Looking for an mature oriented romance VN.

Goat Warlord

Hey All!  I've recently gotten into VNs and I just love what I've read.  I've exhausted all of the good seinen romance manga, so I figured looking for good romance visual novels would be the next best step.

Things I'm looking for include:
1) A male lead who isn't spineless.
2) A realistic relationship where the boy and/or girl fall don't in love instantly.  More drama is always a plus.
3) Everyone isn't a virgin...this seems to be a reoccurring theme in a lot of the romance VNs I looked at.  I don't care too much about this one as long as the story is good.
4) Preferably non high school characters, but I'm willing to be flexible on this if the characters are mature.

Hmm, you might want to give Kira Kira a try. The whole band goes on tour theme felt somewhat more mature and realistic than the vast majority of moe blob VN's.

If drama is a plus for you, you can also try ef - a fairy tale of the two or Eden*. Both are very emotional and deal with some heavy themes.

Da Capo 2 and Clannad are also two nakige classics that have a good mixture of romance and drama and aren't already on the heavy utsuge side like the two previously mentioned Minori titles.

Edited by ChaosRaven

Grisaia no Kajitsu https://vndb.org/v5154 has you covered on the first 2 fronts. And sort of on the 4th point...

Protag is quite competent, says what's on his mind (even if he misunderstands things at times), and is pretty much phased by nothing (even a half waked woman suddenly appearing in his room doesn't phase him). Protag is actually a badass...

The girls are virgins ....

Spoiler

but the protag isn't....

Relationships don't form instantly. Protag typically has to dig into and deal with the (typically psychological) issues the girl is having before any real romance happens.

Yes, they are all highschool students. But it isn't your typical highschool, and they all have backstories that necessitate them being there. The characters are ..... somewhat eccentric at times...

Once you get past the rather long common route (which tends to be random comedy skits, and small amounts of foreshadowing), and flag a character's route, there's tons of drama. And feels. Trust me...

I would suggest that you give G senjou no maou a try the protag is very mature and definitely not spineless. Romance definitely doesn't start of right away especially for the main heroine.

The characters all go to a exclusive ritzy private school which I have always guessed is a equivalent of a high school  though it could be more than that.

Drama also abounds as well and it's so well done. There is a reason it has stayed right in my top 5

On 11/28/2017 at 3:38 AM, ChaosRaven said:

Hmm, you might want to give Kira Kira a try. The whole band goes on tour theme felt somewhat more mature and realistic than the vast majority of moe blob VN's.

If drama is a plus for you, you can also try ef - a fairy tale of the two or Eden*. Both are very emotional and deal with some heavy themes.

Da Capo 2 and Clannad are also two nakige classics that have a good mixture of romance and drama and aren't already on the heavy utsuge side like the two previously mentioned Minori titles.

Recommendations in bold ~

seconding ef and kira kira. Also deardrops is a mature romance. 

Try Enigma

Yume Miru Kusuri

Edited by Akshay