VN Reading Club - November (Ayakashibito)

Kaguya

I really loved the whole dark and mysterious atmosphere at first, and despite it quickly changing to the classic high school student life, it was really enjoyable to see Soushichi fulfilling his dream. Kuki is a god-tier badass, I knew it from the first scene he appeared and from his first line as well, such a perfect voice. I guess people ain't really that far into the game, so I'll stop here for now.

Well, when this happened (which might be what Zaka was being ultra-cryptic about above):

TtjxGvD.jpg

I was like:

Qm7TuNe.jpg

...And yeah, that first "H-scene"... well overall my first impressions were not super good I have to say, as I've mentioned I wasn't exactly in the mood for chuuni stuff so some things got on my nerves.

But I'm starting to like it. I got the background explanations and the first fights and that was pretty cool so I'm on a positive note for the moment.

I hate Fujiwara, but it's a love to hate her kind of thing. Overall I'm quite happy about our choice of VN (I'm actually glad that my first choice wasn't picked).

...Who the heck's Fujiwara?

Anyway, been advancing in the story...

I used up my whole day reading it, and I'm very happy with what I've been reading.

Also, entered the Tonya route.

The utter lack of H-scenes is somewhat frustrating, at the same time relieving. It means that there's more going for the novel than the H-scenes. Still, after 12 hours of reading, and after a 

very close encounter with Tonya-chan's secret garden, it's still surprising that I haven't seen any H-scenes, especially Ichina's. Though it's quite understandable, given where the story went.

I was promised a threesome if I chose Suzu in all the options after she stayed in my house. WHERE'S THE THREESOME?

That is indeed unimportant, but the man in me craves for it.

...Who the heck's Fujiwara?

Anyway, been advancing in the story...

I used up my whole day reading it, and I'm very happy with what I've been reading.

Also, entered the Tonya route.

The utter lack of H-scenes is somewhat frustrating, at the same time relieving. It means that there's more going for the novel than the H-scenes. Still, after 12 hours of reading, and after a 

very close encounter with Tonya-chan's secret garden, it's still surprising that I haven't seen any H-scenes, especially Ichina's. Though it's quite understandable, given where the story went.

I was promised a threesome if I chose Suzu in all the options after she stayed in my house. WHERE'S THE THREESOME?

That is indeed unimportant, but the man in me craves for it.

Hahaha "I was promised" part's hilarious :D, Fujiwara is a route-specific character. I'm guessing, Ichina's scenes are probably in Kaoru's route or Suzu's route. 

Well,I have start play this novel some days ago and I need to do now only the last route.

Until now I can say that this novel have very cool characters (like Kuki BADASS Sensei)  and very epic fight scenes! Also I like that the routes are so different between each others

The only thing that I don't really like during the reading was some very weird H-scenes (probably the creators of the novel have some twisted fetish!XD)

PS:Until now my route  ranking: Tonya (All hail Russian girls!XD)>Touko>Kaoru

For those of you interested, Hounan's route in the console version goes like this (very rough draft) : 

It (unsurprisingly) split off Touko's route. Hounan thinks Soushichi is interesting and decides to let his personality there for more time. Because of that, Soushichi's personality ends up affecting her too and Ayakashi ends up much less dangerous than in Touko's route... There's some falling in love, but she can't quite stop their fusion. There are two endings, one in which Hounan sacrifices herself to save him and other where you merge and become Ayakashi after all.

Suzu's route is definitely the best. Tonya's is the second, followed by Touko and Kaoru. Kaoru's route kinda sucks...

But I loved the way Suzu acted in her route. In fact, Kaoru's route Suzu enters my top heroines of all time.

I really dislike Kaoru, so it's not too surprising. 

Thanks for the Hounan route summary, but whaaat?! You didn't enjoy the Katou Koutarou route (note: for those still reading, yes this is a joke)?! How can you hate 

him punching a car in half?! ....That was my favourite scene in the entirety of what I read...

Thanks for the Hounan route summary, but whaaat?! You didn't enjoy the Katou Koutarou route (note: for those still reading, yes this is a joke)?! How can you hate 

him punching a car in half?! ....That was my favourite scene in the entirety of what I read...

Oh, no. It was pretty cool. He's amazing... It's still great, but I thought it was worse than the other routes of the game. 

Oh, no. It was pretty cool. He's amazing... It's still great, but I thought it was worse than the other routes of the game. 

Good, good. I felt like some parts of that route were ridiculous, yes, like 

the two sex scenes in the middle of the enemy's headquarters while Koutarou's risking his life... and Kaoru's past was so obvious I was gonna give points if they didn't include gang rape...

, and I kinda felt like Kaoru became boring? For a few reasons I can't remember cause I read this months ago...  Also less Shuugen than I'd like. D: It was so great for action, though... I liked the fact that it was action-heavy and didn't get weighed down by a whole bunch of slice-of-life stuff like I felt the other routes did...

Idk, I personally rate the routes Suzu>Kaoru>Touko>Tonya. A lot of the fighting in Tonya's route, and especially the climactic scene, felt kinda... weak, comparatively. I mean, not bad. Just not weee awesome. Touko is... better, and Kaoru is the clear winner of non-suzu for me due to how the action played out. Meh, it's been a while.

I don't think anyone will rank Suzu anywhere but first. Personally, I'll go with Suzu > Tonya > Kaoru = Touko.

I can't help but love Tonya's route, I really loved it despite for some things like Soushichi beating Kuki and Sasha recovering her conscience right in that moment. Karito having some more value was a big plus for me, as I really liked the character. Also, Vladimir... I just... ;------------;

Shuugen was the one who made Touko's route good, the same thing happens in Kaoru's route where Kotarou was the true star of the show. Action on Kaoru's route was overall kinda better than the rest, although I think Sasha vs Tonya is a strong competitor to my top 3 fights in Ayakashibito.