A question about Rewrite strange ending

Ibuki

I played Rewrite for quite a while and I'm not sure what went wrong. I read everywhere that there's supposed to be the harvest festival, but at some point Kotarou says something like, "nobody's here, not Kotori, not Akane, not Lucia" etc. and then he says that the harvest festival is already over and then he hears a song and then it goes white and goes back to the main menu. Is this supposed to be some kind of an ending? 

I finished this for the 2nd time yesterday so I can say for a fact that it's a bad end. Or more of a "not enough affection points/flags triggered to continue" to be exact.

I treated Akanes route as the true route even though moon and terra come after. Those seemed more like fan disk content and didn't fit with the vibe of the other routes. All serious and no build up.

p.s Shizuru is my favorite heroine and chihaya's route was the most fun to read (Cliche ending though)

Well, isn't akane's route the only route that's unaffected by the events of moon and terra? It's in it's own dimension or whatever they called it same as that pocket dimension city. But now we don't know when the world went under in the other endings though. Might be 10 years after route ending, might be 100.