Counter-Strike Thread

madvanced

I wish I could play at all... I tried playing today after getting a "hand me down" laptop due to some family drama, but I can barely get 20 fps at times even at 4:3 800x600 all minumum sttings... thanks gtx 525m ;ー;

I think I found a sens I like, hopefully I will get used to it. League is once again tiring me out so ima practice more CS:Go. Only down side is I can't play music while in comp  :cry:

"I can't play music while in comp" Hue hue *looks away...*

Also kind of got up another level in 12 matches o.o Don't know if the rank system sucks or I'm okay at this..

8620f3fc09.jpg

I think I found a sens I like, hopefully I will get used to it. League is once again tiring me out so ima practice more CS:Go. Only down side is I can't play music while in comp  :cry:

my only advice is that you remember to turn mouse acceleration of and raw input on. It may seem like a silly thing to say to people but some do forget.

Meanwhile, after dusting out this old laptop I can get a somewhat decent framerate at 800x600(it's still shit I mean look at this res :P) but it still hinders my game a bit, since I'm not used to these settings and I still get random frame drops.

However I was able to rank up to Gold Nova 2, so I got that going for me which is nice.

my only advice is that you remember to turn mouse acceleration of and raw input on. It may seem like a silly thing to say to people but some do forget.

Spent a good two hours or so watching guides and shit to set up my CS:Go, already got that covered. Thanks though ^_^

"I can't play music while in comp" Hue hue *looks away...*

Also kind of got up another level in 12 matches o.o Don't know if the rank system sucks or I'm okay at this..

8620f3fc09.jpg

Well if most of the matches were wins of course you are going to rank up, that's how ELOs work, if you win the majority of matches it means that you are above your current rank in terms of skill. That is unless you happened to get carried hard in all of them. :P

Well if most of the matches were wins of course you are going to rank up, that's how ELOs work, if you win the majority of matches it means that you are above your current rank in terms of skill. That is unless you happened to get carried hard in all of them. :P

No one has a clue how the rank system works. It's all speculation :P

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2g3r4c/the_ultimate_guide_to_csgo_ranking/ckfhfir

Also some of my losses I did pretty good... And some wins I did pretty bad... Like really bad xD (( don't play when you've been awake for 20ish hours ))

EDIT

d577d12820.jpg

I also use a modified autoexec config... I'll give you a basic one if you want.

Also make sure you have a lower DPI... Mine is 1200 but it should be a bit lower for acc o.o... 

Other than that I recommend you to do warmups in Deathmatch. 50 kills with the Sidearms you will use and also the riles you'll use. 

Also it's handy to know smoke spots and how to use flashes.. 

warowl is a pretty good youtuber for beginners.. Heres one playlist

CS:GO Tutorials, Guides, Tips, and Tricks

Goes through all the basics and also some smoke spots (( I watched all of these ))

No one has a clue how the rank system works. It's all speculation :P

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2g3r4c/the_ultimate_guide_to_csgo_ranking/ckfhfir

Also some of my losses I did pretty good... And some wins I did pretty bad... Like really bad xD (( don't play when you've been awake for 20ish hours ))

EDIT

d577d12820.jpg

I also use a modified autoexec config... I'll give you a basic one if you want.

Also make sure you have a lower DPI... Mine is 1200 but it should be a bit lower for acc o.o... 

Other than that I recommend you to do warmups in Deathmatch. 50 kills with the Sidearms you will use and also the riles you'll use. 

Also it's handy to know smoke spots and how to use flashes.. 

warowl is a pretty good youtuber for beginners.. Heres one playlist

CS:GO Tutorials, Guides, Tips, and Tricks

Goes through all the basics and also some smoke spots (( I watched all of these ))

There is a general idea on how the elo works, we do know that win streaks affect it, the thing that we don't know about is individual performance. However people have been reporting(and kinda happened to me) that even after a few losses, if htey mostly carried the team ,the next win or even draw sometimes gives them a rank up. So there is knowledge about it, we just don't know the exact algorithm that valve uses.

Also on the DPI it is a bit fallacious to tell someone to use a lower or higher value. DPI is about personal preference and muscle memory. If you already cultivated muscle memory with a higher sensitivity changing it would only do you a disservice, and wouldn't help you at all.

The rest is spot on, although I would say to concentrate on flashes first if you are an entry fragger. If not learn the smokes first since they are a bit more complicated in general.

Well there's a $500,000 prize for this, only $250,000 for ESL One. So going by cash reward, as teams do, this one is twice as important.

well while cash is very important(mostly the most important aspect if I'm to be truthful) as a team, it still isn't a major tournament per se.

well while cash is very important(mostly the most important aspect if I'm to be truthful) as a team, it still isn't a major tournament per se.

I heard the conditions sucked for the competitive players. They could also hear each other and the casters... So yeah... Not that great of an event 

http://oddshot.tv/shot/esl_pov1_22_201507041443416292

Example of hearing each other

Still the other team could cheat if they can hear them.. Which is sad if a team did loose because of it

Well I doubt that they could make out everything correctly about what the other team said, or rather even anything coherent at all.