Spring 2013 Anime Season

Down

Just watched episode one of Valvrave Liberator...I think...I thnik I'm going to like this on more than Attack on Titan or anything else...the first episode was just like MIND FUCK. Action scene was just freakin amazing idk what else to say ._.

Uh uh. I thought episode 1 was good too. Not THAT good, but good. I think you're in for some deception.

Ok to say I'm a bit behind would be a huge understatement. As I am unable to watch much anime (damn nurses won't let me use anything but an iPhone and Internet is a joke) I am DYING to know what the hell is going on,. Not reading any reviews or spoilers so very anxious to know how the shows I liked at the beginning of the spring season are progressing.

Well good news because I'm FINALLY out of here on wednsday !! Well as long as the nazi nurses don't kill me in my sleep. I look forward to talking to you guys about what I've missed

Uh uh. I thought episode 1 was good too. Not THAT good, but good. I think you're in for some deception.

Watched all the way to Epi 9 the latest one out on Crunchyroll.

I'll admit, it is cheesy and predictable 99.9% of the time, but I dunno. I've never watched a Mech anime before so maybe I like it soo much cause I have nothing to compare it to? I'm probably going to watch it through. Kinda in love with L-Elf. He's sucha BA ._.

Also starting to get into the Railgun S series...Gotta find the old episodes first though. My gut just tells me that that's the best idea.

I'll admit, it is cheesy and predictable 99.9% of the time, but I dunno. I've never watched a Mech anime before so maybe I like it soo much cause I have nothing to compare it to? I'm probably going to watch it through. Kinda in love with L-Elf. He's sucha BA ._.

First episode is pretty much the first episode of most Gundam series since 1979, with the high-school life part being from Code Geass except it's worse. The way the scenario goes downhill reminds of Guilty Crown too. So, yeah, it's not very original... But I guess it can be entertaining.

First episode is pretty much the first episode of most Gundam series since 1979, with the high-school life part being from Code Geass except it's worse. The way the scenario goes downhill reminds of Guilty Crown too. So, yeah, it's not very original... But I guess it can be entertaining.

was nothing like z,

was nothing like x,

was nothing like wing,

was nothing like 00,

was nothing like g (but we don't count g so I guess this is irrelevant...),

was nothing like any of the 00XX,

was nothing like 08th MS team.

the only gundam that this remotely resembled was unicorn, maybe seed. as for the whole mecha-school life, you could also argue that Code Geass stole that from Full Metal Panic! since FMP did it ages before. or evangelion. or rahxephon. I don't even know how you're comparing it to guilty crown.

I don't find the show too fantastic, but you're making comparisons to shows that share almost nothing in common. it would be like if I came in here and said mushibugyou was a rip off of rurouni kenshin, because both shows have main characters that use katana.

Well, it takes all the settings elements from the very first Gundam, that was itself copied by Seed, and to a lesser extent by a lot of other gundam and non-gundam shows. Then again, I didn't see much Gundam, only 0079, Zeta, and the few firsts of Seed, so I can only trust what a friend told me when it comes to everything else. Of course not all the gundam since 1979 are exactly the same, no way it would have kept being popular. Still, its not just the fact that there's a giant robot.

And the school-life part really makes me think of Code Geass (that definitely wasn't a rip-off of FMP though). That, and also the whole vampire thing has Geass vibes too.

Guilty Crown only came up to say that the scenario also went downhill >_> not a serious comparison.

Have to say im very dissapointed with a few of the shows. I'm finally caught up and many of the shows I was excited about had seemed to really faded in the latest episodes.

Attack on Titan is very good. Only show im truly excited about still

OreImo is... OK having just read the 12th and final LN im curious to see how that will transfer to Anime.

Date A Live... VERY dissapointed. (YES i read the LN)

Hataraku Maou-sama! is enjoyable.

Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko is a funny show. Glad im enjoying it.

There are others, but meh, nothing worth writing about here. At the beginning of this season I was very happy with the shows, now 9-11 episodes in, not as axcited.

Oh well, cant all be great.

Have to say im very dissapointed with a few of the shows. I'm finally caught up and many of the shows I was excited about had seemed to really faded in the latest episodes.

OreImo is... OK having just read the 12th and final LN im curious to see how that will transfer to Anime.

There are others, but meh, nothing worth writing about here. At the beginning of this season I was very happy with the shows, now 9-11 episodes in, not as axcited.

To be honest I feel pretty much the same as you.

while I agree with almost everything, suisei no gargantia and azazel-san are also pretty good in my opinion. and nyarko, but that's just because

k30jsz.png

it doesn't stop being funny.

also, if anyone can read that Japanese text, i'm very curious if it actually says "I'm wet".

Hataraku Maou-sama! is by far and away my favorite of the 3 airing shows I'm watching. It's amazingly fun.

right? as i said in another thread, every episode is a box of happy.

this last week's episode where maou reveals that the demons have known what's been going on with emi and suzuno, and explaining why ashiya is actually sick, as well as Lucifer chosing the simple otaku life over olba's questionable promise to return him to heaven... the entire show, on top of being ridiculously hilarious and cute, is very well written. the only real plot hole we have right now is who the f*** is the land lady? getting a chiho figure at next year's annual convention buying spree, and picking up this show on dvd if it's ever released either subtitled or in English.

I love this show. so much.

also, it would tickle me pink if ashiya ended up with rika. :D

Just finished Maou-sama and it easily got a 9 from me. It is such a well written, well paced show. Every episode felt like it was 5 minutes, it was that much fun.

Last episode certainly seems to leave it open for a season two.

We also go this incredible line that made me giggle quit a lot.

3pW6C.png

Just finished Maou-sama and it easily got a 9 from me. It is such a well written, well paced show. Every episode felt like it was 5 minutes, it was that much fun.

Last episode certainly seems to leave it open for a season two.

We also go this incredible line that made me giggle quit a lot.

3pW6C.png

I just saw it as well, but to me the last episode was a bit flat. Great show, but episode 13 could of been so much better.

Season 2 is coming. Probably spring/summer 2014