Charage, please...?

Vorathiel

It's actually not a joke.
No, really.

I'm looking for some 10-30h long charage, in english. You know, funny, simple, fairly 'good' common high school oriented common route, few choices and few routes where you have 'romance' with some girl. Something to read for 30-60 minutes a day, without high need for my attention and focus.

Nothing much right..? There is a craptone of those. Or so I thought. But...I just can't find them.
VNDB wasn't very helpfull (there is no 'charage' tag), all those branching routes, multiple endings, high schools and other simpe tags seems to contradict each other and my search results have 15vns tops, most of them with only partial patches, or really shitty quality (below 6.5 or something like that).

I read Hoshizora no Memoria, Yume Miru Kursui (too drama heavy for my request here), Kanon, Ikinari Anata ni Koishiteiru and Period. And also Grisaia 1 and Muv Luv Extra. And Majikoi. And Katawa. And A Profile.
What else? Clannad is too long and have some 'bigger story', Air the same, Da Capo series I do not want to touch for some unexplained reason... What's left in here?

Edelweiss? That Shinigami-something (with silver haired loli)? Kira*Kira? Symphonic Rain? Are they fit in my request? Are they any good?

Edited by Vorathiel

Overdrive has fairly entertaining slice of life comedy VN's. Edelweiss, my favorite is probably the most crazy one with rather over the top comedy. On the other hand, it can get surprisingly bitter-sweet in some routes so I'm not sure if it would be the right suggestion for what you are searching. Kira Kira or Deardrops would probably better suited here.

Alcot's My Girlfriend is the President is also some of the most funny VN's I've read so far and certainly light. And there's still the Shuffle! series, but it's probably a love or hate thing.

I've also started reading Dracu-Riot! a few days ago and so far it was a real blast. The prologue was almost like an action movie peppered with YuzuSoft's unique comedy style. The sprite dynamics are even better than in NobleWorks, especially the facial expressions and the eyes. The characters feel so dynamic and alive, it's no suprise that their titles are so popular - it's just extremely well done. In contrast to NobleWorks, they also seem to have gotten the story right this time, although I'm not far enough to really judge it accurately yet. But there's certainly a reason why it's so highly rated and popular. But it's also tagged as long on VNDB, though the same applies for NobleWorks which didn't feel that long too me.

So yeah, I think my personal recommendation would be Dracu Riot! despite its length, since it's such a high qualiy moege that everyone should at least give it a try.

Edited by ChaosRaven

Why not whole KiraKira?

I have a little 'something', irk, that puts me off from Noble Works. Same as Da Capo. Can't explain it. Just... no.

Dracu Riot - will read, but after 'our' Fuwa+Oxford Comma team will finish their patch.

My Girlfriend - I saw this vn few times, but never paid any attention to it. I'll read more about it, but I'm pretty hyped, thanks for that recommendation.

Edelweiss - over-the-top humour? I love it. I loved it in both Majikoi and MuvLuvExtra. But I didn't liked the humour of other Override title - Dengeki Stryker. It was never 'laughable' to me, few quick smirks, that's all.

Edited by Vorathiel

Speaking about Kira Kira, yeah it was quite made me surprised when I finished the route (Kirari's one). Out of four VNs that you pick, maybe Symphonic Rain would be the best according to VNDB score and therefore I recommend that (It also had good song and good seiyuu as well). For the rest, Edelweiss was featured some idiot friend (Not sure) and Shinikiss tone was quite depressing. That's all that I could say for now.

PS - Sorry for being late here.