Subahibi translation completed now editing is all that remains

douggle

Imagine the time you take to read a game twice, maybe it is close to what they take editing and stuff

I translated narcissu and it's a 2 hours vn and it took me almost a week to just re-read it and fix errors in my translation, so yeah I know they take a lot of time but still they are a bit lazy (this was said by themselves) 

Don't worry. It'll be released on the end of the world.

What's the upcoming extinction event this time? Is Harold Camping having a seizure again? I'll definitely hold off some time to read this one.

OTOH, Herkz has been editing very quickly, and will probably be done before the end of the week. Also they have the patch creation process down, as they've already released multiple partials, and it doesn't seem to take them much time. There are no technical hurdles to release after editing is finished and they also won't do any additional QC, AFAIK. 

edit: Herkz is saying a one month turnaround time on the patch release after editing is finished.

Ouch. Perhaps you shot my post down prematurely. One month isn't too far off, though. I expected it somewhere around August - September.

• 2 months later...

Latest news on the patch: https://twitter.com/moogy0/status/640816301427060737

"Subahibi patch delayed while we work on the installer, please be patient."

While it's unfortunate that it has been delayed, it didn't exactly have a concrete release date to begin with and if all they have left to do is work out the installer, that sounds pretty positive.

edit: I have a feeling that tweet was a reference to something I don't fully understand.

Moogy, oh u. Also, from the multitude of information I've accumulated by typing '素晴らしき日々'/'subahibi'/etc. into the Google search bar a probably innumerable amount of times, I can say I have a lot of faith in the quality of the English script especially in its upcoming revised form. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure that vvav/Kirby as well as Herkz both understand the facets of Sca-ji's expression and ideology for this work, so that's even more promising (on an indefinite level, of course).

I'm actually excited myself to see the story re-envisioned in English form. ^^

Considering people are incessantly asking about the release date on #tlwiki and it pisses people off, that there is already a working partial patch around and no particular technical difficulties were announced, and that moogy himself is very little involved in this project, I think this tweet is just hoping that people will just stop asking.

Also it might reference the infamous case of Fate/Stay Night and its installer that took months to make.

Latest news on the patch: https://twitter.com/moogy0/status/640816301427060737

"Subahibi patch delayed while we work on the installer, please be patient."

While it's unfortunate that it has been delayed, it didn't exactly have a concrete release date to begin with and if all they have left to do is work out the installer, that sounds pretty positive.

edit: I have a feeling that tweet was a reference to something I don't fully understand.

It was, it was a reference to No Name Losers the group who did ef

Here's a good source from #tlwiki to solve any doubts:

18:46 herkz: it's not that close to done, so it seems unlikely it will come out today

18:46 Falz: yes, that's what I thought too

18:47 herkz: i'm like 2/3rds done with the second editing pass? technically only like half if you go by script size

18:48 herkz: but i don't need to edit the last like 1/3rd of the game again since i just edited it a few months ago

And I hope nobody does but of course don't believe anything said on 4chan.

Here's a good source from #tlwiki to solve any doubts:

18:46 herkz: it's not that close to done, so it seems unlikely it will come out today

18:46 Falz: yes, that's what I thought too

18:47 herkz: i'm like 2/3rds done with the second editing pass? technically only like half if you go by script size

18:48 herkz: but i don't need to edit the last like 1/3rd of the game again since i just edited it a few months ago

And I hope nobody does but of course don't believe anything said on 4chan.

When I last talked with herkz he was mentioned there was some editing that needed to be done in my own inventions and then it was to go on to QC, also here this is the Break your support disc origins http://www.lurkmore.com/view/Break_the_support_disk