Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen coming to PC

TexasDice

https://twitter.com/DragonsDogma/status/641266456131317760

f6099714755213815c1f9d7a3f82b9b0.png?v=2

Well met, Arisens! Here, have some awesome news:

As of January 2016, the epic fantasy action-RPG Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will be available on Windows PC for $29.99 / € 29.99 / £ 23.99, with full Steam platform support. Huzzah!

In case you missed it on console, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen is an awesome, inspired, sprawling fantasy game set in an open world, where players create their own unique character and supporting, AI-controlled characters known as Pawns, which can be “rented” and shared online by other players. Battle giant mythical beasts, master a variety of distinct vocations, and explore atmospheric dungeons to uncover endless items and loot. 

The PC version will feature stunningly high-res graphics and improved fidelity, as well as support for both the Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers, as well as a traditional keyboard and mouse control scheme.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Just in case anyone here has missed out on Dragon's Dogma: It's fucking great. Dragon's Dogma is a weird hybrid between Skyrim, Dark Souls and Monster Hunter, with a touch of Shadow of the Colossus. It was without a doubt my Game of the Year 2012 and the Addon Dark Arisen fixed a ton of issues I had in terms of balance and content.

The NPC animations and dialogues weren't best though and I really hope capcom gives us the eternal ferrystone. Otherwise, you'll have to pay ingame currency to fast travel.

Dragon's Dogma: DA was a pretty enjoyable game so here's hoping they do a proper PC release so it will get the attention it deserves. Also here's hoping for no micro-transactions and some actual new content. If you're going to do a port you need something more than just higher graphics to sell me on it.

I have this on my xbox360 but I hate using it so I never played it, this is a good chance to try it out now, also the first time I played it the low res textures were off putting it was really bad (I think I was playing dark souls at that time) I hope this time the game improves a little bit in that department, I remember the shadows and lights being good tho.

Fast travel was no big deal in Dark Arisen, if your account had a save file from the original Dragon's Dogma registered. Because if you had one, you got the eternal ferrystone, which works like regular ferrystones, but isn't used up after using it.

Combine that with the four port crystals Dark Arisen added to the Everfall, Hillfigure Knoll, the Shadow Fort and the Witchwood and you could travel wherever you want to after discovering it once.

Added hilarity for New Game +, in which you can straight up buy Port Crystals and put them anywhere you want.

• 4 months later...