What manga are you currently reading?

Snowtsuku

Reading vol. 7, 8 of Aria in, um, Quenya.

Taking my time buying and reading these, I don't necessarily want to run it out to soon.

It's the sort of manga that lends itself to collecting, what with the elaborate covers and all.

The version they sell in the U.S. is not as nice...

After reading this weeks chapter of Magi yesterday morning, one of the recommended manga on the side caught my attention... Reimei no Arcana. Honestly, I really liked the name so I gave it a shot.

...Ended up marathoning through the whole thing. I thought it was really interesting if you're into the whole medieval political romance thing like myself (Game of Thrones from what I hear). Though there were some things I didn't like... good series overall. 53 chapters of about 50 pages each, took about seven hours to read.

Oh also, I probably don't need to mention this, but as with most romance, this is a shoujo... so if you don't like the story being mainly told for chicks from the perspective of a chick... might not wanna read this.

Reading vol. 7, 8 of Aria in, um, Quenya.

Taking my time buying and reading these, I don't necessarily want to run it out to soon.

It's the sort of manga that lends itself to collecting, what with the elaborate covers and all.

The version they sell in the U.S. is not as nice...

Not as nice in the U.S.? How so? I would've assumed that manga, aside from the quality of translation, would be the same wherever you buy it.

Some editors choose to publish in a different format.  I have a few french editions that are not of the same size as their english counterparts for example or have different covers or even reversed pages.(though the last one doesn't really happen anymore AFAIK)

Some editors choose to publish in a different format.  I have a few french editions that are not of the same size as their english counterparts for example or have different covers or even reversed pages.(though the last one doesn't really happen anymore AFAIK)

Just as you said.  In the case of Aria, the U.S. cover jackets are made of a flimsier material and the picture, although the same, is sized differently.  But at least the edition I saw had a jacket.  Many U.S. manga don't even have an outer cover at all.

And what's funny is, the price of Japanese manga is <= the price of American manga.  U.S. anime DVDs and games are cheaper than Japan's, but manga books are not.

I need some manga recommendations. I'm rather new when it comes to manga and don't try to venture myself much since I'm not sure what i like.

But I'd like to read some romcom manga because they seem to entertain me mildly when I'm bored.

The only criteria I have is that it must be finished publishing and it must have a conclusive ending (no ends where the protagonist doesn't pick anyone). 

Hope someone has some nice recommendations~

The Breaker: New Waves 163

Nosebleed, maybe a Pretty Face would be good. It's Gender Bender though....

It was around 5 years ago so i can't remember ending but i liked it.

currently reading : Brynhildr in the darkness, To love-ru darkness, Pandora hearts, Id (it's a manahwa), Kanajo ga flag, Strawberry panic and I thinks it's all ^_^

I need some manga recommendations. I'm rather new when it comes to manga and don't try to venture myself much since I'm not sure what i like.

But I'd like to read some romcom manga because they seem to entertain me mildly when I'm bored.

The only criteria I have is that it must be finished publishing and it must have a conclusive ending (no ends where the protagonist doesn't pick anyone). 

Hope someone has some nice recommendations~

The world god only knows? ;p

Girlfriend (yuri  :wub: )

Nozoki Ana (really borderline with h and not really comedy but I read all in 2~3 shots)

if you want other recommendations ask me and I'll try to rememember some names ;)

Currently reading: 

1: Ar no Surge - Umareizuru Hoshu e Inoru Uta

2: Billionaire girl

3: Black Bullet

4: Mahouka Kouko no Yuutosei

5: Maou na Ore to Fushihime no Yubiwa

6: Okobore Hime to Entaku no Kishi

7: Ookami-heika no Hanayome

8: Otogi Taisen Fantasma

9: Sidonia no Kishi

And as for 18+ : 

1: Colorful harvest

2: Velvet Kiss

As a change of pace from all the seinen I've been reading lately, I picked up the first volume of The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat.  I had already seen the anime, but it's still somehow even funnier than I was expecting.

I also finaly started Soil, the only of Atsushi Kaneko's french published works I hadn't read yet.  Looking good so far, the art style is very original like always, the main characters seem pretty cool, and the mystery itself looks very interesting as well.  Already had a couple of "wtf?" moments.  I particularly like Onoda, the dorky female cop.

Guest sakanaとkoeda

[ Shokugeki no Soma, Dragons Rioting, and Girl the Wild's ] -> not actively, since it's easy to power through them in one sitting

• 2 weeks later...

I finished reading Soil, by Atsushi Kaneko.  Overall I really enjoyed it, confirming Kaneko as one of my current favorite mangakas, though the ending left me somewhat confused, I will have to read it again later.  It only got weirder as it progressed, as if we were truly stepping into another dimension.  It had a quirky cast of characters that helped keep things interesting as well.

I also started Solanin by Inio Asano.  It looks like a really good slice of life so far, a bit less depressing than Oyasumi Punpun and Nijigahara Holograph.  I also really like the art. (I think Punpun might be the only manga to ever have made me shed a tear.)

I'm also reading K-On College, which is an amusing 4-koma, as well as Palepoli by Usamaru Furuya, which is also 4-koma but more on the fucked up artsy side(and it's brilliant!), started Nozokiana and also have K-On High School and Taiyou Matsumoto's Sunny to read later.

Caught up wth Akame ga Kill, too impatient to wait for the anime.

It's awesome to read, Mein best girl <3

Also started reading GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka) from where the anime left off because I wanted a better ending and it seems like that's what I'm getting. This series is always amusing.