Spring 2013 Anime Season

Down

I don't know because Aku no Hana is currently the lowest rated TV series in MAL so far. I know there will be few hipsters who would like it but........yeah.....not gonna watch this. If the author himself/herself like it, then i can't do anything about it.

That's true on MAL but not everywhere else. I saw blogger posts, people on some forums liking it... And echoes say people on 2ch likes it too.

Now I'm not saying it's going to sell well: it probably won't...

Can't say much about it myself; I have yet to watch it. But I feel I could like it, because I like 'Les Fleurs du Mal' which inspired the manga. Now, it being inspired by a depressed French poet of the 19th century who wrote about the beauty of evil and rotten of course makes it sound like a hipster thing. But I don't really care, I enjoy 2deep4u stuff as well as my mahou shoujos >_>

lmao.

Kids today i swear. I love the art because it reminds me of the Anime that got me hooked. Old School anime. Its funny how many people are complaining. I think its cool as hell they did this art style.

My problem with this anime is the craptacular story. Im going to keep watching but its really bad so far. .

Kids today i swear. I love the art because it reminds me of the Anime that got me hooked. Old School anime. Its funny how many people are complaining. I think its cool as hell they did this art style.

My problem with this anime is the craptacular story. Im going to keep watching but its really bad so far. .

Do you have titles you can think of? That whole buzz kinda made me curious about rotoscoping...

I wouldn't say 'craptacular story' as much as 'absolutely nothing happened'. I just don't know where this thing is going and what's the link with Flowers of Evil (except the fact MC obviously browses /lit/ or something like that).

edit:

Leaving my thoughts about some of the episode 1s I watched:

Yahari Ore no Seishun etc: Yep, I found my funny school-life pointless chat brainless anime of the season. I expect it to be rather consistent. I like it already =)

Date A Live: I went in expecting nothing and wasn't disappointed. The number of bad cliche is astoundingly high, plus some panty shots to top it off. It's like everything is there. Now, it will be between how much I can bear all those cringing cliches and how much I enjoy big lasers/explosion and eroge references.

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge: Hair-brushing/cutting is spreading. After GJ-Bu, here's this anime. SOON WE'LL TAKE OVER THE WORLD OF JAPANIMATION >_> (That sounds cool but I'm waiting to see how it will unfold)

Hataraku Maou-sama: Er, I don't know. Seems like the big battles at the beginning were supposed to hook people, but I'm not ultra-excited by the adventures of Maou-sama at MgRonald…

Karneval: eh, meh. I wasn't really hooked...

re-edit: I was really happy about seeing the characters of Oreimo again (except maybe Kirino >_>)

Pretty much everything I didn't rant about there (so everything minus 3) sounds good so far!

lmao.

Ummm... what old school anime exactly? I grew up with ghibli films, cowboy bebop, outlaw star and other old school anime but i didn't see any old school that is like that :angry:

hahaha cowboy bebop and outlaw star is not old school. Im talking about anime from the late 70's early 80's.

I just lol'd

you want specific titles?

you know its funny, now that i think about it, it also reminds me of the american cartoon Heavy Metal. Or American Pop.

hahaha cowboy bebop and outlaw star is not old school. Im talking about anime from the late 70's early 80's.

I just lol'd

you want specific titles?

70's and 80's xD. Okay that only thing that i have watched durings 70's and 80's are ashita no joe and Mobile suit gundam the original. Only two....

I've been enjoying this season's anime throughout the past few days! Here are my initial impressions:

Aku no Hana: Like Ryoji said, the bleh story is the main issue. I have to admit though, I grew up watching Minky Momo, Creamy Mami, Candy Candy, etc, and I was unable to stand Aku no Hana's drawings :lol:. Dropped~

Karneval: I felt like I got thrown into episode seven or something. Had no idea what was going on. Might've gotten better but I dropped it just because of time constraints.

Hyakka (that samurai girls show): Admittedly, I assumed this would be rubbish but it turned out to be pretty funny! I'll watch this for a bit longer.

Photokano: Watching this show kind of makes me feel like a perv :P~ They try to say it's art which somehow seems to make it worse for me. It's not a bad show, though.

Date a Live: Seems okay so far. Maybe a little bit stock but the girls are cute so count me in for now B).

Hataraku Maou-sama: This show was too funny! The comedic pacing is perfect. Made me laugh out loud a few times. Count me in!

Devil Survivor 2: Unique premise, realistic characters (though slightly unclear personalities for the time being); one of the better shows this season. I'll watch on for sure. The first episode is better than Persona 4's in my opinion.

Will watch a few more tonight :D.

Suisei no Gargantia: 1 word, EPIC. This is a MUST WATCH this season guys. The first 15 minutes of episode 1 has some of the most amazing animation ive seen in a LONG time.

Shingeki no Kyojin: This one is amazing as well. I can tell its going to be very intense and its a MUST WATCH as well.

Zettai Bouei Leviatan: My must watch Cute/Moe show. Love it love it love it!!!

Dont know about you guys but I'm VERY excited for this season. VERY IMPRESSED so far!!

Suisei no Gargantia: 1 word, EPIC. This is a MUST WATCH this season guys. The first 15 minutes of episode 1 has some of the most amazing animation ive seen in a LONG time.

Shingeki no Kyojin: This one is amazing as well. I can tell its going to be very intense and its a MUST WATCH as well.

Zettai Bouei Leviatan: My must watch Cute/Moe show. Love it love it love it!!!

Dont know about you guys but I'm VERY excited for this season. VERY IMPRESSED so far!!

kyojin had far better animation than gargantia imo... both look amazing and i enjoyed the first ep of both regardless.

leviatan <3

azazel san is hillarious so far, can't wait for more of it.

ore no imouto was kind of meh, but tbh i don't remember if i watched the last episode of the last season or not so i think i may have missed something.

samurai bride i haven't watched yet because i dropped the first season.

Yahari Ore no Seishun looks to be really funny. will watch.

date a live didn't really give me that good an impression from the first episode, but i'll keep watching just to see what happens.

definately a good season so far.

Geez how can you guys watch so many shows? I tried to watch like 14 shows last season, and that was awful! I've never dropped a show before, but I may consider it to make room for a better show.. *cough* Aku no hana *cough* Currently on my watching list I have 13 shows. and will probably escalate to 17. But I have to agree, I'm liking this season so far. But my favorite season out of the three I have watched (Fall 2012, Winter 2013 Spring 2013) I liked fall the best, with Little Busters and Pet Girl.

This season is gonna be awesome, well, it already is.

I still have to watch Suisei no Gargantia, but I'm looking forward to watching it this afternoon.

For now I'm not gonna watch Shingeki no Kyojin, I'll download it when I feel like watching it, if I feel like it.

So far, the anime I'm more looking forward to is Devil Survivor, it has an aweesome animation and character designs, and the story looks great, I can't wait to watch more of it

I watched Karneval today. The first ep dumped you right in the middle of the story, so there's lots of unexplained things I want to learn more about. Seems like the plot could be pretty interesting, so long as it doesn't become overly convoluted or silly. And actually I have to admit that the main reason I'm watching the show is for the bishonen.. And they did not disappoint ^_~

Alright, Yesterday I watched Haiyore! Hyaruko-san W, which looks like it's gonna be fun and kind of stupid, like the first season.

I also watched Suisei no Gargantia, which surprised me a lot, I wasn't expecting to like it that much. It has a great animation and character design, though I still think Devil Survivor is better.

Finally I watched Mushibugyô, and I think it goes way too fast. I read the manga so I understand what happens, but I wonder how it'll look like to someone who doesn't know anything about this anime. Apart from that, the character design is pretty good, and the combats look really cool.

Finally I watched Mushibugyô, and I think it goes way too fast. I read the manga so I understand what happens, but I wonder how it'll look like to someone who doesn't know anything about this anime. Apart from that, the character design is pretty good, and the combats look really cool.

Well, nothing felt really rushed and I didn't read the manga. I quite enjoyed it. Was surprised actually, I had never heard about that one anywhere.

Well, nothing felt really rushed and I didn't read the manga. I quite enjoyed it. Was surprised actually, I had never heard about that one anywhere.

Then I'm glad it's ok. I guess it's just like what happens with books and movies. If you see a movie based on a book you've read, you think they go too fast and could be confusing with people who doesn't know what the story is about.

I have watched just about every show this season so far. (no really)

B-but not everything aired yet!

Though really i'm only waiting for Yuyushiki and Toaru Kagaku S2 now.

I'm probably dropping some not very exciting stuff in a few episodes to cut down to a reasonable number. 12 to 15 would be fine.

If you really watch 32+ series... well that's a lot >_>

B-but not everything aired yet!

Though really i'm only waiting for Yuyushiki and Toaru Kagaku S2 now.

I'm probably dropping some not very exciting stuff in a few episodes to cut down to a reasonable number. 12 to 15 would be fine.

If you really watch 32+ series... well that's a lot >_>

thats why I said "so far.."

lol I plan on watching everything. Im a fan like that.

EDIT: Wow didnt realize this was my 1000'th post.