Fate/Grand Order

hsmsful

Kind of want an AoE Rider so I tried rolling for Da Vinci. 22 tickets and 30 SQ later, I decided it was probably best to just roll on the summer banner lol

The extra roll which comes after 10 rolls may seem nice and all, but we all know what that extra roll will likely be :makina:

Spoiler

292?cb=20160729080251

Edited by wei123

Summer Part 1 banner in FGO NA has been nice to me.

Spoiler

Spooked by my second Orion and Nightingale in the first 127 rolls, then blessed by Nero Caster on my last 10 roll. Praise Rome.

For the event, pretty fun. I find myself growing to like Helena more in every damn scene she appears in. It's so dangerous when they feature characters in events because it's hard to not end up liking them by the end, especially if they're part of your party for the duration of the story. Agh.

Thank god for all-Berserker enemy nodes. Easiest to farm.

... do any of you ever get the feeling of 'Ugh, not another gold *insert class you have an excess of already leveled and having set niches in your parties*'?  I dropped a single summon ticket on the Altria Rider banner and I see the multi-colored lights and go 'whoo-hoo, yay!  It's a good one...!' and the next thing I know I'm treated to an unrelated Servant... to be specific, Drake. 

Now, I know Drake is an awesome farming Rider... but I already have multiple farming Riders... *looks sad*.  I don't need any more farming Servants in general...

Edit:  I wanted my hot Altria Alter... evil Altria is so hot in all her forms...  something about something brilliant and beautiful being corrupted but still somehow pure in its own way... *drools*

5 hours ago, Clephas said:

... do any of you ever get the feeling of 'Ugh, not another gold *insert class you have an excess of already leveled and having set niches in your parties*'?  I dropped a single summon ticket on the Altria Rider banner and I see the multi-colored lights and go 'whoo-hoo, yay!  It's a good one...!' and the next thing I know I'm treated to an unrelated Servant... to be specific, Drake. 

Now, I know Drake is an awesome farming Rider... but I already have multiple farming Riders... *looks sad*.  I don't need any more farming Servants in general...

Edit:  I wanted my hot Altria Alter... evil Altria is so hot in all her forms...  something about something brilliant and beautiful being corrupted but still somehow pure in its own way... *drools*

I can totally relate. More on the 'unrelated to the banner' part though! It's annoying to have more spooks than featured ones!

9 hours ago, MoeKyun said:

About that, flutz. Why you're not rolling in the Knight classes, ruler etc banner? Abby's in there.

Don't wanna lvl up her NP? :rimu:

I already have her at NP2, and anything past NP2 is a marginal increase. Upgrading from NP1 to NP2 improves NPs by the same amount as upgrading from NP2 to NP5. Also the odds of getting exactly her are pretty low and I didn't really want anyone else in the knights gacha, meanwhile there were several servants I wanted in cavalry, namely Waver, Skadi, Arjuna Alter, and Illya. It's just simple maths. :makina:

I have a plethora of AOE Servants in all classes... I'm looking at the free four-star Servant in September and wondering which one I should get...  I'm currently wavering between Saberlot, Emiya Alter, and Tristan... I find that I already have all the other four-stars that serve a useful function that isn't already filled by someone else more powerful.  Any advice on which I should go for?  (I have Nerobride and FranSaber for ST Sabers, which is why I didn't automatically pick Saberlot, and I have no SR or SSR ST Archers, which is the primary reason why I'm considering the other two). 

On another note... grailing.  I find I never consider using grails for practical reasons.  Instead, I inevitably use grails on Servants I love but have mediocre utility... anyone else experience this kind of behavior from yourself?

51 minutes ago, Clephas said:

I have a plethora of AOE Servants in all classes... I'm looking at the free four-star Servant in September and wondering which one I should get...  I'm currently wavering between Saberlot, Emiya Alter, and Tristan... I find that I already have all the other four-stars that serve a useful function that isn't already filled by someone else more powerful.  Any advice on which I should go for?  (I have Nerobride and FranSaber for ST Sabers, which is why I didn't automatically pick Saberlot, and I have no SR or SSR ST Archers, which is the primary reason why I'm considering the other two).

If you ask me, Saberlot is just a SSR in disguise. He's a self-sufficient Saber who can crit enemies to oblivion without external support and is better than Fran Saber imo. Pair him up with a Waver or Merlin, and watch those crits reach crazy numbers. If you are going for a ST archer, it's probably better to go for Tristan. Emiya Alter is really just a less impressive version of Kuro, and you'll be able to get her next year.

Edited by wei123

1 hour ago, Clephas said:

On another note... grailing.  I find I never consider using grails for practical reasons.  Instead, I inevitably use grails on Servants I love but have mediocre utility... anyone else experience this kind of behavior from yourself?

Don't have Emiya Alter and never used Tristan, but Saberlot is an absolute crit beast and widely considered the best 4* Saber, if not the best 4* in general.

As for grails, there's not much point in grailing for pure practicality. The benefits are generally very minor. It only makes sense to grail if you're going to be using that servant an absolute fuckton and you really want every bit of bonus damage on them, or if you just really like them. Sometimes you get lucky and you get both. That said there was 1 case where I grailed for practicality first and liking a servant second, it was Summer Mordred to 90. Not that I don't like her, but that alone wouldn't have gotten me to grail her as I'm very stingy. But it just so happened that with the setup I had with her for farming QP doors, sometimes she'd roll low damage and not get enough overkill hits to fully recharge her NP, and when I grailed her to 90 she had enough damage to ensure that she'd go back up to 100%, 100% of the time. Aside from her, I have Kiyolancer and Tamacat at 90, and Illya, Sitonai, and Abigail at 100 and 2000/2000, all primarily grailed for waifu reasons. Illya isn't very good outside of bursting down big assassins with a Merlin or two, Sitonai is pretty good in the usual situations where an Alter-Ego is good, and Abigail is far and away my most used servant because almost nothing counters her and she brings utility and damage to just about any team.

Edited by Flutterz

7 hours ago, Clephas said:

Incidentally, is Tomoe Gozen a decent ST Archer?  I figured since I decided on Saberlot for the free SR, I might roll for her when Shimosa gets released...

She's cute but in terms of gameplay she's pretty standard, nothing to write home about. She is buster though, so you can use her for Merlin shenanigans. I prefer Fujinon but I don't know when you guys will be getting the KnK rerun.