-> Tasogaredoki no Kyoukaisen

SenpaiFingers

I've just read about the release of this translated VN, and i was very excited about the features, graphics and the plot, i would like to know if anyone has read it before and what did you think about it?
And if you are also excited to it, what are your expectations? 

I would love to discuss it a little before the launch

Here is the plot (VNDB):

Spoiler

In a mysterious school where day and night are two separate worlds, a mismatched trio works to resolve magic-related incidents.

Michiru is a newly enrolled first-year student at a boarding school with a notably large clock tower, located deep in the mountains. Unfortunately, on his first day of school, he gets caught up in some sudden trouble, and accidentally breaks an expensive-looking statue.

In order to compensate for the broken statue, the principal orders him and the boy who caused the incident to work for the school’s “Bureau for the Investigation of Special Affairs.”

When they arrive at the Bureau’s headquarters, a room situated in the school’s enormous underground library, a girl is waiting for them there with an apathetic look on her face.

The girl informs the confused pair of the situation: Magic exists in this school.

When the clock tower chimes, the “Realm of Night” appears, and merges with the school building. The Bureau’s job is to take care of the supernatural problems that arise. And so, Michiru struggles to protect the school from troublesome magical items known as “Mists”...

leyline_cover-727x1024.jpg

I read through most of the first title and wasn't impressed. The pacing was nice, and moo-chan the main girl is likeable...but nothing really appealing in the first game. Relationships and characters  feel quite anime-like, in a bad way. Basically everyone staunchly say it gets better though, so I guess you can be sure it does.

The CG's were nice, I appreciated them being of consistent quality with the sprites.

2 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

I played it for a bit before it was revealed to be localized,

Just now, Chronopolis said:

I read through most of the first title and wasn't impressed. The pacing was nice, and moo-chan the main girl is likeable...but nothing really appealing in the first game. Relationships and characters  feel quite anime-like, in a bad way. People staunchly say it gets better though.

Have you guys played in Japanese? Or was it some kind of demo

What I knew about this game that since this is part one of trilogy and apparently the game was ended in cliffhanger, I decided that I should wait until part 2 and 3 released and translated. Although if you want to play it, well it's quite good game if we based it from VNDB score. The OP was quite good imo. As for release plan in this year, don't count on it too much, although I'll be surprised if Sekai managed to release it this year and without kickstarter or indie go go fundraising thing since this is one of quite a big title for Sekai (I mean with Japanese professional company and in regard of famous seiyuu like Kawashima Rino).

10 hours ago, Chronopolis said:

I read through most of the first title and wasn't impressed. The pacing was nice, and moo-chan the main girl is likeable...but nothing really appealing in the first game. Relationships and characters  feel quite anime-like, in a bad way. Basically everyone staunchly say it gets better though, so I guess you can be sure it does.

The CG's were nice, I appreciated them being of consistent quality with the sprites.

I have the same opinion as Chrono. The series are in essence very simple, or anime-like. The characters act and story develops like that in average anime. So the characters are hardly that deep. The setting and story is interesting at first, but it's only used in simple ways. The story does get better as the series progresses. But err, it's hardly muv luv extra and muv luv alt in difference. In a anime, simple characters and story that would be perfectly fine. But in a visual novel? I find it hard to praise that.

That aside though, I did find the vn enjoyable. Looking at it as a more simple vn with anime characters. It does have it's charms. It has high production values, easily readable, MOE and Mookooooo. Don't go expecting a magnum opus though.