First visual novel? Pure romance story

RedWings01

As with Mr. Meogii and many others, my first visual novel was Katawa Shoujo as well, and I believe (though subjectively, I suppose :P) that it could make a good first. The Western perspective of Japanese culture makes things a little more friendly to those who don't want to immediately immerse themselves in the nuances of typical visual novels. Also, in terms of categorization, it is indeed very much focused upon romance, with sides of comedy and such like Clannad.

As with Mr. Meogii and many others, my first visual novel was Katawa Shoujo as well, and I believe (though subjectively, I suppose :P) that it could make a good first. 

Same here, Katawa Shoujo started my VN life and i believe it's a great starter for anyone who wants to get into VNs. Seconding if my heart had wings, Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakare no Aji and Katawa Shoujo

Wow, katawa shoujo is really popular huh? I guess it's because it's free and is english ready. My first VN was true love. Yeah DOS game for the record! I stumble this game while searching for an H-game (specifically flash games). I really like the game play where in you hone your stats (you are to choose which activity you will do in morning, afternoon, evening to improve your intelligence, fashion, strength, or fatigue) and these things will decide which heroine you will end-up. I hope a visual novel will revive this game-play.

One of my first memorable VN experiences is possibly Jesus: Kyofu No Bio Monster. Yes, it exists. It had a sequel, too.

If we're looking for recommendations: by pure romance, do you mean nukige? Do You Like Horny Bunnies. The only nukige I'll ever recommend. I'd also recommend Kingdom (Of Love) through what I heard from a friend on his playthrough of the game, is a gameplay-style dating sim. It's fairly annoying and somewhat confusing. You might still like it, though, so try it out.

Hey guys, my first post :P

Wanting to try out some visual novels. I want a pure romance story kind of like clannad. Some comedy would be nice and I want a gripping story that makes you feel for the characters.

Thanks guys.

I would advise  you Little Busters! & If my Heart had Wings ... Maybe only because they are my favourites but I also think they would fit you very well. Especially the bold one describe Little Busters! extremely well. But like always thats only my humble opinion ;).

Greetz