Visual Novels/ Feelings

Vargas

For me VN'S are all about the feelings / emotions. I wouldn't read them if they don't transport the feelings well. If they slap them right into my face thats the best way ;) ... It isn't necessary to be some special kind of emotion. It just have to be intense and believable. The VN's that fits that description the most for me are Little Busters! (great intensity) and If my Heart had Wings (light hearted but intense in it own way). But there are a lot of other really good and emotional VN's outside and I hopefully will even find more.

It's probably Fate/stay night for me, I say probably because I finished it only yesterday, so I'm still under its spell :), though I didn't like Shirou too much, other characters were really interesting, learning Sakura's past was very sad and emotional, it made feel several emotions at the same time

Reading a story is about feeling it, you can't really enjoy a story without feeling emotions and attachment towards the characters in it

Well, even though Katawa Shoujo was my first, I can't say it's the VN that touched me the most deeply.  Yes, at the time it made me cry and feel warm and fuzzy inside when I got to the good ends, but the ones that really made me feel were Grisaia no Kajitsu and G-senjou no Maou.  G-senjou in particular stomped on my heart with its ending, and basically made me sob for a good 10 minutes after I finished it.

It's probably Fate/stay night for me, I say probably because I finished it only yesterday, so I'm still under its spell :), though I didn't like Shirou too much, other characters were really interesting, learning Sakura's past was very sad and emotional, it made feel several emotions at the same time

Reading a story is about feeling it, you can't really enjoy a story without feeling emotions and attachment towards the characters in it

Well, even though Katawa Shoujo was my first, I can't say it's the VN that touched me the most deeply.  Yes, at the time it made me cry and feel warm and fuzzy inside when I got to the good ends, but the ones that really made me feel were Grisaia no Kajitsu and G-senjou no Maou.  G-senjou in particular stomped on my heart with its ending, and basically made me sob for a good 10 minutes after I finished it.

That's not too surprising; a lot of the people that liked F/sn hated Shirou.  He's kinda annoying, at least if you can't get past his ideals, which I couldn't.

In terms of feeling, I'll have to go with G-Senjou no Maou.

It was the first that I finished, and unless you don't have a heart, you'll be crying like the little kid you are after finishing it.

Yea that vn was another one that made me cry, Grisaia no Kajitsu did alot to me other then feelings. Can't wait for the next translated vn of it to finish :D

Yea that vn was another one that made me cry, Grisaia no Kajitsu did alot to me other then feelings. Can't wait for the next translated vn of it to finish :D

You're probably in for a long wait, then.  The translator of Kajitsu, koestl, is helping Sekai with translating their version (mostly using his own, and probably improving on his own work), so he won't be making any progress on Meikyuu until he finishes both that and a VN he's helping to officially translate called Ourai no Gahkthun.  He's probably going to be busy for at least a year, and there's a possibility that Sekai might pick up Meikyuu if Kajitsu sells well on Steam.

You're probably in for a long wait, then.  The translator of Kajitsu, koestl, is helping Sekai with translating their version (mostly using his own, and probably improving on his own work), so he won't be making any progress on Meikyuu until he finishes both that and a VN he's helping to officially translate called Ourai no Gahkthun.  He's probably going to be busy for at least a year, and there's a possibility that Sekai might pick up Meikyuu if Kajitsu sells well on Steam.

That looks good. Going to watch out for that.

In terms of feeling, I'll have to go with G-Senjou no Maou.

It was the first that I finished, and unless you don't have a heart, you'll be crying like the little kid you are after finishing it.

Ouch, that hurts, man.  :ph34r:

In my case, it is Grisaia no Kajitsu, Sachi's route. It's probably the closest vn that almost made me cry. And I didn't cry because I held up my tears, since my family was around and it would be really awkward if they asked me why am I crying.

That letter, man. THAT DAMN LETTER.

Ouch, that hurts, man.  :ph34r:

In my case, it is Grisaia no Kajitsu, Sachi's route. It's probably the closest vn that almost made me cry. And I didn't cry because I held up my tears, since my family was around and it would be really awkward if they asked me why am I crying.

That letter, man. THAT DAMN LETTER.

I guess you don't have one.

Deal with it Roach. 8D

The Nagisa/After Story route in Clannad is one of the few visual novel moments that hit me right in the feels. Definitely an experience i wont forget anytime soon.

--

Another honorable mention i would like to add, is Saya no Uta. Now, whilst it most certainly is different from Clannad in terms of content and story, it left a similar impression on me. The endings in particular were both sad/bittersweet and impactful, contrasting well with it's rather dark and macabre themes, which i loved. That, coupled with great writing and an excellent soundtrack makes it one of the best Visual Novels i have had the pleasure of reading.

That's not too surprising; a lot of the people that liked F/sn hated Shirou.  He's kinda annoying, at least if you can't get past his ideals, which I couldn't.

Exactly that! But I'm in love with Saber, so I can't even notice Shirou anymore. Goodbye 3D world... I'll miss you

I also uploaded my VNDB if anyone hasn't played these.

Is Shuffle! good?

I often feel I get too attatched to the story/characters in VN at times and feel upset when the whole thing is over :( It might be because I'm fairly new to them (compared to most), for example 999 really got to me and

I was crying at some points like in the Safe Ending and sudoku part

I also almost cried during

Luna's ending in VLR, and parts of Sora in Ever 17

I long to have a strong, warm relationship with someone like some of the characters in VN do :(

I just finished Tomoyo After (took about 2-3 days)...

That ending... made me want to remove the VN ASAP from my computer. I doubt I'll replay it, though it's not that it was bad. It was a GREAT Visual Novel. The somewhat 'cryptic' messages that hinted about the overall story came together well at the ending to make it good, yet for me, something I wouldn't want to read again.

It was good, but the feelings were too heavy for me.

I just finished Tomoyo After (took about 2-3 days)...

That ending... made me want to remove the VN ASAP from my computer. I doubt I'll replay it, though it's not that it was bad. It was a GREAT Visual Novel. The somewhat 'cryptic' messages that hinted about the overall story came together well at the ending to make it good, yet for me, something I wouldn't want to read again.

It was good, but the feelings were too heavy for me.

I feel Tomoya deserved a better ending especially after all the hardships he's been through... I'd say even the same for Tomoyo. Even if she "eternally" loved him, I wouldn't believe she would say she was actually be "happy" with how things ended up.

Not saying a fairy tale ending was needed, but even the "bad" endings could be a better fate than the cards they were dealt with.