Koiken Otome: Recruitment and News

If you still want to see and follow our progress please go to our homepage: http://flyingpantsu.net/koiken-otome since i won't be updating this post again and again

Hello fellow fansubbers and readers,

I am defendos and i have established a small team to translate a futuristic/sci-fi h-game visual novel.

The name of the visual novel is:

Koiken Otome (A game by Eufonie):

14376.jpg

Vndb link: http://vndb.org/v10608

The translation is already underway as an side project (until my second translator gets free time which will be at summer),

but we still need more translators (to get this project as an main project already before summer), for every assignment there are some men already but you are always allowed to help us out more with for example hacking or image editing,.

well the team list is as following: for now we got only 1 translator and 1 translator checker(who is tl'ing a bit now until my other tl gets back), 3 editors, 1 image editor, 2 hackers, 2 testers, 2 quality checkers, 1 project leader (me:p).

if you're interested don't hesitate to mail me: [email protected] or contact me in irc, my nickname is: defendos (don't worry i'm always on irc).

So if someone is interested i'd love to meet you and add you in our team (we never got enough men, the more the faster it will be tled/edited, etc.).

Why koiken otome you ask? well looks more detailed/futuristic than most games, its effects and menu's are also quite detailed, its HD 720p (Screen size & effects in windows mode), its also full voiced (every character even side characters) and its quite recent too (end 2012 begin 2013 released)

some screenshots about the game design:

Main Menu:

p886.jpg

Config Menu:

KoiOto_Settings_1.png?resize=620%2C363

Actual game scene:

KoiOto_Text_Test.png?resize=620%2C363

Regards,

Defendos.

Edited by defendos
Status updated!

Very nice project, can't wait for it, the art is gorgeous and the interface quality is very nice

So you do have scrips extracted since you started TL and only need insertion or do you need help with the extraction and the TL you made so far is only in external text document?

I can try the extraction if you need, shouldn't be that hard but I'd have to download the game first.

archive is in pack, image is in bmp and jpg

use jk5cv(westside)

or exfp3(asmodean)

Very nice project, can't wait for it, the art is gorgeous and the interface quality is very nice

So you do have scrips extracted since you started TL and only need insertion or do you need help with the extraction and the TL you made so far is only in external text document?

I can try the extraction if you need, shouldn't be that hard but I'd have to download the game first.

archive is in pack, image is in bmp and jpg

use jk5cv(westside)

or exfp3(asmodean)

Thank you for your reply,

no we haven't done extraction, that's what we are looking for someone who can extract the game data for us and help pack it up when the translation is done.

translation is now done with a notepad, but we cant apply those in the game itself because we don't know how to extract the game files.

thank you for the programs, but are you willing to help us with this project also?

also, can you make patch files? like when some routes are done we are planning to release partial patches if everything goes according to plan;p

p.s. i tried: jk5cv, and its an good program for extraction but i don't know if i'm doing it correctly lol

regards,

defendos.

I can help with it if you can wait with tools till mid/late june.

Thank you for your reply,

can you also make patch files and extract the files which we are going to translate?

we want to release every so often partial patches that's why i'm asking if you can do that also.

Regards,

Defendos.

can you also make patch files and extract the files which we are going to translate?

Yes, I will make full set of tools and assist with tools usage. But you will have to wait till I finish my current projects, and there is quite a big pile already, lol (expected date is mid/late june, as I said). So probably you should look around for people who are available immediately.

also, can you make patch files? like when some routes are done we are planning to release partial patches if everything goes according to plan;p

p.s. i tried: jk5cv, and its an good program for extraction but i don't know if i'm doing it correctly lol

Hi, nope, can't do patch, I'm just a noobie in this. And TBH I have only been extracting xp3 games so far so I have no experience with this engine either xD

Well I will download the game so I can at least try, learning to extract it will be useful in the future anyway xD

But for the whole project including patching etc, I would recommend someone like RusAnon as he can offer the whole service :)

I need to train on my personal projects first. [but one day I will hopefully become a good full hacker xD]

Yes, I will make full set of tools and assist with tools usage. But you will have to wait till I finish my current projects, and there is quite a big pile already, lol (expected date is mid/late june, as I said). So probably you should look around for people who are available immediately.

it doesn't matter for the patching part that can be when you are available, In the meantime, me and Steve can try to crack it open so we can already change the kanji to my groups tl, hopefully it will work out, if not then we just continue translating by writting the lines in a notepad(synced with our cloud). can you mail me at: [email protected] when you are available again? thank you very much.

Hi, nope, can't do patch, I'm just a noobie in this. And TBH I have only been extracting xp3 games so far so I have no experience with this engine either xD

Well I will download the game so I can at least try, learning to extract it will be useful in the future anyway xD

But for the whole project including patching etc, I would recommend someone like RusAnon as he can offer the whole service :)/>

I need to train on my personal projects first. [but one day I will hopefully become a good full hacker xD]

no problem at all, but it would be a great help if you can help me researching how to crack this game open for translation ofc, it would get you more experienced too, and us satisfied for now:P

hope you are willing to help us a bit by trying things also:P, if not then we just continue using our notepad/cloud method until RusAnon is available again.

no problem at all, but it would be a great help if you can help me researching how to crack this game open for translation ofc, it would get you more experienced too, and us satisfied for now:P

hope you are willing to help us a bit by trying things also:P, if not then we just continue using our notepad/cloud method until RusAnon is available again.

Ok, the game is now finally downloaded (had really slow torrent), ill look at it in few hours :)

ok, ive been playing with it for few hours but I have no idea where are the scripts ohmy.gif I extracted the CGs and sounds and all that but I can't find the scripts. And the folders are all in Japanese so its even harder xD

And i have never seen a VN like this too, the settings with all the options for direct etc ohmy.gif

So sorry, you'll have to find someone else, this is too much for me xD

I cant even find any forum posts regarding this in English (from other people trying to extract similar games) and can't read Japanese sad.gif

(or if anyone knows anything about these .pack files, got all the folders extracted so maybe at least in what pack the scripts are (0 to 7) would help too xD Maybe I just overlooked them somewhere.

(It is QLiE engine with .pack archives)

Send the main executable and a small sample datafile our way... we might've seen this one before.

Can't guarantee anything but we can take a look.

Ask about our other services too.

https://docs.google....jhtVXRUMmM/edit

I believe the data6.pack should have the scripts (included small data 5 too), the remaining (not included) ones are menu graphics 70MB and the rest is 500MB+ which has all the music and cgs etc so unless it is mixed there somewhere, it should be in the data6.

But I wasn't able to extract anything from there sad.gif

EDIT: yeah the data6 has the scenarios, I was able to extract something but it only has location and then the file is empty, ill try something else

so this is the best I could get, not sure what im doing wrong, it all looks like this.

but it is in correct folders for each of the heroines so im on the right track xD

https://docs.google....kpldzluaGc/edit

I believe the data6.pack should have the scripts (included small data 5 too), the remaining (not included) ones are menu graphics 70MB and the rest is 500MB+ which has all the music and cgs etc so unless it is mixed there somewhere, it should be in the data6.

EDIT: yeah the data6 has the scenarios, I was able to extract something but it only has location and then the file is empty, ill try something else

so this is the best I could get, not sure what im doing wrong, it all looks like this.

but it is in correct folders for each of the heroines so im on the right track xD

no need to research it anymore, i found already the dialogs packs, there are 14 packs of dialogs with each around 7000+ lines so we are started already.

still thank you for your help. (p.s. the files were located in: data6/scenario/個別イヴ/d001.s, d002.s etc.:P

Yay the scripts are finally out for it, now I can't wait for this project!

yup i managed to extract it myself with some help around, now our project has finally started. we keep you guys updated in this thread about the status and the patch releases.

hey i just blogged it.

http://visualnovelaer.fuwanovel.net/2013/05/koiken-otome-new-fan-translation-project-need-hackers/

wondering do u need translators and editors as well?

wonderfull, thank you very much

well translators are always welcome (the more we got the faster its being translated), and editors yes we need them urgently too, we don't got any editors atm free, also i managed to crack open the game and got the 4 routes and the common route dialogs out of it, so the project is started, i still need an hacker to look how the script order work and to make patch files etc

no need to research it anymore, i found already the dialogs packs, there are 14 packs of dialogs with each around 7000+ lines so we are started already.

still thank you for your help. (p.s. the files were located in: data6/scenario/個別イヴ/d001.s, d002.s etc.tongue.gif

What tool did you use for it? I found the files as well but wasn't able to extract them :o I tried westside, crass, and extractdata

Provide key.fkey in DLL subdirectory and we can produce a patch.

Provide key.fkey in DLL subdirectory and we can produce a patch.

here is the file

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BylWuAJokVXMb2lwRlZibmVzbkU/edit

And I'll leave the rest to the group.

(and go cry to corner with my poor skills only good for xp3 packages :(

for these weird engines I guess the best way is to go and ask around how to do it, instead of trying to google how to do it and trying to translate Japanese walls of texts xD)

so hope to see the release one day, gl :)

here is the file

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BylWuAJokVXMb2lwRlZibmVzbkU/edit

And I'll leave the rest to the group.

(and go cry to corner with my poor skills only good for xp3 packages :(/>

for these weird engines I guess the best way is to go and ask around how to do it, instead of trying to google how to do it and trying to translate Japanese walls of texts xD)

so hope to see the release one day, gl :)/>

hey man, i used jk5cv to extract them the program is japanese but that wasn't an issue for us lol so we added the fkey and the .exe and it extracted perfectly:P

about the line sizes, they aren't 7000+ per pack, but there are 14 packs with only 300 lines (the prologue is this)

also just to let you know we are trying to release an patch with the prologue to see what we can do within 1-2weeks, i post here an message when the patch is out:P