All about Eurovision!

Yeah Way

I can't be the only one on these forums who just f***ing loves the Eurovision. A chance for us all to experience the music world's greatest failed experiment, europop.

For those of you not familiar with the Eurovision, it's one of the New World Order's attempts to end nationalist free will and impose the EU's new communist regime through brainwashing of the masses via the media.

Also, Israel tags along, for some reason; and all the ex-Soviet countries only ever vote for each other.

In anticipation for this year's Song Contest, I thought I'd start a thread where we all share our favourite performances, and bitch about people voting for countries for political reasons and how your country's song didn't win one year when you thought they should have.

Here are my favourites: Israel's 'Hallelujah', 1979, and Norway's 'Fairytale', 2009. Two very deserving winners, in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiH4BFTELME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C33kO3fvjkI

I love a lot more songs, of course; but I wouldn't want to spam the first post, so I'll spare you. =P

Bloc voting killed it. In fact, viewer participation pretty much killed it. 

I know, right? Looking back on previous years, I find myself agreeing with the old panel's decisions much more than those of the popular vote. Still an entertaining competition though.

This year's Finnish participant :D

Yeah! They have my vote, by far! Not much else that stands out this year, unfortunately.

Another Year of everyone hating the UK. Woop Woop :P

I'm always disappointed by the UK picking people I've never heard of. xD They've got so much talent available, and yet they always settle for such generic rubbish lately. (Just like us, honestly). I wish Ireland and Britain would go for more unusual acts like the Easterns do.

Although, we did have that one year...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps3kxGo_gro

I'm always disappointed by the UK picking people I've never heard of. xD They've got so much talent available, and yet they always settle for such generic rubbish lately. (Just like us, honestly). I wish Ireland and Britain would go for more unusual acts like the Easterns do.

Although, we did have that one year...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps3kxGo_gro

I feel like people just need to embrace our way of style. Or love us more. We haven't won since the 60s!!!! OR WHENEVER. TOO LAZY TO GOOGLE

2012 was the good old days yo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKNRGc71hjc

Can't really say I watch eurovison in the last few years. Need a few more years before I can enjoy the circus again no doubt lol.

Norway 2009 winner was really good btw, I agree. I think they still got the record for top score so far.

I've started losing touch with Eurovision lately, it just lost a lot of charm for me. 

Last time Portugal completely ridiculed itself, it was cringey. This year the song choice is a little better but I legitimately don't care much for the whole contest anymore.

I've started losing touch with Eurovision lately, it just lost a lot of charm for me. 

Last time Portugal completely ridiculed itself, it was cringey. This year the song choice is a little better but I legitimately don't care much for the whole contest anymore.

My Japanese teacher actually has a running joke about Portugal in the Eurovision. Whenever he's talking about what not to do in the exam, he says, "Don't make this mistake or you'll end up like Portugal in the Eurovision. Nul points."

My Japanese teacher actually has a running joke about Portugal in the Eurovision. Whenever he's talking about what not to do in the exam, he says, "Don't make this mistake or you'll end up like Portugal in the Eurovision. Nul points."

Hey I can't blame him, even Portuguese people make fun of it.

Whenever I watch Portugal's performances, I always wonder if someone actually saw it beforehand and thought it was a good idea to showcase it to the world.

At least Russia had cool grannies, we just had random people doing stupid shit.

Does anyone remember these?

lordihardrock.gif

That was so fucking awesome. I shat myself in front of the TV and it was the hypest memory of my life.

And then there's also this guy:

dad.gif

Even people who've never heard of the Eurovision have heard Epic Sax Guy; and yeah, I remember seeing Lordi take it when I was like seven and just not knowing what to make of it. xD

Hey I can't blame him, even Portuguese people make fun of it.

"Portugal's debut entry was António Calvário with "Oração", however it was not a successful debut for the country, with Calvário coming last in the contest."

That's rough. Reminds me of Ireland's first and only Irish language entry, which also came dead last. Massive kick right to the nationalists' balls.