Summer 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Taroumaru is still alive and well (I don't think Mii-kun is acting) and Kurumi is still talking normally with Megu-nee without any lead line from Yuki, so I don't think that she is dead either. I guess they changed the whole thing to make all characters appear from the start, then kill them slowly later on

<_<

If this is not the case, then that's mean they blatantly skipped 22 first chapters in the manga <_<

Ugh... I'm up with original story if they can pull it off but now I'm worried....

Megu-nee is supposed to be dead when Mii-kun joins, honestly I just hoped the Megu-nee is an illusion and they can put flashbacks on later episodes explaining Megu-nee's death and Mii-kun's rescue. But then I want to know who's grave is it in the garden if this is an original route with Megu-nee still alive?

Ugh... I'm up with original story if they can pull it off but now I'm worried....

Megu-nee is supposed to be dead when Mii-kun joins, honestly I just hoped the Megu-nee is an illusion and they can put flashbacks on later episodes explaining Megu-nee's death and Mii-kun's rescue. But then I want to know who's grave is it in the garden if this is an original route with Megu-nee still alive?

I actually seriously hope that they didn't do that. Skipping the whole Megu-nee's arc is a little bit...That said, Kurumi doesn't seem to be injured also.

Didn't Mii-kun play along in this episode? Pretty sure Megu is dead and Mii-kun is just going along with Yuki for now. When they were chasing the dog she kept showing this frown face more and more.

They really mixed in a lot of chapters in this first episode but I think they're still in line with the original setting on who's dead and whatnot.

At least i hope so, Megu's chapter is really sad, i don't want them to skip over such an important plot element.

Didn't Mii-kun play along in this episode? Pretty sure Megu is dead and Mii-kun is just going along with Yuki for now. When they were chasing the dog she kept showing this frown face more and more.

They really mixed in a lot of chapters in this first episode but I think they're still in line with the original setting and who's dead and whatnot.

Now I watched it again, I thought that Kurumi talked with Megu-nee around 17:20, but it doesn't seem like the case. Guess she is really dead after all (and they really skipped the whole thing, damn, that was like the best arc).

That bring up another question: is that dog dead or not? Shouldn't it already be turned?

Now I watched it again, I thought that Kurumi talked with Megu-nee around 17:20, but it doesn't seem like the case. Guess she is really dead after all (and they really skipped the whole thing, damn, that was like the best arc).

That bring up another question: is that dog dead or not? Shouldn't it already be turned?

It's possible the dog might be an illusion or that it'll turn into a zombie later.

The dog wasn't THAT important of a character so I don't think there'll be a big problem whichever way they decide to go.

I'm really curious to see if the anime will go for a more horror atmosphere of it'll try to keep the SoL appearance more.

Wakaba Girl really brings back the Kiniro Mosaic feel, I'm so glad this aired right after season 2 ended, this author just knows how to do friendship.

It needed to be a full length show though.

Tfw Miss Monochrome turns into Initial D. 11/10

But hey at least she got a promoter so that's nice!

Someone kill Mana-chan this season.

They really mixed in a lot of chapters in this first episode but I think they're still in line with the original setting on who's dead and whatnot.

At least i hope so, Megu's chapter is really sad, i don't want them to skip over such an important plot element.

I really didn't like the fact that they put Mii-kun already there. This just messes things up. Why didn't they just show her when she was supposed to be shown?

I'm fine with the dog, though. And I liked the way they did the first ep, it was even better how it was presented on the manga.

I'm really curious to see if the anime will go for a more horror atmosphere of it'll try to keep the SoL appearance more.

Huh?

There would be no sense in keeping the SoL atmosphere. It's a horror anime after all. 

I really didn't like the fact that they put Mii-kun already there. This just messes things up. Why didn't they just show her when she was supposed to be shown?

I'm fine with the dog, though. And I liked the way they did the first ep, it was even better how it was presented on the manga.

Huh?

There would be no sense in keeping the SoL atmosphere. It's a horror anime after all. 

As mentioned several times, the anime got multiple scriptwriters and seems to planning on going original, that's why I'm wondering what they intend to do, it's still pretty unclear.

Also, despite the manga being horror, it does keep a more easygoing outter appearance until shit goes down, I'm questioning whether or not they intend to keep that as a major aspect or not.

I don't think the first episode messed anything up, it was different sure, but didn't ruin anything as far as I can tell, everything can still play out like it did in the original, it's all about how they proceed from here on out.

Mii-kun being there doesn't really mess anything up, they can still give her a flashback and show us how she met the other girls.

Most of Mii-kun's story was already told in a flashback format in the original anyways.

Why. Just why put Mii-kun in the beginning? It makes no sense.

Does it objectively make the anime worse...? Not really. It's a change, but that's about it.

Why are you saying it makes no sense when they haven't explained anything yet? It will likely make sense in the anime's universe which will be different from the manga's, and that's okay as long as they manage to make a solid story with logical progression.

Just wait until they explain things.

Prison School's censorship was weird. They censored most of the panty shots and stuff with obnoxious white light shafts, but not all of them. And then there was the classic mist in the bathhouse.  

I'll wait for the uncensored episodes before watching more, the awfully done censorship makes watching the show really annoying. 

The adaptation itself didn't seem that bad, maybe little rushed, but I can't really tell from one episode.

Prison School's censorship was weird. They censored most of the panty shots and stuff with obnoxious white light shafts, but not all of them. And then there was the classic mist in the bathhouse.

I'll wait for the uncensored episodes before watching more, the awfully done censorship makes watching the show really annoying.

I don't usually like saying i told you so but.... :salt: :salt: :salt:

You know if an English website is streaming it, the likelyhood of censorship skyrockets, this is why I was cautious from the beginning.

Yeah, I kinda knew it was going to happen, but I didn't think that the censorship would be that bad. Well whatever, at least Monmusu was decent, so I'm content with that.

Now that I have watched most of the summer anime, here's my watch list:

• Gangsta
  • Classroom☆Crisis
  • Gakkou Gurashi
  • Rokka no Yuusha
  • MonMusu
  • GATE
  • Akagami

I still don't get why supporting/minor characters are getting more screen time than the main ones in Durarara. It all just seems like filler, and is making me lose interest.

Rule of thumb for ryohgo narita's works: everyone is a main character. 

Guest -Shizuku-

I only hope that Gate will be ok... at the moment the age rating a bit kills it. I mean - sometimes you have to show cruelty/other disturbing picture.

I only hope that Gate will be ok... at the moment the age rating a bit kills it. I mean - sometimes you have to show cruelty/other disturbing picture.

Yeah, the age rating is kind of killing it.

Not to mention everyone looks 10-20 years younger.

Also dont forget they changed kurabayashi's hair color from  black to brown...and it does not suit het character at all.

Yeah, the age rating is kind of killing it.

Not to mention everyone looks 10-20 years younger.

Also dont forget they changed kurabayashi's hair color from  black to brown...and it does not suit het character at all.

bbYorvq6LvQ_GZaWMPJqXhmb_Dg.jpg

Gate_LN_Vol_1_-_000e.jpg

Yeah they do look a bit younger, but 10-20 years is a bit of an exaggeration...

Also Kurabayashi official hair color in the novel is chestnut brown, I have no idea where you get black from.