Does If My Heart Had Wings get any better?

Mugi

I'm a good 5 hours into it at this point, there's only been one choice so far, i'm still in the common route with no signs of it ending soon. I love the characters, and i've loved seeing their interactions and all so far, but with

Building the plane

and everything, it's pretty boring as not much is going on, and I want to skip it but at the same time I don't want to miss anything important . How long is the common route? Does it get better after I get to the separate girls routes? Maybe later in the common route?

IMHHW is a light hearted romantic VN. There will not be something what you can call "action". It is focused on the relationship between the MC and the heroines and the glider is always present and the "string" that holds everything together. So if you don't like it it may be hard for you.

If I recall the common route is long, 8 - 10 hours maybe. I think it was worth the wait and the VN grew later on too. But I agree it was slow paced at times.

if you consider banging a chick who's confined to a wheelchair or having a threesome with loli twins as it "getting better" than yes it does, but if you don't than no it doesn't

Play a nukige instead in that case.  :makina:

I dropped it after the first 30 minutes. I respect the people who actually managed to go through this snoozefest. I probably should drop my habit of listening to the voices without missing a single second of them even if it means sticking toothpicks on my eyelids to keep my eyes open.

I enjoyed the game enough to stick with it, but:

1) I'm into science-y things, so all the glider mechanics was interesting to me. If you find it long-winded/boring, then I imagine a lot of the game is going to be painful.

2) I got a lot of emotional satisfaction out of scenes like the first glider test flight.

If neither of those is doing anything for you, it's probably not going to get any more enjoyable for you, and you may be better off dropping it.

I second the above post, IMHHW is actually one of my favourite VN's

Riding along with the characters and their journey with the glider, getting a sort of feeling of accomplishment during certain parts of the story and the lighthearted day to day living is part of the experience i guess.

I must say, that i didn't really want to read the whole common route again between character routes as it IS pretty lengthy (like some others *cough*hoshizora no memoria*cough*) but first time through, I loved it.

Overall, I do think it gets better as the story progresses, i'm also interested in "science-y things" and i think that played a part in my opinion.  But I vouch for it as a good VN that I would recommend to others.

It gets better, but some of the routes (Kotori and Ageha) were kinda boring too me. They focused too much on the romance, and the romance is not that good, but there are some good scenes like Aoi's confession to Kotori and Asa/Yoru love triangle, but the rest is boring ichaicha. I prefer dramatic romance, not light-hearted, and I like it when they say beautiful words, confess in the sunset, etc.

But Amane's route is definitely the BEST one. Really worth it. The romance is boring, but the whole story is very emotional. Asa's and Yoru's route weren't plot-focused, but at least the romance was good.