Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

Damn I wasn't around during pika talks....

Consider yourself lucky, then.

Why do I still open that spoiler-tag to hell from Ourai after all that he has already shown ....

Come now, it's only, like, 1 in 20 of my spoiler-tagged pictures that are bad.

why did I open it before reading the text below?

Are you implying that you wouldn't have opened it if you had?

Well your first mistake was using internet explorer.

Amen.

Well your first mistake was using internet explorer. But aside from that I dont think anyone can help you without more detail on what is actually happening. Like what OS you are using or what you were doing the day before. Any programs you recently installed or uninstalled.

I will admit to using ie, but i dont have much choise in the matter due to my huge favorites folder.

If you know a browser that can import them and keep the order i have sortet them in, do tell me. (i dont like fire fox because of the way the favorites work)

And i will post what i have dont from scratch.

hardware:

i5-3570k (3.4 ghz)

16gb ram 1600mhz

System, windows 7 64 bit.

internet explorer 10.

Other than the regular updates, i have not installed any programs recently and definitly not yesterday.

problem description:

This morning i booted op ie and as usual opened my tabs with music when i suddenly noticed my pc slowing down. (i usually open quite a lot of tabs with music from youtube)

I checked my cpu usage and say that it was around 90% now usually when i have all my tabs open this is around 0-5% so that was abnormal.

I went and checked wich program was using so much cpu and it turned out to be ie.

After this i closed ie rebooted and tried again.

Once again the cpu usage was extremely high.

After this i opened less tabs and say that my cpu usage was showing spikes jumping from 0% to 40% due to internet explorer.

After i closed it, i once again opend it and this time opend tabs of a different website world of tanks main page instead of youtube. ( i used the same amount of tabs)

In this case the cpu spikes where gone.

This led me to think that mayby flashplayer was the cause so i uninstalled it and reinstalled it.

This did not fix the problem.

After this i when to windows update and installed ie11 to see if that could fix the problem.

It did do a certain extent, only now flashplayer was crashing.when i opend my tabs  . (i got youtube with wite schreen with a circle in the middle with a ! sign)

So i uninstalled ie11 and when back to ie10.

This brought back the first problem but also kept the flashplayer crashing.

So i reinstalled flashplayer again.

The problem persists.

And of course i managed to forget to make a recovery point before i did anything.

Silly me doing something right for a change <_<

So im screwed aren't I :unsure:

EDIT: i did try a different browser and the high cpu usage does indeed seem to gone if i use a different browser so the problem is most likely ie related.

Not too sure on organisation but I am fairly confident that Chrome imports favorites and so does Opera (browsers). Try using chrome or opera or Firefox, only to test if the problem occurs with a browser other than IE. If so the issue is most likely flash rather than IE itself. If not then the issue is IE. Though I think that Chrome comes integrated with flash so chrome should work either way.

Not too sure on organisation but I am fairly confident that Chrome imports favorites and so does Opera (browsers). Try using chrome or opera or Firefox, only to test if the problem occurs with a browser other than IE. If so the issue is most likely flash rather than IE itself. If not then the issue is IE. Though I think that Chrome comes integrated with flash so chrome should work either way.

i did try a different browser and the high cpu usage does indeed seem to gone if i use a different browser so the problem is most likely ie related.

Still it is strange how it just appeared over night.

Okay status update for those who care, i somehow fixed it

details, for the interested

After trying chrome, opera, and firefox.

And hating the way bookmarks work for them.

Altought hat has jsut as much to do with the way i use them.

I use them to keep track of anime i watched, vn i have on my pc, anime i want to watch, a list of programs i have on my pc in case of a full reinstall, stuff i want to buy, and as a massive music liblary.

ass well as a massive list of mods for multiple games, primarily bethesda games)

So yeah i kind of use it in a way it was not intended to be used

And ie bookmark system is the only one wich can properly organise and display that massive work. (and the only reason i use it)

As for chrome i did import the order in wich is sored my bookmarks.

But the way it displayed them is terrible. (on top wich makes scrolling with a mouse weel a pain in the ass)

I did download a app to make it display it on the left or right, but it suffered from the same problem firefox does with bookmarks.

And that is when i middle mouse click on a bookmark to open a tab it makes the bookmark screen dissapear and you need to click the bookmark screen again.

And i tend to open two or tree at a time.

So that was out of the window.

And after many restarts, reinstalling flashplayer again, running adaware and malwarebytes and not finding anything, some love tabs with a sledge hammer and breaking down hysterically crying.

I decided in a effort of futillity to instal ie11 one more time.

And that seemed to fix it......... no more high cpu usage, no more flashplayer crashed, still the usual ie memory leak. (but that does not bother me for i have 16gb ram muahahahaha) :P

as for the how and why....... i have no bloody idea and i dont give a shit anymore. Spend way to much time trying to fix this already. (better part of the morning)

Now i can only hope it will stay away and not come back.

I am dead tired already and it is still morning here, great way to start the day.... ow well.

Soo true .....

so very very true

i haven't been here for a while um...can anyone please tell me how is the translation going? any progress since the thread started?

This:

The bad news is that in a few weeks, Kosuna is going to the hospital, and is not likely to be able to work again for a long, long time. (hint hint)

The good news is that he intends to see Miyako finished and given to me before he leaves, even if it'll mean there'll be a few translation errors here and there. (I'll probably ask GentleBlade for help with that, if he'd be so willing.)