Fuwa Anime Club: 1st Cycle

Stray Cat

Cycle 1: Questions  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Did you watch Durarara with everyone in the first cycle?

2. 2. Would you be interested in a side project of watching another anime as it airs each season?

3. 3. Was this enough time to watch the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

He's my favorite in Durararararararararararara!! because of that :D

Yeah, a lot of people seem to like him.. but I don't really see why.  I mean I get it, but I don't really like those kinds of people even in real life, let alone in an anime xD.  

so far, he seems untrustworthy, and manipulative.. and only for his own whims and fun. He enjoys playing around with people, even their lives and what's important to them. Unless there's some larger purpose I don't know about that will make him more like-able.. so that's why right now xD still don't like him, lol.  Maybeee I'm misunderstanding him -shrugs-

He's my favorite in Durararararararararararara!! because of that :D

I'm on 13 now and I can agree that Izaya is boss.  Every time he opens his mouth it's great. 

"I guess your love wasn't that strong, sucks to be you." Priceless.

Overall, I'm really enjoying it so far, though it always seems a little weird to me. The constant twists, such as the stalker girl being alive, keep making it very interesting. I didn't see Mikado being the leader of the dollars but I'm glad he's not staying the wimpy protagonist. I'm also guessing Anri is the slasher.

Overall, character's like Anri bore me to death, so that's definitely my least favorite. 

so question when will the second cycle start?

Well, we'll be done watching by end of day tomorrow, spend about a week discussing, voting for next cycle, etc. so I'd say the 11th maybe?

I'll just leave my favourite characters here, bear in mind I've finished watching the series.

Up to the last episode:

Because saying "everyone" would be unfair, I'll go with 5 people only.

Celty&Shinra forever. The doctor is all-out hilarious and so is Celty when she panics. Celty's a good girl and I like that about here.

Shinra's father *favourite overal*. Wearing a mask gives him immediate extra points, and then there's that personality. I don't know whether he's smart, or an idiot, or just really lucky.

Shizuo is also hilarious.

Izaya is Izaya. Though I'll have to admit him getting punched was the best part.

I'll just leave my favourite characters here, bear in mind I've finished watching the series.

Up to the last episode:

Because saying "everyone" would be unfair, I'll go with 5 people only.

Celty&Shinra forever. The doctor is all-out hilarious and so is Celty when she panics. Celty's a good girl and I like that about here.

Shinra's father *favourite overal*. Wearing a mask gives him immediate extra points, and then there's that personality. I don't know whether he's smart, or an idiot, or just really lucky.

Shizuo is also hilarious.

Izaya is Izaya. Though I'll have to admit him getting punched was the best part.

If you're talking about 25 that's just bonus stuff, 24 is the real end of the series, but it's still worth watching. 

My response/end thoughts:

Why does everyone hate Izaya, as far as I can see, he hasn't done all that much wrong. He's not some horrible villain, just a guy who plays around with people a bit. Aside from the head thing, he hasn't really done much, and he wasn't even the one to take it from Celty in the first place. In fact, every time he opens his mouth, words of wisdom flow out. He always has a logical point.

I'd argue that Shinra and his father are way worse cause they've blatently lied to Celty and kept things from her multiple times.

But yea, he wins best character with Shizuo a close second and then Masaomi. 

Best couple is Masaomi and Saki hands down. Their story was the most beautiful.

Worst characters are Anri and Seiji, worthless both of them.

Erika best girl.

If you're talking about 25 that's just bonus stuff, 24 is the real end of the series, but it's still worth watching. 

My response/end thoughts:

Why does everyone hate Izaya, as far as I can see, he hasn't done all that much wrong. He's not some horrible villain, just a guy who plays around with people a bit. Aside from the head thing, he hasn't really done much, and he wasn't even the one to take it from Celty in the first place. In fact, every time he opens his mouth, words of wisdom flow out. He always has a logical point.

I'd argue that Shinra and his father are way worse cause they've blatently lied to Celty and kept things from her multiple times.

But yea, he wins best character with Shizuo a close second and then Masaomi. 

Best couple is Masaomi and Saki hands down. Their story was the most beautiful.

Worst characters are Anri and Seiji, worthless both of them.

Erika best girl.

Izaya

I don't hate him myself. I was just saying I liked seeing him finally lose at something, take a hit.

I hit Dura a long while back, it was comedic and light for the most part which is why i can;t for the light of me get why they had to bring  gun into it. And i think the plot would have been better if Celti had stayed a mystery.

So when are you chaps having a next one of these? i want in

I hit Dura a long while back, it was comedic and light for the most part which is why i can;t for the light of me get why they had to bring  gun into it. And i think the plot would have been better if Celti had stayed a mystery.

Up to the last episode

You mean to tell me the gun wasn't comedic?

The guy thought he slipped, which is why he stopped moving!

Celty still has a mystery though, we have no idea what's up with her memories, or Shinra's father.

Up to the last episode

You mean to tell me the gun wasn't comedic?

The guy thought he slipped, which is why he stopped moving!

Celty still has a mystery though, we have no idea what's up with her memories, or Shinra's father.

I think you can piece together a little of Celti's memories if you have a bangin imagination. I watched the anime so long ago i can;t remember it in detail though but shinra's dad was the doctor on the boat right? 

I think you can piece together a little of Celti's memories if you have a bangin imagination. I watched the anime so long ago i can;t remember it in detail though but shinra's dad was the doctor on the boat right? 

Shinra's dad was the hilarious lab coat man with a gas mask. He was also the man on the boat, yes.

Once again, the next cycle will be starting in about a week.  

Shinra's dad was the hilarious lab coat man with a gas mask. He was also the man on the boat, yes.

We never did find out what is up with him.

Congrats on the 1500 posts btw 

Once again, the next cycle will be starting in about a week.  

Sweet, totally game for this. I just hope it isn't an anime that i've watched the shit out of already  :wahaha:

Is the side project for the seasonal anime going to happen as well and did you want me to organize it? 

Looks like it will.  I'm pounding out some details now.  For the mean time ladies and gents, enjoy this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jOLebp9Rb0&index=5&list=PLBF45965252DF8D2C

Looks like it will.  I'm pounding out some details now.  For the mean time ladies and gents, enjoy this:

I'm rather fond of this one

Valid point. I think i've been hanging around too many of those vampires we call politicians lately, i'm starting to suspect everybody. 

Better to be wary and look silly than be careless and get turned into a vampire.