Spring 2016 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

8 hours ago, Jibril said:

I'm gonna bet that all the girls in Netoge will fall for the MC sooner or later. I've also got KonoSuba vibe from it, except it's High school stuff and not an isekai setting.

I'm 99% sure that's the reason why he doesn't want to fight and it can easily be justified with his age. Honestly I don't expect much than the better-than-expected action scenes.

Yeah, I know... I'm just naively hoping that once in a while we'll come across some anime where the author says "No! I refuse to play into this bs of a charade, I'm gonna make characters that are not retarded!".

Kiznaiver anyone ? That OP is sexy, and the characters all look pretty awesome. This is the one I'm the most excited about !

Bungou Stray Dogs, of course !

KuroMukuro too, for no special reason. I just sort of enjoy it for now

Joker game depending on how they handle the whole thing looks super promising too.

And hundred for the boobs, no for real, how many time has that anime been done ?

Boku no hero's first episode I liked, so I went and read the manga a bit, and it let me down quite a bit.

Flying witch looks like it will be something fun and easy to watch.

Coluboccoro can be good, but it started slowly.

What a good season. Most of what's left is the usual moe stuff I don't personnally enjoy.

48 minutes ago, SilverLi said:

What's hyped this season? I go through the anichart but I don't find anything remotely interesting. But perhaps it is my taste? But I think this spring is the worst in many years. 

Well, let's see. Many people hyped Boku no Hero Academia, but it has proven to be quite underwhelming. Also, the scrubs with no taste were waiting for Asterisk season 2.

Nothing else was hyped up, as far as I remember right now.

flying witch is pretty good, only one which i was personally hyped for this season.
most others where wait and see if it was worth it, and most were not worth it.

The season is pretty bad this time, but we cant always have great season.

only series I really watch this season are
Flying witch (best series of the season)
Macross delta (Have not made my mind up about this one, its fun but I dont yet know how good it is as a macross series)
kabaneri of the iron fortress. (not sure, first ep looks good, but this as a chance to go either way)
Rezero (pretty fun, but wether it will be good i dont know yet)
And Ushio to tora. (good series, but it is just the second season and as such not a new show)

4 hours ago, havoc said:

flying witch is pretty good, only one which i was personally hyped for this season.
most others where wait and see if it was worth it, and most were not worth it.

The season is pretty bad this time, but we cant always have great season.

only series I really watch this season are
Flying witch (best series of the season)
Macross delta (Have not made my mind up about this one, its fun but I dont yet know how good it is as a macross series)
kabaneri of the iron fortress. (not sure, first ep looks good, but this as a chance to go either way)
Rezero (pretty fun, but wether it will be good i dont know yet)
And Ushio to tora. (good series, but it is just the second season and as such not a new show)

The second episode of Kabaneri looked as strong as the first one.

I'd recommend you also check out Joker Game and Stray Dogs.

1 hour ago, Jun Inoue said:

The second episode of Kabaneri looked as strong as the first one.

I'd recommend you also check out Joker Game and Stray Dogs.

Checked them out, Stray dogs is just not my kind of series. To me the first episode felt all over the place.

Joker game looked like it could come to be a great series, there was just something about it that really irked me the wrong way. Dont know why though.

I have managed to find another decent enough series though, Hai-furi. I skipped it at first because the synopsis just sounded like your generic cute girls doing cute things anime. 
But it actually is more like a mix between girls und panzer, strike witches (minus the panty shots) and a bit of School live mixed in between it.

As for the second episode of Kabaneri, i have not yet watched it as the only one out now is a fan translation of a Chinese version. (i believe it also had hard coded Chinese subs still in it)
So i will wait for next week when ep 2 will be out in good quality.

2 minutes ago, havoc said:

Checked them out, Stray dogs is just not my kind of series. To me the first episode felt all over the place.

Joker game looked like it could come to be a great series, there was just something about it that really irked me the wrong way. Dont know why though.

I have managed to find another decent enough series though, Hai-furi. I skipped it at first because the synopsis just sounded like your generic cute girls doing cute things anime. 
But it actually is more like a mix between girls und panzer, strike witches (minus the panty shots) and a bit of School live mixed in between it.

As for the second episode of Kabaneri, i have not yet watched it as the only one out now is a fan translation of a Chinese version. (i believe it also had hard coded Chinese subs still in it)
So i will wait for next week when ep 2 will be out in good quality.

Yeah... it was painful to watch xD

All my expectations for Re Zero are far surpassed in episode 3. Never knew White Fox could be this good after Akame ga Kill. I'm pleasantly surprised. Gorgeously executed action scenes, eye candy designs, well composed soundtrack, perfectly well placed pacing and a good story to wrap it all out. I dare say this anime is probably my AOTS even surpassing Kabaneri. It's time to raise the expectation bar again and hope I don't get disappointed!

GpoUXw.gif

Best action cinematography I've seen in anime for a while.

3 hours ago, havoc said:

It also has some kancolle mixed in, but I agree High School Fleet (Haifuri) is turning out to be quite good.

Netoge is also decent and for a crazy short I don't mind Uchuu Patrol Luluco.  

47 minutes ago, Jibril said:

All my expectations for Re Zero are far surpassed in episode 3. Never knew White Fox could be this good after Akame ga Kill. I'm pleasantly surprised. Gorgeously executed action scenes, eye candy designs, well composed soundtrack, perfectly well placed pacing and a good story to wrap it all out. I dare say this anime is probably my AOTS even surpassing Kabaneri. It's time to raise the expectation bar again and hope I don't get disappointed!

Hide contents

GpoUXw.gif

Best action cinematography I've seen in anime for a while.

That episode was simply fantastic, ended it in awe. Just everything about that episode was amazing, and definitely my AOTS so far.

Haifuri.... Blue Mermaids? Yokosuka Marine High school? World War 2 ships? Moe girls?

Did somebody decided to marry Kancolle with Aoki Hagane? Because this looks like to be their perfect child who decided to look up Girls Und Panzer as their role model. And wow they just blatantly make an outdated Harukaze sunk a Sarushima.... as well as surviving and running away from Admiral Spee when they get as close as 3km.....

...Well nitpicking aside, this is definitely my dream anime. I wonder if they're gonna put Carriers in or other battleships too. It'll be funny if they're suddenly put up against a 21st century nuclear power Aircraft Carrier and won.

I'm loving the quality moe anime we are getting this season, but what the fuck is up with the brightness of Sansha Sanyou? It is absolutely adorable, but I feel like I'm staring into the sun whenever I watch it.

I'm curious where Trigger is going with Kiznaiver. So far it has been pretty dull. While the premise is.... interesting, it is also highly problematic. I feel that the inability to truly understand our fellow man to be a fundamental part of what it means to be human. To force understanding and to force a connection between people feels hollow and wrong. Noriko is treating the others like "Sims", they are lesser beings that she desires a certain response from and cares for nothing else. Well, hopefully there will be a twist in the middle and it turns out the entire project was made in order to fight off some threat and not for something as insane and detrimental to the human race as world peace.

Well I'm glad I waited for a couple weeks and watched the first 3 episodes of Re: Zero consecutively, cuz otherwise I might have gotten too annoyed at the MC on the first one for being so stupidly blind when he has such insight on everything else going on.
Watching the 3 on a row makes for a greater effect, though, and has picked my interest.

I wonder if they'll use the MC's power again, though, and if they'll be able to do it correctly, instead of turning it into a horrible hassle to watch.

10 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Well I'm glad I waited for a couple weeks and watched the first 3 episodes of Re: Zero consecutively, cuz otherwise I might have gotten too annoyed at the MC on the first one for being so stupidly blind when he has such insight on everything else going on.
Watching the 3 on a row makes for a greater effect, though, and has picked my interest.

I wonder if they'll use the MC's power again, though, and if they'll be able to do it correctly, instead of turning it into a horrible hassle to watch.

Yeah the first episode was pretty mediocere but by the third it really managed to get going.

Have you tried flying with yet, it is a haikyu series which is pretty rare. Think Aria the animation.