Counter-Strike Thread

madvanced

• 2 weeks later...

So valve decided to roll out a huge update, a nerf to the m4a1-s as well as a buff to the dual berettas.

The hitboxes are now more like "hitcircles" to more closely represent the character models.

I'm just happy that my use of the m4a4 is now justified, but I don't want the m4a1-s to lose all it's use. Let's see how the current gameplay and game meta will change. From what I've seen if you can somewhat learn how to use the dual berettas they can be better on 1st round buys as well as ecos, although I don't know if they improved enough to make sense purchasing over the five-seven or the tec-9.

I wonder if the Zeus will be too OP during eco rounds. 100$ seems way too cheap to me.

just did a zeus kill as an awp side arm, it just means that you will need to watch for corners much more and it also becomes a viable armor plus zeus pistol round strat. I don't find it op tbh, but a 50 dollar bump on the price could make sense.

Poor cyrex, guess its time to sell it. Just that there isnt many nice m4a4 skIns

the m4a1-s is still good, it just became the better choice for longer distances, at close quarters combat the m4a4 reigns now supreme. So it only depends on your play style.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently started playing CS:GO. We are almost always a Swedish stack (2-5 players) and we wanted to try something else. Dota 2 got a bit repetitive so we wanted something else. I haven't played CS since 1.6 when I was playing alone vs bots. So more or less a total worthless noob. But I got my rank two days ago, golden nova master. I still got a positive K/D ratio so I am pleased so far. I am always trying to improve mysef. CS is not a good thing to learn then for a competitive player with "I am best or nothing" mindset. Sigh.

I recently started playing CS:GO. We are almost always a Swedish stack (2-5 players) and we wanted to try something else. Dota 2 got a bit repetitive so we wanted something else. I haven't played CS since 1.6 when I was playing alone vs bots. So more or less a total worthless noob. But I got my rank two days ago, golden nova master. I still got a positive K/D ratio so I am pleased so far. I am always trying to improve mysef. CS is not a good thing to learn then for a competitive player with "I am best or nothing" mindset. Sigh.

If you don't rush things you will improve, trust me. If you think that you still have to improve overall continue to practice everything, but if you want to improve your game you might want to try to take a certain role consistently, be it entry fragger, awper, strat caller, etc. If you ever want to play you can hit me up, I'm a legendary eagle master though so I would need to be on a 5 man stack to be able to play due to the rank restrictions.

I personally prefer to either awp or lurk.

If you don't rush things you will improve, trust me. If you think that you still have to improve overall continue to practice everything, but if you want to improve your game you might want to try to take a certain role consistently, be it entry fragger, awper, strat caller, etc. If you ever want to play you can hit me up, I'm a legendary eagle master though so I would need to be on a 5 man stack to be able to play due to the rank restrictions.

I don't know what each role is. We are just playing because it is fun more or less. But we are at least calling what bombsite we are going for and if we are CT we hold our position. 

I don't know what each role is. We are just playing because it is fun more or less. But we are at least calling what bombsite we are going for and if we are CT we hold our position. 

well I'm gonna try my best to describe these "roles", don't see them like the roles in a moba, because they aren't as inflexible, since they only pertain to play styles, therefore you can easily change your "role" mid-game since everyone has access to the same items(mostly).

Entry fragger - usually the guy that peeks first as T, tries to get a pick on a bombsite to facilitate a take. Usually not that good stat wise(k/d terms) since they usually die a lot for the team.

AWPer - easiest role to identify, basically the one player that concentrates their play around using the awp as their primary instead of the main rifles like the ak and m4. if you know that someones an awper sometimes it's just plain better to drop them the awp even though you might've liked to use it yourself.

strat caller/in-game leader(IGL) - the guy that calls what BS to take as well as how those takes should be done, usually the one to keep track of the economy of the team and calling for re-takes(ct side ofc) or saves.

lurker - the get_right role as it was called in the early days of GO, since he pretty much made this play-style. Usually you roam around the map trying to get rotators, you basically kill them when they don't expect to be killed, sometimes they can abandon their stealthy role just to serve as a diversion.

these are the basic "roles", after that you can kinda just call someone a support type player, or a rifler(if he just performs good with a rifle vs an awp and doesn't have any other special characteristics), or w/e.

In the end you should only take the time to learn this if you want to, if you want to play just for the sake of playing it's very legitimate to do so. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Gratz to EnVyUs for winning dreamhack Cluj-Napoca. I almost believed in the NiP magic for a minute there, but it was a great major overall since there were a lot of upsets.

My NiP salt was toned down a bit since I hit both 1k hours in CSGO and the supreme rank. Only 1 more rank to go boys and girls.

• 1 month later...

Revolver update asdfsakfgklejfwakljfaef

Awp just got reduced by $3900

Volvo strikes again.

REVOLVO knows what they are doing, they just wanted to give us the pocket awp after the pocket ak.

the game is now clearly at its most balanced state since everyone can and will use the same weapon. there's no need to work on csgo anymore, patches only need to account for skins now. /s

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...