EMS Increasing Shipping Rates in Japan (Official)

OriginalRen

I made a thread about this before, but now it's official. AmiAmi posted this on their site, and I have seen it posted other locations as well:

Dear Valued Customers,

Thank you for always using AmiAmi. Starting from June 1st, 2016, Japan Post will increase their shipping fees for EMS. This will be a general increase of Japan Post’s standard EMS tariffs, therefore it does not only apply to our shop but to any company or person that will use EMS shipping from June. In light of this price increase, we are considering alternative options to offer to our customers. We will make another announcement regarding this in the near future. The new EMS fees will be applied to all orders invoiced from June 1st, 2016 onwards, regardless of the date when the order was placed. More detailed information on the new fees will be posted as soon as available.

Enjoy the ridiculous shipping costs! Thoughts?

Not surprising. Postal services around the world are losing money hand over fist. USPS is increasing their rates, Australia Post is increasing their rates, and Japan Post is doing the same. And while I realise that Japan Post Holding includes a banking business as well, that doesn't mean they can let their postal service be a drain. Especially as they move toward privatization.