Koiken Otome: Recruitment and News

Technically he is in, but he's not allowed to do anything now >_>

Let go and replaced? Not sure if that;s the right words to put it that way,

Well, Defendos just gives me some assignment :D

He give me the part that that another translators aren't willingly to translate. :D

Expect some boost in TL progress in this 2 weeks (~3.5% of total progress)

PS: It seems defendos forgets his duty to keep the progress up-to-date. The current TL progress is 59.02% by the time of this post was posted.

ACF> ACF bans you to stop you from fucking up the rest of the sheet with your machine tl

That is what he said to me

A harsh way to put it but nonetheless true. You yourself said you use a Machine TL and I'm simply passing on what others have said since I can't judge your TL personally. The main problem is that you didn't tell us you use it, even if it's just to help you. You're lucky you have something to do.

Fuwa forums seriously need to start emailing me.

A harsh way to put it but nonetheless true. You yourself said you use a Machine TL and I'm simply passing on what others have said since I can't judge your TL personally. The main problem is that you didn't tell us you use it, even if it's just to help you. You're lucky you have something to do.

OK I got the massage, So online and machine Kanji dictionary is out of question.

They also count as machine TL, right?

Well, I can do it old style if you want.

OK I got the massage, So online and machine Kanji dictionary is out of question.

They also count as machine TL, right?

Well, I can do it old style if you want.

A while after you joined you posted that your translation was made up of Machine TL which isn't a dictionary. Nobody has any problems with you using a dictionary, that doesn't count as Machine TL.

Before too much drama erupts...

It is rather unfortunate that the "old culture" has basically adopted an anti-technology stance and drove those who use MT to be ostracised and marginalised; if he can be faster and/or more accurate with MT than without, it makes sense to. Of course a better human translator can be more accurate than MT, but otherwise you shouldn't let what the old culture thinks get in the way of how you can best translate with what you have.

Is notification not working? You may wish to report the issue here.

It is rather unfortunate that the "old culture" has basically adopted an anti-technology stance and drove those who use MT to be ostracised and marginalised; if he can be faster and/or more accurate with MT than without, it makes sense to. Of course a better human translator can be more accurate than MT, but otherwise you shouldn't let what the old culture thinks get in the way of how you can best translate with what you have.

Well, nicely said, although I wouldn't say I'm in the anti-technology group.

He kinda went a bit Kamikaze and focused on quantity over quality. He gave the TLCs a headache with those parts.

As long as we get the quality side out of him there won't be any issues.

As for my notifications, that would probably be a good idea.

He kinda went a bit Kamikaze and focused on quantity over quality. He gave the TLCs a headache with those parts.

I agree with you :D

Maybe I should spend some money on English course, It will be the quickest way to fix as some error is happened from when I translate from my language to English.

My grammar messes up a lot too. T^T

I agree with you :D

Maybe I should spend some money on English course, It will be the quickest way to fix as some error is happened from when I translate from my language to English.

My grammar messes up a lot too. T^T

No Joshyan, the one who is messed up is you:D

Hmm the only headache i get is from you acf when you annoy me once again:P

I don't think anyone here really has too much of a bias against using MT. Unfortunately, translations just don't turn out well when MT is all you have. I do think it's a good tool to use, but you can't rely on MT completely for translating such a context heavy language, unless you're saying it's perfectly okay to have someone copy and paste stuff from google translate into a project.

News:
- Joshyan is helping Rankendrake with tling Yuzu route, so expect a skyrocketing increase in progress on yuzu's route.

- Translation checking on Prologue has passed 50% and the overall Translation progress has almost reached 60%, ACF will be posting another new cool story on our website: Flyingpantsu.net when we reach it!

- The Translator for Yves route: Accorda, surely knows how to increase the translation progress, almost 50% tled already!

- I will be updating the progress once every 2-3 days (MAX 3 days), sorry for the delays, i'm just a bit lazy he he:P, but i do as i promised here.

- Koiken Otome Opening Status: the opening is rougly 80% done (typesetting+timing+karaoke), i hope to release it before the end of the year (maybe as x-mass presento:D)

Weekly Status report :

Prologue Patch Status:

1st pass tlc check 5083/5083 lines (100%)
2nd pass tlc check: 2600/5083 lines (51.15%)
QC Pass: 0/5083 (0%)

Prologue : 5083/5083 (100%)

Edited: 5083/5083 (100%)

Common : 372/7171 (5.18%)

Edited: 0/7171 (0%)

Akane : 7602/7602 (100%)

Edited: 0/7602 (0%)

Touko : 6471/6471 (100%)

Edited: 6469/6471 (99.96%)

Yuzu : 848/6727 (12.60%)

Edited 0/6727 (0%)

Yves : 3624/7287 (49.73%)

Edited 0/7287 (0%)

Translation Total : 24000/40340 (59.49%)

Editing Total: 11552/40340 (28.63%)

Understandable. Quality and quantity is always a tradeoff (even for human without MT). To take it to the quantity extreme, the whole VN could be done by MT in a few minutes... but then the accuracy would be very low. On the other hand it may take several years if you decided to go to the other extreme and have multiple checking, editing passes, long discussions on how to translate each line... on one hand you want to get this done and released, on the other hand you want a good translation. It is important to find a balance that meets your expectations and goals.

Unfortunately, translations just don't turn out well when MT is all you have. I do think it's a good tool to use, but you can't rely on MT completely for translating such a context heavy language, unless you're saying it's perfectly okay to have someone copy and paste stuff from google translate into a project.

Definitely you should have a familiarity with the language first, but if MT outputs the translation you would have written manually anyway, or something very close, then just copying it and possibly making the changes you need is not really decreasing the accuracy, just improving speed. If it misparses and outputs something completely incorrect or not the translation you want, then don't use it and write your own.

@defendos: Tell us when you need a patch done, it seems you're getting close.

News:
- Translation Total progress has skyrocketed to 60%!!! cheeeers all!

- Who have put 60% on the upcoming page on fuwanovel? THAT'S MY TASK!! (Stop stealing from me)

- Accorda went kamizake again with a couple of hundred lines more on Yves route:D

- I will be updating the progress once every 2-3 days (MAX 3 days), sorry for the delays, i'm just a bit lazy he he:P, but i do as i promised here.

Koiken Otome Opening Status: the opening is rougly 85% done (typesetting+timing+karaoke), i hope to release it before the end of the year (maybe as Christmass presento?:D)

Weekly Status report :

Prologue Patch Status:

Edited: 6471/6471 (100%)

Yuzu : 957/6727 (14.22%)

Edited 0/6727 (0%)

Yves : 3756/7287 (51.54%)

Edited 0/7287 (0%)

Translation Total : 24241/40340 (60.09%)

Editing Total: 11554/40340 (28.64%)

News:
- Translation Total progress has skyrocketed to 60%!!! cheeeers all!

- Yuzu route passed 1000+ lines tled, congratz!

Koiken Otome Opening Status: the opening is rougly 85% done (typesetting+timing+karaoke), i hope to release it before the end of the year (maybe as Christmass presento? :D)

Weekly Status report :

Prologue Patch Status:

Edited: 6471/6471 (100%)

Yuzu : 1020/6727 (15.16%)

Edited 0/6727 (0%)

Yves : 3756/7287 (51.54%)

Edited 0/7287 (0%)

Translation Total : 24304/40340 (60.24%)

Editing Total: 11554/40340 (28.64%)