VN with school life, slice of life and love story like Discipline?

Sendu

I just finished Discipline the Record of a Crusade VN. I've got straight the good ending, but still I thought it would last a little more. I really liked it. I came here to ask your help if anyone knows any visual novel like that.
I'm not asking anything related the hentai style of the VN but more regarding the story. I'd like a VN like that that is about school life with slice of life situation. The dormitory life is not mandatory, but I appreciate it. I'd really like it to have some sort of relationship where the main protagonist gets motivated by an eroine/girl character.
The most important things is that there is at the least the relationship. I liked the fact Hayami gets motivated by Otokawa in Discipline the Record of a Crusade, and that makes him improving at school and in life, as he was good at neither of them. If you know a VN with something like that please suggest me.
Currently I'm inspecting the VNDB but it's so huge, I feel almost impossible to find what I'm looking for atm. Perhaps, if it could help to be able to search using several tags together. Regarding femdom stuff, I can adapt if the visual novel doesn't include it. Said that, I'd prefer such VN to be an eroge/hentai.
I'm quite new in the visual novel world, I need some suggestions and I really appreciate any kind of help or suggestion anyone here can provide.

Edited by Sendu

Katawa Shoujo seems to fit what you're looking for on at least one of it's routes. Without spoiling anything in particular, the protagonist has a certain medical condition. Being in decent shape is a good thing in general, but probably even more important with this particular condition. If, in the beginning part of the game, you choose the options that involve doing exercise and stuff, you should be able to get onto the Emi route, which I would say at least sort of fits the bill on the "motivated by a heroine/girl character" requirement*. Also, the setting is a (special) high school, and you end up living in the dormitory, I'm pretty sure. Its an eroge with h-scenes on in options, and fades to end of scene with implied h-scene with that off. There's not really much in the way of h-scenes, but the option is there for preference in either direction.

*Edit: To clarify, its the route that I'm suggesting qualifies, not the way onto it.

Edited by Odenvard

2 hours ago, Odenvard said:

Katawa Shoujo seems to fit what you're looking for on at least one of it's routes. Without spoiling anything in particular, the protagonist has a certain medical condition. Being in decent shape is a good thing in general, but probably even more important with this particular condition. If, in the beginning part of the game, you choose the options that involve doing exercise and stuff, you should be able to get onto the Emi route, which I would say at least sort of fits the bill on the "motivated by a heroine/girl character" requirement*. Also, the setting is a (special) high school, and you end up living in the dormitory, I'm pretty sure. Its an eroge with h-scenes on in options, and fades to end of scene with implied h-scene with that off. There's not really much in the way of h-scenes, but the option is there for preference in either direction.

*Edit: To clarify, its the route that I'm suggesting qualifies, not the way onto it.

I somehow heard about this VN, and I once read the Wikipedia article. I found it very interesting, it was on my plans to play it. I think it must be really a great work (just the idea it's great imo), but it's not exactly what I'm looking for atm.
I should give more details. In Discipline the main protagonist gets motivated by the main heroine/female character and is not good at either school and life stuff, but, the main problems are very common to college students. Things such as being very lazy and not having much motivation to do something or studying, the main heroine fixes this (I find it interesting because the main heroine is also very strict and school hardcore too).
Checking VNDB and Wikipedia, in Katawa Shoujo it seems as though everyone has got different kind of problems. I definitely must have a look at it a day or another, I think it's not the right VN for me after this one I just finished, but, in the future, it's going to be on my list.

1 hour ago, Akshay said:

So, basically a VN with school-life themes, motivational girls, good relationships and strong slice of life/drama. (and hentaiO

Obligatory Majikoi recommendation 

Yeah, you summarized greatly. vndb.org/v1143 I think you pointed out the right one or definitely one of the few, I'm going to check this out. Also, it's longer than Discipline, and I wouldn't imagine to be the kind of VN that gets too boring along the way also, so I'm going to have something both interesting and a little longer than the VN I just went through.

I find the topics here very interesting, in a very short time I've already got two different great titles. I must thank you guys, I'm very glad I landed up here. This seems the kind of community where everyone is willing to help each other, it's nice for me as I'm just starting out, I'll do my best to help and give my contribute back to Fuwanovel community.

Edited by Sendu

Maybe HatsuKoi would be good for you, and it's up to you to find out the reason. Other than that, might as well recommend both of Wagahigh and Miagete - the latter didn't have H scenes though because it was cut. Also if you're okay with shoujo ai VN thing, then Hakuai would be a good choice as well. Hope the recommendation would be help, although I might be wrong though in regard of those.

Kono Oozora https://vndb.org/v9093 . Fairly lighthearted. Some scenes and music are quite breathtaking. Might want to wait for the new fan patch that is due out in the future.

Grisaia no Kajitsu https://vndb.org/v5154 . Quirky characters, great writing and nice comedy. The various heroine routes gets pretty serious though. Highly recommended.

Clannad https://vndb.org/v4 . Very long VN. It's designed to make people cry at some times (but overall isn't depressing). Endings on the routes are quite powerful. No +18 content.

Wagamama High Spec https://vndb.org/v17823 . Pretty lighthearted, and has some references, and cute music. The H content is more numerous and higher quality then usual.

Katawa Shoujo https://vndb.org/v945 . Unique in that it's not made by a japanese team. It's free too. H content is rather short (or can be outright disabled).

5 hours ago, Sendu said:

I should give more details. In Discipline the main protagonist gets motivated by the main heroine/female character and is not good at either school and life stuff, but, the main problems are very common to college students. Things such as being very lazy and not having much motivation to do something or studying, the main heroine fixes this (I find it interesting because the main heroine is also very strict and school hardcore too).

Well, the situation in Clannad is not exactly the same, but it seems somewhat similar thematically. There the protagonist starts more or less as human trash, but later, through his interactions with the heroines, he finds motivation to help them with their problems. I only watched the anime and read one and a half routes of the VN, but I think it's pretty good (though extremely long, and that's really not a good thing in this case).

All the titles you're pointing out seems worth reading. I'd probably like nearly all of them. It's difficult for me because looking at the VNDB, there's always something missing. I like good CG background, but in some of these Visual Novels CG backgrounds are not that great, on another is the story, other are short and so on.... I've been quite impressed by Clannad (storyline...woah!), but littleshogun made me also very curios to see what  HatsuKoi is like (don't spoil me please), and Majikoi as caught my eyes too, it seems like a very warm visual novel. The other ones are also not bad at all. I think all that's left for me is experimenting and make a VNDB profile. Regarding Clannad and non hentai, I don't like to play non sexual visual novels, but considering the quality of their storylines, I'll just play a hentai VN and a great non hentai VN for the storyline together. I'm going to keep Katawa Shoujo for later on, but for the rest I'll be literally checking all those titles out. I'm very glad for the suggestions that everyone's giving, thank you again guys!

1 hour ago, Sendu said:

All the titles you're pointing out seems worth reading. I'd probably like nearly all of them. It's difficult for me because looking at the VNDB, there's always something missing. I like good CG background, but in some of these Visual Novels CG backgrounds are not that great, on another is the story, other are short and so on.... I've been quite impressed by Clannad (storyline...woah!), but littleshogun made me also very curios to see what  HatsuKoi is like (don't spoil me please), and Majikoi as caught my eyes too, it seems like a very warm visual novel. The other ones are also not bad at all. I think all that's left for me is experimenting and make a VNDB profile. Regarding Clannad and non hentai, I don't like to play non sexual visual novels, but considering the quality of their storylines, I'll just play a hentai VN and a great non hentai VN for the storyline together. I'm going to keep Katawa Shoujo for later on, but for the rest I'll be literally checking all those titles out. I'm very glad for the suggestions that everyone's giving, thank you again guys!

Honestly, having semi-recently finished reading Clannad, I'm not sure why I didn't think to recommend it here. :P

Anyways, I hope you enjoy yourself. Luckily for you, your tastes seem to generally match with a rather huge portion of available VNs, so you won't be too starved for options. Have fun :)

I found some stories, talking that it can get pretty depressing, I hope it won't end up like that. I don't want to use walkthroughs, should I? It seems to defeat the purpose of playing a visual novel. Well, anyway, it doesn't matter so much, I admit it has got my interests. I'll be keeping another VN ready so if it's too much in the end, I forget about it, I hope they just don't exaggerate. I prefer depressing drama with a moral or something, and it has to be good.
By the way, it doesn't matter who recommended what. I liked literally any suggestion here and, at the right time, I'm going to check all them out. I appreciated all help that has been provided on this thread

You'll get used to using walkthroughs, I'm sure.
Personally, I don't use walkthroughs if the choices seem obvious enough, but otherwise, do my first play through without and the use the walkthrough for the following playthroughs.

On the more depressing end of the spectrum, try Kira Kira.

Edited by Beichuuka