Steins;Gate 0 PC - Visual Novel Reader Text Hooking Possible?

Coldness

Hey everyone,

The JP version of Steins;Gate 0 was released last week. Today I tried using the Visual Novel Reader to assist me in reading it untranslated.

However, it doesn't seem like VNR is able to detect the text. I have had no luck working with Cheat Engine either. Has anyone been able to figure out a way to get this working? 

1 hour ago, Coldness said:

Hey everyone,

The JP version of Steins;Gate 0 was released last week. Today I tried using the Visual Novel Reader to assist me in reading it untranslated.

However, it doesn't seem like VNR is able to detect the text. I have had no luck working with Cheat Engine either. Has anyone been able to figure out a way to get this working? 

Isn't Steins Gate series heavy on Sci-fi stuff? I wouldn't really bother with machine translation if I could help it, unless you are very good in Japanese?

It's probably having the same issue that chaos;child was having, you will need to wait until someone modifies the .exe of the game so you can hook it.

Isn't Steins Gate series heavy on Sci-fi stuff? I wouldn't really bother with machine translation if I could help it, unless you are very good in Japanese?

Machine translation is only one of the function that VNR has, it doesnt necessarily mean that you don't know Japanese, and even if you are proficient with Japanese there are still some kanji that you might don't know so using a text hooker and the parsing the text is always a good idea for anyone reading vns.

13 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

Machine translation is only one of the function that VNR has, it doesnt necessarily mean that you don't know Japanese, and even if you are proficient with Japanese there are still some kanji that you might don't know so using a text hooker and the parsing the text is always a good idea for anyone reading vns.

I know that, I just thought it's a hard VN even if you know Japanese, I know you can use it to help yourself out when you see a kanji that you don't recognize, I just thought it's a waste of effort if you are going to read it by blindly eating machine translation stuff (some people do it, it usually is tolerable only on low non-complicated nukige stuff)

14 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

I know that, I just thought it's a hard VN even if you know Japanese, I know you can use it to help yourself out when you see a kanji that you don't recognize, I just thought it's a waste of effort if you are going to read it by blindly eating machine translation stuff (some people do it, it usually is tolerable only on low non-complicated nukige stuff)

Probably not a vn for a beginner :P(and yes reaiding with a MT would be a pain if you can even gather anything at all from the plot) but with determination you can read anything specially if you know someone that already read that novel and you can ask him/her the parts you didnt understand

I just checked out Steins Gate 0 and from what I have seen, apparently there will be an English version on PS4 and Vita, if I were OP I'd probably buy it if I had any of the consoles mentioned ... But I have heard that Steins Gate is coming to Steam, I guess if it proves a success they should release this new one there aswell? I'd probably want to wait for it because it is probably going to get an official release on Steam or something like that. It's probably not worth to read it the hard way unless the OP wants to learn Japanese (the hard way xD).

1 minute ago, Deep Blue said:

The english version of s;g 0 will be released sooner or later, the question is when... but I'm sure someone will upload youtube videos of the whole novel from the vita/ps4 version, so even if it's never released on pc you will be able to read it by the end of this month xD

That's a good point, unless it gets DMCA'd on Youtube XD I don't know what kind of streaming policy there is on that particular title xD

Just now, Infernoplex said:

That's a good point, unless it gets DMCA'd on Youtube XD I don't know what kind of streaming policy there is on that particular title xD

to be honest It doesn't matter because once is out there you can download the videos, re-upload them into a file host, etc.
And none of the other S;G games were DMCA'd on youtube, hiyoku Renri nor Senkei Kousoku (both of them are "playable" on english only via youtube)

22 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

to be honest It doesn't matter because once is out there you can download the videos, re-upload them into a file host, etc.
And none of the other S;G games were DMCA'd on youtube, hiyoku Renri nor Senkei Kousoku (both of them are "playable" on english only via youtube)

That's interesting to know - what you mentioned about the Hiyoku Renri and Senkei Kousoku, I guess I could use that info later on, I did see some people do whole playthroughs of VNs on Youtube but never really researched whether their videos got deleted over time ... And if they upload every single route available then that's really cool, no need to bother with buying the game, you could just stream it ... Nice :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/09/2016 at 4:38 PM, Neromon said:

So, I was finally able to get the patch. Here it is for anyone who might need it:

https://www.mediafire.com/?88xdxm6hpbdji5m

/HQN-4@304003D:Game.exe

Credit goes to to SaintLouisX from hongfire forum.

That's me lol, I didn't even see this thread and I check Fuwa more than HF, especially since HF doesn't even load properly for me anymore. Whoops. Does HF load properly for you? I keep getting timed out now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2016 at 3:17 AM, Coldness said:

Hey everyone,

Where i can download JP Version of Zero for PC? already looking for it for weeks and still got nothing
anyone could help?

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2016 at 1:49 AM, Kelebek1 said:

That's me lol, I didn't even see this thread and I check Fuwa more than HF, especially since HF doesn't even load properly for me anymore. Whoops. Does HF load properly for you? I keep getting timed out now.

Thanks a lot for the patch! I've been using it but my game seems to flicker over and over again. Are you by any chance getting the same thing?

Other than the flickering, it works perfectly.

• 7 months later...