Winter 2015 Anime Discussion

Down

[email protected]'s pathetic attempt at making Slaine look righteous at the end like he ever did anything good.

The battle between him and Inaho was retarded and pointless for the most part, especially given the conclusion.

It was basically a "let's settle who has more testosterone once and for all" kind of battle, and honestly I'm not against these types of fights, they can be poetic in a sense if they're done right.. but not when I fucking abhor the 2 main characters, they were just butting heads out of frustration, and then just make up. Is this a kids' show? 

And then it just cuts off, like we're expected to be thrilled over how similar it was to season 1, except with reversed roles.

Well sorry to say but, it was stupid.

This whole season was pathetic. Inaho was overpowered for no reason, Slaine was also overpowered for no reason, and the hierarchy of the show was basically:

• Main characters who never die, ever, even if they're completely outnumbered and underpowered.
  • All the disposable pawns so you can see death and destruction (am I 2edgy yet?)

The last 2 episodes of the show were the only redeeming thing about it because you can finally see things taking a turn, but even then it was incredibly underwhelming. The only satisfaction factor I got out of this was "It's finally over, I don't have to suffer through this BS anymore".

And I love how they just skip ahead a bit and everything's going dandy. Wasn't the Earth partially obliterated, how is everything perfectly intact so quickly?

Also the irony with Slaine's dad's research being what allowed peace. Sorry Aldnoah but I still think Slaine was a douchebag, even when you show him bawling his eyes out.

Also what the hell's up with Asseylum marrying a random guy. Wasn't there a thing between her and Inaho? What happened to that???

I get she needed to do it for authority and stuff but, still, what was the point in showing her getting close to Inaho?

Well, whatever, I'm just happy it's over and there's no BS cliffhanger. I just wish they hadnt shown me Slaine's face as the last frame, way to leave a poor aftertaste.

I'm giving Aldnoah.Zero season 2 a 5/10, just because I don't want to think more about it.

Asseylum is the greatest hoe, he got Slaine then went with Inaho before ending up with Handsomedudeplotdevice #3186.

I say this has been entertaining for the soundtrack and animation only....

...wonder why some characters that I want to die didn't actually died....

Oh well, it actually ends without cliffhanger, I guess that's better than nothing.

Oh yeah, Log Horizon ended too. Sad to see a good series go, here hoping for it to return in ~3 years tops.

Rolling Girls.. i don't know what to say.

This is just one of those shows that were kinda messy, but they were purposely trying to be messy, except it only worked half of the time.

It looked good, i even liked the soundtrack quite a bit, but i genuinely don't know what to think of it, and i don't even understand what the show thinks of itself.

By the end there were just so many random elements i didn't know how to feel.

It could have been action, slice of life or some kind of on the road thing, but i didn't understand the formula or where they were trying to go with it.

But, despite all this, i can't say the show bored me either, it was just... different...in a strange way...

I'm giving it a 7/10 today but i'll probably re-rate it sometime when i look back on it.

So Aldnoah.Zero ends with an impressive looking but pointless mecha battle, then cuts to no one important dying(not even the two kids who placed a death flag on the whole planet in episode 1).  Seems symbolic of the whole season really.  I didn't dislike the series at all, but it was definitely a popcorn show.  And season 2 was far too Gundam-Lite for its own good.  Season 1's "Inaho vs the Puzzle Bosses" was better.

Oh well...  bring on the Spring season!  

Nanatsu no Taizai ended, hands down the best shounen since Magi and HxH. Superb soundtrack, fluid animation and non-stop mindblown action. 9/10.

maria the virgin witch ended pretty damm qute.

definitly one of the better ending i have seen.

Ow and the dancing owls are fantastic.

But was it really neccesary to impregnate her wtih ezekiel?

Honestly i don't think Yurikuma was incomprehensible at all.

By the end everything is pretty much explained to you so in terms of story you won't get lost.

What requires you to think is what exactly does everything mean, what is the invisible storm representing, what's a promise kiss, what are bears, etc.

These are the only things you interpret yourself, but that part is actually the most fun about it.

Honestly i don't think Yurikuma was incomprehensible at all.

By the end everything is pretty much explained to you so in terms of story you won't get lost.

What requires you to think is what exactly does everything mean, what is the invisible storm representing, what's a promise kiss, what are bears, etc.

These are the only things you interpret yourself, but that part is actually the most fun about it.

I'm saying the string of events in the show made sense in my head.

Yes the show overall was symbolinc, but you don't need to understand all the symbolism to understand what's going on in the screen and piece it together because it's pretty clear what's happening after a while.

Yes the whole thing is deep and edgy, but i wouldn't call it a confusing story, just one thst requires you to pay attention, it becomes much clearer as you progress through it.

I'm saying the string of events in the show made sense in my head.

Yes the show overall was symbolinc, but you don't need to understand all the symbolism to understand what's going on in the screen and piece it together because it's pretty clear what's happening after a while.

Yes the whole thing is deep and edgy, but i wouldn't call it a confusing story, just one thst requires you to pay attention, it becomes much clearer as you progress through it.

Maybe if you want to think hard about it,

I understood the events going on though. There really wasn't that much happening.

And when it came to symbolism well that's up for debate but i'm certain most people will agree this felt like a social critique related to people who follow norms and social cues, thus becoming invisible, and the ones who disturb said invisibility must be put down, just like irl if you're out of the norm you're looked down upon.

I don't know, maybe i'm overly simplifying, this was my first Ikuhara show. But it really didn't make my head hurt that much, i just accepted the show and let it take me to its message without overthinking.

Maybe if you want to think hard about it,

I understood the events going on though. There really wasn't that much happening.

And when it came to symbolism well that's up for debate but i'm certain most people will agree this felt like a social critique related to people who follow norms and social cues, thus becoming invisible, and the ones who disturb said invisibility must be put down, just like irl if you're out of the norm you're looked down upon.

I don't know, maybe i'm overly simplifying, this was my first Ikuhara show. But it really didn't make my head hurt that much, i just accepted the show and let it take me to its message without overthinking.

Slaine has been voted one of the most hated characters of 2014 anime by many.

I haven't seen Isuca so i can't compare, but the thing about Slaine is that he really manages to irk the hell out of you and you just want him dead throughout the whole anime.

Also the ending is as meaningless as they come.

Definitely not worth it unless you absolutely need to know what happens after season 1.