Koiken Otome: Recruitment and News

On the topic of the patcher

[12:47] <ACF> It's your love child, so you should get on the forums and post some stuff

Yeah, my christmas break love child.

Made some more changes - I had neglected to expand the .b aggregates.  But now that it's all well and done. I *think* I've finished the minimum necessary set of features for our patcher :D only convenience features are left

Test of the .b aggregate repacking:

60yyI.jpg

Also a test of patching UI raw text elements.

60xQx.jpg

Now... back to translating main route...

On the topic of the patcher

[12:47] <ACF> It's your love child, so you should get on the forums and post some stuff

Yeah, my christmas break love child.

Made some more changes - I had neglected to expand the .b aggregates.  But now that it's all well and done. I *think* I've finished the minimum necessary set of features for our patcher :D only convenience features are left

Test of the .b aggregate repacking:

60yyI.jpg

Also a test of patching UI raw text elements.

60xQx.jpg

Now... back to translating main route...

GOO NFINITE, lol first time i see you posting in a while, don't let people know you're actually alive or they will try to steal you:o XD, good job nfinite, looking good so far

main route task for you: tl 2000 main route lines in 1 day, kthx XD (just kidding:P)

--> News <--

- I will be updating the progress every 2-3 days. (MAX 3-4 days)

- We've added some UI teaser pictures on our homepage (http://www.flyingpantsu.net/koiken-otome), acf and nfinite were busy fidling with them, a great thanks to both of them.

- As you've maybe seen or not, but our Common Route translator is back and in full action again, so except to see more translated lines in the coming weeks.

- Yuzu and Yves are still steadily being tled, thanks to Rankendrake (Yuzu) and accorda (Yves), and ofcourse Joshyan for willing to suffer his manhood to translate the h-scenes of Yuzu and Yves XD. (Have fun Joshy:P)

- And last but not least, we have a NEW TRANSLATION CHECKER, well not new he's an old one who went mia, but he's back luckily and willing to help us out once again, so expect to see either akane or yuzu translation check results in the news upcoming weeks.

- WE STILL NEED MORE TRANSLATION CHECKERS!!! (Without it, you wont see any progress in Akane, Yves or Yuzu routes soon.

- We are now also recruiting Editors and Quality Checkers again, but this time only apply if you can stay in our project till the end or if you can finish the task you've been assigned to (example tl 1-5083 prologue)

->Weekly Status Report<-

Prologue Patch Status: Editing

- 2nd pass Translation Checked: 5083/5083 lines (100.00%)

-> 2nd Edit Pass: 1000/5083 (19.67%) <-
- 2nd QC Pass: 0/5083 (0%)

- Imported Lines: 0/5083 (0%)

>>Prologue Route<<

- Translated: 5083/5083 (100%)

- Translation Checked: 5083/5083 (100.00%)

-> Re-Edited: 1000/5083 (19.67%) <-

- Quality Checked: 0/5083 (0%)

>>Common Route<<

->Translated: 500/7171 (6.97%) <-

- Translation Checked: 0/7171 (0%)

- Edited: 0/7171 (0%)

- Quality Checked: 0/7171 (0%)

>Akane Route<

- Translated: 7602/7602 (100%)

-> Translation Checked: 0/7602 (0%) <-

- Edited: 0/7602 (0%)

- Quality Checked: 0/7600 (0%)

>Touko Route< - Completed

- Translated: 6471/6471 (100%)

- Translation Checked 6471/6471(100%)

- Edited: 6471/6471 (100%)

- Quality Checked: 6471/6471 (100.00%)

>Yuzu Route<

-> Translated: 2029/6727 (30.16%) <-

- Translation Checked: 0/6727 (0%)

- Edited: 0/6727 (0%)

- Quality Checked: 0/6727 (0%)

>Yves Route<

-> Translated: 5977/7287 (82.02%) <-

- Translation Checked: 0/7287 (0%)

- Edited: 0/7287 (0%)

- Quality Checked: 0/7287 (0%)

--> Translation Total: 27662/40340 (68.57%) <--

Translation Checked: 11554/40340 (28.64%)

Editing Total: 7471/40340 (18.52%)

Quality Checking Total: 6471/40340 (16.04%)

->Koiken Otome - Opening Video Status<-

>Translation (Subs + TS)<

Translated: 54/54 (100%)

Translation Checked: 54/54 (100%)

>Timing (Subs + TS)<

Raw Timing: 54/54 (100%)

-> Fine Timing: 37/41 (90.24%) <-

>Typesetting (TS)<

- On-Screen text-

Timed: 6/6 (100%)

Styled and Positioned: 6/6 (100%)

Typesetted: 6/6 (100%)

- Side Character names (Side CV's) -

Raw Timed: 13/13 (100%)

-> Fine Timed: 5/13 (38.46%) <-

Styled and Positioned: 5/13 (38.46%)

Typesetted: 5/13 (38.46%)

- Main Character names (Main CV's) -

-> Timed: 1/4 (25%) <- (Akane) <-

-> Styled and Positioned: 1/4 (25%) <- (Akane) <-

Typesetted: 0/4 (0%)

Akane, Touko, Yuzu, Yves Done: None

>Karaoke and KFX<

Karaoke timed lines: 54/54 (100%)

-> KFX Effects: 0/54 (0%) <-

>Quality Checking<

Quality Check test 1: No Data
Quality Check test 2: No Data
Quality Check test 3: No Data

>Released<

Yes / No

hmm, looks like this got marked as a bad/machine tl on vntls. not sure why

edit: *reads thread* owell tlc more and be cool people :P

If they think it was badly done, let them be.

Our project will speak for itself, no matter it is good or bad.

At least, we can enjoy it ourselves when the full patch is released.

hmm, looks like this got marked as a bad/machine tl on vntls. not sure why

edit: *reads thread* owell tlc more and be cool people :P

Our project is not machine Translated. That baseless and factless decision by VNTS is a disgrace to all the Translators who are putting their time into this project. I'm going to quote what Joshyan said to me a few pages back:

Kanji dictionary is out of question. They also count as machine TL, right? 

I have no idea if this counts as Machine TL, but I certainly wouldn't think so.

We've been marked as Machine TL? Wow, I'm impressed.

Somebody must be jealous of how fast we're working that the only way they can explain our sheer speed is that we're using Machine TL.

What a wonderful start to the new year. Means I'm so fast I can afford to slack off now.

This is what happens when your least adequate translator on the team is the loudest on the forums.  People can easily pick juicy quotes to justify their claims. (Not to say that the claims aren't entirely correct though.)

Unfortunately, now that some people are in the mindset that our entire project is machine translated, it'll be hard to convince them that most of it is *not* machine translated. It hurts the pride of the rest of the translators to know that some people think our actual translations are machine translated.

My word might mean nothing at all (because I'm including myself), but I'll vouch that the three other translators are good.

Dictionaries are not machine TL. Google Translate is machine TL. ATLAS is machine TL.
But, there is a distinction. If you're using only a dictionary, looking up words, and trying to fabricate the grammar yourself, that's easily just as bad or worse than an actual machine translator.

What actually kind of irks me off is the fact that the tag is Bad/Machine Translation.  Saying that it's bad before any public samples are out is pretty presumptuous.  Also, if they had the time to update the tag, at least update the staff too. It's super old. /rant

This is what happens when your least adequate translator on the team is the loudest on the forums.  People can easily pick juicy quotes to justify their claims. (Not to say that the claims aren't entirely correct though.)

Unfortunately, now that some people are in the mindset that our entire project is machine translated, it'll be hard to convince them that most of it is *not* machine translated. It hurts the pride of the rest of the translators to know that some people think our actual translations are machine translated.

My word might mean nothing at all (because I'm including myself), but I'll vouch that the three other translators are good.

Dictionaries are not machine TL. Google Translate is machine TL. ATLAS is machine TL.
But, there is a distinction. If you're using only a dictionary, looking up words, and trying to fabricate the grammar yourself, that's easily just as bad or worse than an actual machine translator.

What actually kind of irks me off is the fact that the tag is Bad/Machine Translation.  Saying that it's bad before any public samples are out is pretty presumptuous.  Also, if they had the time to update the tag, at least update the staff too. It's super old. /rant

I totally agree with you nfinite, and the staff is indeed crappy old, i pmed and mailed them over and over but i think their admin is stupid or something -,-

also, let's show the world with our prologue how quick and good we can be and not a crappy bad/machine tl project but a good team with excellent translators (including you nfinite)

Sorry T^T

We've been marked as Machine TL? Wow, I'm impressed.

Somebody must be jealous of how fast we're working that the only way they can explain our sheer speed is that we're using Machine TL.

What a wonderful start to the new year. Means I'm so fast I can afford to slack off now.

no slacking for you muahahha, yuzu route still needs more tled lines:D

--> News <--

- I will be updating the progress every 2-3 days. (MAX 3-4 days)

- We've added some UI teaser pictures on our homepage (http://www.flyingpan...et/koiken-otome), acf and nfinite were busy fidling with them, a great thanks to both of them.

- Our editor for Prologue is a bit busy so it takes a bit longer for him to update his status and edit, please bear with it.

- Yuzu is slowly progressing (rankendrake you lazy ass XD)

- Yves is completed (normal lines) by accorda05 and will now go tlc akane's route, only Joshyan is tling the h-scenes on Yves route now (Meh Josh)

- We are still recruiting Translator Checkers, Editors and Quality Checkers, to ensure our project is top notch quality and NOT BAD/MACHINE TL! (it never was machine tl in the first place or bad!)

- A little side note: HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! (Lets hope to roll this game out this year)

- Spoiler Alert: Koiken Revive (Fandisc) will "maybe" have 8 routes including the routes that there are now. (Thanks to Joshyan and Rankendrake for the info)

->Weekly Status Report<-

Prologue Patch Status: Editing

- 2nd pass Translation Checked: 5083/5083 lines (100.00%)

-> 2nd Edit Pass: 1134/5083 (22.30%) <-
- 2nd QC Pass: 0/5083 (0%)

- Imported Lines: 0/5083 (0%)

>>Prologue Route<<

- Translated: 5083/5083 (100%)

- Translation Checked: 5083/5083 (100.00%)

-> Re-Edited: 1134/5083 (22.30%) <-

- Quality Checked: 0/5083 (0%)

>>Common Route<<

->Translated: 500/7171 (6.97%) <-

- Translation Checked: 0/7171 (0%)

- Edited: 0/7171 (0%)

- Quality Checked: 0/7171 (0%)

>Akane Route<

- Translated: 7602/7602 (100%)

-> Translation Checked: 54/7602 (0.71%) <-

- Edited: 0/7602 (0%)

- Quality Checked: 0/7600 (0%)

>Touko Route< - Completed

- Translated: 6471/6471 (100%)

- Translation Checked 6471/6471(100%)

- Edited: 6471/6471 (100%)

- Quality Checked: 6471/6471 (100.00%)

>Yuzu Route<

-> Translated: 2189/6727 (32.54%) <-

- Translation Checked: 0/6727 (0%)

- Edited: 0/6727 (0%)

- Quality Checked: 0/6727 (0%)

>Yves Route<

-> Translated: 6476/7287 (88.87%) <-

- Translation Checked: 0/7287 (0%)

- Edited: 0/7287 (0%)

- Quality Checked: 0/7287 (0%)

--> Translation Total: 28321/40340 (70.25%) <--

Translation Checked: 11608/40340 (28.77%)

Editing Total: 7605/40340 (18.85%)

Quality Checking Total: 6471/40340 (16.04%)

->Koiken Otome - Opening Video Status<-

>Translation (Subs + TS)<

Translated: 54/54 (100%)

Translation Checked: 54/54 (100%)

>Timing (Subs + TS)<

Raw Timing: 54/54 (100%)

-> Fine Timing: 37/41 (90.24%) <-

>Typesetting (TS)<

- On-Screen text-

Timed: 6/6 (100%)

Styled and Positioned: 6/6 (100%)

Typesetted: 6/6 (100%)

- Side Character names (Side CV's) -

Raw Timed: 13/13 (100%)

-> Fine Timed: 5/13 (38.46%) <-

Styled and Positioned: 5/13 (38.46%)

Typesetted: 5/13 (38.46%)

- Main Character names (Main CV's) -

-> Timed: 1/4 (25%) <- (Akane) <-

-> Styled and Positioned: 1/4 (25%) <- (Akane) <-

Typesetted: 0/4 (0%)

Akane, Touko, Yuzu, Yves Done: None

>Karaoke and KFX<

Karaoke timed lines: 54/54 (100%)

-> KFX Effects: 0/54 (0%) <-

>Quality Checking<

Quality Check test 1: No Data
Quality Check test 2: No Data
Quality Check test 3: No Data

>Released<

Yes / No

@Defendos: we are still unclear of the current situation, please advise in email.

The old culture elitists are going to hate no matter what so it's best to ignore them. Fuwanovel exists for this reason, and we're going to grow bigger than they've ever imagined. Maybe even get to the point where we have our own VNDB.

tl;dr: fuck the haters.

About the fandisk: with Chiyoda and Minato routes confirmed, I can't ask for more. In terms of pure charage it'll definitely be better that the original, looking forward to it.

Ichikura Chiharu, Minato Shiho and Chiyoda Mari are confirmed new heroines.

And 1 mystery girl that also has high chance to be new heroine. (8th heroine)

c795169sample4.jpg

c795169charab8.jpg

Oh! about some heroine has her 3 sizes change

Minato Shiho : Height: 160cm, Weight: 40kg, Bust-Waist-Hips: 86(78)-55-78cm (not confirm but her art work look like she is about 78cm)

If you want to compared her bust size with another heroine, Akane is 87cm (The biggest), Touko is 79cm, Chiharu is 83cm, Yuzu is 85cm, Yves is 71cm (almost flat) and Mari is too loli to measure. :P

One of scenario writer is from fortissimo series (Same artist too), So you can expect some combat scene.

:P

Damn, you're right about Minato. How could they... +2 kilos of weight and +8 cm of tits is not something you can achieve by drinking milk every day I think. Bad news, that is.

But I also noticed that Mari is 5 kilos down (33 -> 28). I don't know what to expect anymore...

Btw action scenes in Fortissimo were horrible - so much infodumps, so boring and super-long. Hope this writer will change his style, or I'm gonna skip.