Light Novels

Snowtsuku

I've read the first 4 LNs of SAO in a few days, then, before starting Gun Gale Online (the 5th LN) I started Toradora, I've seen the anime 3 times and I just love it.

What made me drop SAO for now and pick up Toradora is the fact that it's finished, while SAO looks like it's going to keep going and going.

One question about SAO: Does Asuna have an important role in the next LNs? It's just that I kinda missed her in ALFheim Online xD

I've read the first 4 LNs of SAO in a few days, then, before starting Gun Gale Online (the 5th LN) I started Toradora, I've seen the anime 3 times and I just love it.

What made me drop SAO for now and pick up Toradora is the fact that it's finished, while SAO looks like it's going to keep going and going.

One question about SAO: Does Asuna have an important role in the next LNs? It's just that I kinda missed her in ALFheim Online xD

For the 5th and 6th Volumes, Kirito will yet again be the focus. The 7th one will be all about Asuna. The 8th one is comprised of side stories of mixed focus. 9th and 10th volumes will be about Kirito again, though Asuna does show up and her importance is not yet known (9, 10, 11, and 12 are all connected and I haven't read the 11th one. The 12th one is not translated yet).

Speaking of which, I really should get back to reading SAO. I've put it off due to school among other things but now I should be able to dedicate a sizable chunk of time to dive back into SAO.

• 4 weeks later...

250px-STnBD_V01_001.jpg

It got anime adaptation

300px-Madan_no_Ou_to_Vanadis_Volume_01_cover.jpg

It got anime adaptation too

300px-NGNL_Volume_1_cover_page.jpg

Another adaptation

a8RW4cn.jpg

And another

dDEZKyT.jpg

Last one

Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance

Madan no Ou to Vanadis

No Game No Life

Seikoku no Dragonar

Mahou Sensou

5 God-tier LN were announced to get anime adaptation.

I feel so happy that I'm alive~ WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY

Yehey.>>

Love All of Em... Though Waiting for No Game No Life and Mahou Sensou to be TL'ed (Currently I have no Clue what they are... No I have not read the manga if it has any)

Vol.11 of Seirei.. What can it hold? I'll be waiting>>

Seikoku... I'm still waiting for more Chaps to be TL'ed

Madan No Ou.... Up to date Vol.6 Read

My status

---------------------

-Read up to vol-10

Madan no Ou to Vanadis

-Read up to vol-2

No Game No Life

-Read up to vol-1

Seikoku no Dragonar

-Read up to vol-11, this is one of my favorite LNs. Better version of zero no tsukaima imo

Mahou Sensou

-Read up to vol-1

And there is enough time to catch up all those series. I guess my body will be ready for all series when the anime comes :D

Btw, I'm surprise that Mahouka isn't there.

The moment I saw 5 LN got anime adaptation, Mahouka came to my mind first.

What is hindering that series to get anime, I wonder ? :huh:/>

Uncertainty??

Since the story is long and who knows if it'll all be released...

Spoiler'd because its a large post

250px-STnBD_V01_001.jpg

It got anime adaptation

300px-Madan_no_Ou_to_Vanadis_Volume_01_cover.jpg

It got anime adaptation too

300px-NGNL_Volume_1_cover_page.jpg

Another adaptation

a8RW4cn.jpg

And another

dDEZKyT.jpg

Last one

Madan no Ou to Vanadis

No Game No Life

Seikoku no Dragonar

Mahou Sensou

5 God-tier LN were announced to get anime adaptation.

I feel so happy that I'm alive~ WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY

Was I the only one that thought that the first picture was a pic of Kotori from Date A Live?

Anyways looking forward to the adaptations since I probably won't be reading the LNs anytime soon.

• 5 months later...

I don't usually read LNs for a few reasons

First of all and the most important :

It's not on paper ! And i Hate reading on a computer, would it be manga or anything else, plain reading is a pain (VN is different, there is background and some kind of animaton).

First thing i'll do in an editor chose to print a LN i like will be to purchase it.

Second,

Most of the good ones have an anime and manga adaption.

Often anime adaption will be good, something really good.

Manga not so often, but i am fond or the Haganai mana adaption by itachi who's drawing i've fallen in love with.

The only reason I would eventually start a LN series is when the anime adaption is finished but not the LN.

Cuz i'm curious.

But man ... reading on a computer is such a pain.

Plus, there are tons of LN and not so many translators, so waiting for the english releases can take some time (months, but the translators are not to blame at all, thanks too them we have something *big props to baka-tsuki*)

Solution would be to learn japanese ... Time to learn !

i love light novels, sadly i cant not read jap. but ive read all the current sao, and am currently trying to decide on the next series to start its a toss up between highschool dxd, haruhi, oreimo, and kokoro connect.

haruhi is licensed but pretty amusing, and kokoroco is not completely translated but it's also good the anime skipped a few of cute Inaba moments.

my light novel list is probably bigger than my visual novel list,.

I'm halfway through fate zero, and i'm waiting for a chance to read highschool dxd, date a live, kara no kiokai, etc, etc.

Am I the only now whose reading speed is faster with VN?

I just bought the english translation of Spice & Wolf, i'm curious.

Is this series good ?

It is absolutely -wonderful-. There's a few ... odd bits that don't translate the sense of urgency quite as well, but that's true for almost any/every language-to-language translation.

Right now, I'm reading Hataraku Maou-sama!, which does have an anime adaption already ( The Devil is a Part-Timer! ).

I pretty much read the LNs done by Baka-Tsuki. These are the ones that I'm at completely caught up to on. I tend to read these on my Nook.

• Sakurasou No Pet na Kanojo
  • Toaru Majutsu no Index
  • Spice and Wolf
  • Infinite Stratos
  • Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai
  • Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai
  • Golden Time
  • Fate Zero
  • Kino no Tabi
  • Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria
  • Oda Nobuna no Yabou
  • Suzumiya Haruhi