purchased legally from DMM (https://dlsoft.dmm.co.jp/detail/tin_0002/), but a Japanese proxy/VPN may be necessary to purchase it. In addition, there's an extra layer of DRM which requires the installation of the DMM Game Player software which then allows you to download and install the game. A Japanese VPN is necessary to use DMM Game Player, both to download the game once purchased, and also to launch the game, although once launched the VPN can be turned off. This is the copy I have obtained, but the patch will work with both the DMM version and the original disc version released in 2010, although the only difference will be in their encryption and the addition of one extra file to get the disc version to work on modern systems.

Project

YUJqWqi.png

The English localization project is being conducted by Studio Frisay as its third project following Imasugu Onii-chan ni Imouto datte Iitai! in 2022 and H2O √ after and another Complete Story Edition in 2023. As before I (Tooko) will be doing all of the translating and editing of the script, along with probably most of the image editing, and working on the game engine. Also as before, nReus has agreed to help with the rendering of the game's videos and also some of the image editing (you can largely thank him for the design of the logo above).

Studio Frisay discord server

Progress

Programming: The game uses the Kirikiri engine, one of the most popular and versatile engines around. I've already taken care of the preliminary engine hacks necessary to construct the patch after a lot of trial and error, and also received some help to streamline the patch creation process once the project is complete.

Translation: The translation officially commenced on January 19, 2024. However, I already translated about 25% of the script by the time I announced the project a couple months later in March. The game has 35,416 lines across 180 scenario files split up between the five heroine routes:

Kaori: 8519 / 8519: 100%
Airi: 7368 / 7368: 100%
Nagisa: 0 / 7356: 0%

Yui 1: 0 / 8334: 0%
Yui 2: 0 / 3839: 0%
Total: 15887 / 35416: 44.9
%

Relatively uncommon for this type of game, it doesn't have a separate common route and instead incorporates elements similar to a common route into the beginning of each route. There is also a set order the routes must be completed, which is the same order they're listed above. A full walkthrough will be provided with the patch to view all CGs and endings.

Progress link on Google Sheets

Many congratulations, I am so happy for you :)