Best route in Key's Visual Novels

Mei

My favorite character arc would have to be Fuko's from Clannad, although I surprisingly liked Kappei's route so much I'd rank it right up with Fuu-Chan.

My favorite 'main' route (Afterstory, Terra/Moon, ect.) would have to be Refrain. God, I cried more than I want to admit on that one.

Mine would be Little Busters Refrain. First time that a VN had made shed a tear(More than I will ever admit to). For actual character route I would have to go with Kud from Little Busters. I even got a little chocked up at the end of that too. I mostly love Little Busters all around.

This kinda made me seem like a crybaby.

Hmm thats kinda hard one.

I cant exactly Nail it down since each game had good ones.

For Clannad Nagisa of course.

For Rewrite definatly Shizuru or Lucia or Moon.

For Little Busters Mio and Refrain.

Best Char arc i have to go with hmmm.... Mio!

Best Overall Route Refrain from LB.

Just finished Kotori's route on Rewrite - as it's my first Key route; it's my only plausible response to the question.

That said, it was quite an enjoyable ride. Closest I've come to crying in a game in a long time. (I don't quite cry very easily, not even during the Clannad anime)

That said; this doesn't count anime versions of Key VNs. Although I don't think it's been there yet; just pointing that out.

• 4 weeks later...

In my opinion...

Kanon: Ayu

Air: Kano

Clannad: Nagisa/After Story

Little Busters: Kudryvaka

Rewrite: Shizuru

Overall this was difficult to choose, but after calculating flags, factoring in technology that was available at the time, and carrying many 2s, I've come to the conclusion that my favorite key route was Kud's route. Not because she is the cutest thing in all know universes, it's because her route was based on making a very difficult decision, one that was only decided because in actuality it was the right thing to do.

I have only read Rewrite and LB; the two routes that I liked the most from each were Akane's and Mio's, respectively. If I had to choose, Mio's route trumps Akane's because it is beautifully written and poignant; Akane's has more of a mainstream appeal with all of the action. I can't deny the neat messages in Akane's route, but Mio's packs a punch in a more subtle way. To put it pompously, Mio's route would likely live on into the future as "literature," assuming that visual novels will ever become validated as such. 

I like Terra route on Rewrite afterwards Refrain. I think it better to ask specific character route because the final routes are always superior because they complete the plot. So I'll go with Chiaya's.

Can't wait to get in Clannad to after story.

Mine would be Little Busters Refrain. First time that a VN had made shed a tear(More than I will ever admit to). For actual character route I would have to go with Kud from Little Busters. I even got a little chocked up at the end of that too. I mostly love Little Busters all around.

This kinda made me seem like a crybaby.

This and this. I'm glad there's someone that appreciates LB as much as me, you have my vote Stanleys.

Kud's route makes me tear every time, even the very final CG always makes me shed a tear.

Aside from that Haruka's route in LB was also pretty emotional for me.

And of course the Refrain route which no one can forget after playing.