You know that you've become an otaku when...

Mikimir

...you quitely sneer at your friend with your Japanese friend who claims that Clannad is the best "original" anime.

...your Youtube playlist is riddled with Touhou/Kantai/anime OSTs.

...you argue with your friend about the best character in K-On.

...your pixiv artist following page cover you entire screen.

...you despair at the reality after witnessing an unshaved armpit of a girl.

...you bring your laptop to school to show off your sick Touhou hisoutensoku combos only to be marked as a weirdo.

...your chrome recent tabs are all anime/manga/VN related websites.

...you get cancer by seeing all the SAO wallpaper on your friends' cellphone.

...the liked musics in your Soundcloud account are 90% anime OSTs.

...you ask you Japanese friend to come over to your house to ask help translating VNs.

...your wallpaper folder packed with anime goodness exceeds 5gb.

...you find yourself browsing through VNDB to find out the VN you had in mind during computer programming class.

Just some random ranting after a tiring project.

...your Youtube playlist is riddled with Touhou/Kantai/anime OSTs.

...you bring your laptop to school to show off your sick Touhou hisoutensoku combos only to be marked as a weirdo.

...you find yourself browsing through VNDB to find out the VN you had in mind during computer programming class.

Holy shit, are you me? These are so spot on, lol.

I will say that this probably isn't otaku-unique in North America, at least. T-shirts with long sleeves are great for lazy girls in the summer~

Besides, why make arguing with your friend specific to K-on!? If you've argued with anyone irl over who is best waifu/husbando, aren't you nearly there? ...Do know the despairing over SAO's popularity feel, though.

Ahem.

You know you have become an otaku when:

- You suddenly find that your music device no longer contains a single English song and it has all been replaced with J-rock/pop!

- All of your extra money immediately gets spent on anime/manga.

- Your *ahem* 2D girl folder exceeds 50gb.

- Your anime folder exceeds over 250gb... which just so happens to be half your computer.

- You have a specific folder on your computer for anime reaction images.

- You have debates with your friends about whether or not Evangelion was a good anime or not.

- You are CONSTANTLY nagging at your friends to catch up to all the anime that they are watching, because you have long since finished them and "it just gets so much better/you don't know what you are missing!"

What about having 100+ anime beat maps on osu, having 100+gbs of VNs! watching anime when you have free time! looking at anicharts/animist to see what's coming out when you have nothing to do....the list goes on.

oh shoot I forgot about Osu

I don't play Osu much nowadays though :( used to have 200+ beatmaps just by downloading beatmaps that are at least under page 20 in popularity order lol

I will say that this probably isn't otaku-unique in North America, at least. T-shirts with long sleeves are great for lazy girls in the summer~

Besides, why make arguing with your friend specific to K-on!? If you've argued with anyone irl over who is best waifu/husbando, aren't you nearly there? ...Do know the despairing over SAO's popularity feel, though.

I'm living in CA and yeah sure it's not a common sight but once you see it... It cannot be unseen. K-ON is just an example btw.

..your chrome recent tabs are all anime/manga/VN related websites.

...the liked musics in your Soundcloud account are 90% anime OSTs.

...your wallpaper folder packed with anime goodness exceeds 5gb.

All spot on! 0_o

...you ask you Japanese friend to come over to your house to ask help translating VNs.

I can do that myself though

Am I a superior level otaku? : 3

Guest -Shizuku-

Only 100/200 osu animu maps :o I have 70k maps and I am sure 90% are japanese >.< or from japanese rhythm games, rest of my disk space is greatly holding VN's. Yet considering any other of these conditions I can pretty much say I'm not otaku lol, how about - buying stuff that you don't even need just because having 1. Figurines 3. Dakimakura 4. Posters is totally worth for you even being considered weirdo?

Only 100/200 osu animu maps :o I have 70k maps and I am sure 90% are japanese >.< or from japanese rhythm games, rest of my disk space is greatly holding VN's. Yet considering any other of these conditions I can pretty much say I'm not otaku lol, how about - buying stuff that you don't even need just because having 1. Figurines 3. Dakimakura 4. Posters is totally worth for you even being considered weirdo?

1 3 4? I'm not seen as a weirdo no matter how much otaku stuff I do.... Friends all used to it, some I even made into otaku :D so even if I had a room filled with figurines, posters dakimakura, speakers blasting vocaloid music, manga lining the shelves, and yeah anything else, people would just say "trust you, man"

You know you've become an otaku when...

...you can naturally make anime references in an everyday conversation...

...you make all of your account's profile pics anime related...

...you feel inclined to take pictures when you see cosplay in public...

...you have several shelves filled with light novels, art books and the like...

...what am I doing with my life again?