Sony To Host A Press Conference For PlayStation On September 1st

Stray Cat

Define backwards compatibility.

Emulated? Sure, definitely possible, but why when they can just put games on PS Now?

Everything else won't happen since the hardware isn't there - the early PS3s that still had proper backward compatibility came with a full-blown PS2 built-in.

Then again, having it run an emulator would mean it can probably be reverse-engineered to make better third-party emulators...

What about PS1 and PS2 games?

There is some good news, though. Sony is reportedly working on native emulation for PS1 and PS2 games in the PS4. This means you won’t need to use PlayStation Now to play your very old games, and will be able to simply put the disc in your PS4.
This rumour comes from Ashan Rasheed, an ‘industry insider’. However, it is certainly nothing more than a rumour at this point.

Rasheed says that the PS4 will be able to run older games at 1080p resolution too, rather than the much lower native resolutions of the older consoles – most PS1 games are designed to run at 240 x 320 resolution. This won’t mean 20-year-old will suddenly look fresh, but it will reduce the ‘jagginess’ in polygons in these older games. 

got this from here

Not like i wouldnt hope for it, would be very nice.

but seems very unlikely to me.

personally i would hope for a new handheld. wich is even more unlikely.

Sony, bring us your JOLED screens (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻ 

I could possibly see the Vita 3000 announced for next year. 

I'm betting it will just be Japanese games for the announcement but we'll see.  My question though is why not just wait a month for TGS if it's only games?

Announce a conference > Don't explain anything about it > Make people really curious > Get more attention/views > Profit?

Marketing~

and people who cant afford the subscriprion fees can play their old games

If you don't have a PS Plus you are missing out on so many things.

I love free games. I got a lot of free games that I don't need to purchase games any longer. Plus I get discounts.

Anyways, the features are great.

I look forward to the news conference.

If you don't have a PS Plus you are missing out on so many things.

I love free games. I got a lot of free games that I don't need to purchase games any longer. Plus I get discounts.

Free games by paying a monthly fee

Hmm.. 

Nope this is not a definition for "free" included in the English Oxford Dictionary

Adjective

3. Not subject to engagements or obligations

5. Given or available without charge

Adverb:

1. Without cost or payment

PS: Yes I know the amount of money is a nice bargain for the benefits it actually gives off, but it's definintely not "free".

Free games by paying a monthly fee

Hmm.. 

Nope this is not a definition for "free" included in the English Oxford Dictionary

PS: Yes I know the amount of money is a nice bargain for the benefits it actually gives off, but it's definintely not "free".

50 USD a year. That's going to hurt your wallet? ..... Well I can understand that some people have circumstances. Let me pull out my PS Vita and name what games I have on it.

My PS3/PS4 and my account have a lot of games - a lot of games.

Final Fantasy Tactics

Gravity Rush

Starwars: Pinball

GTA: Liberty City

Murasama Rebirth (lol shit I got this on PS3 too!)

BlazBlue EX

METAL SLUG XX

Surge Deluxe

Monster Ultimate HD

Stealth Inc.

Monster Hunter

^ First PSVita Memory Card ... don't feel like loading the second one.

-opens up PS Store, includes PS3/PS4-

FEZ

Road Not Taken (PS4?)

Proteus

Metrico

Crysis 3

Dragon's Crown

Doki-Doki Universe

TowerFall Ascension

you know what ... fuck it, I'm making a quick video.

Link. In less than 3 minutes it should be in full 1080p. Hatsune Miku and FFXIII packs I purchased myself. Everything else = free.

Edit - forgot to mention something. Obviously you lose everything if you unsubscribe or you don't renew. But really, for 50 USD a year? That's a killer. I've been a PS Plus for two years now and I've stacked a lot of games. I missed 3 more pages in that video but that's okay.

50 USD a year. That's going to hurt your wallet? ..... Well I can understand that some people have circumstances. Let me pull out my PS Vita and name what games I have on it.

My PS3/PS4 and my account have a lot of games - a lot of games.

Final Fantasy Tactics

Gravity Rush

Starwars: Pinball

GTA: Liberty City

Murasama Rebirth (lol shit I got this on PS3 too!)

BlazBlue EX

METAL SLUG XX

Surge Deluxe

Monster Ultimate HD

Stealth Inc.

Monster Hunter

^ First PSVita Memory Card ... don't feel like loading the second one.

-opens up PS Store, includes PS3/PS4-

FEZ

Road Not Taken (PS4?)

Proteus

Metrico

Crysis 3

Dragon's Crown

Doki-Doki Universe

TowerFall Ascension

you know what ... fuck it, I'm making a quick video.

Link. In less than 3 minutes it should be in full 1080p. Hatsune Miku and FFXIII packs I purchased myself. Everything else = free.

Edit - forgot to mention something. Obviously you lose everything if you unsubscribe or you don't renew. But really, for 50 USD a year? That's a killer. I've been a PS Plus for two years now and I've stacked a lot of games. I missed 3 more pages in that video but that's okay.

The point is, it's not free if you're paying for it.  You're technically only getting getting a license to play said games as long as you keep paying, so really, the licenses are a part of your subscription to PS Plus.  Even if you got to keep them, you still would've technically paid for the games.  Sony and Microsoft just want people to think that they're getting free games, but it's still from a paid service.  Think of it like a complementary beverage on a flight.  The soda isn't really free.

Aaaaaanyway...still interested in the press conference, even though I only have a 360 and a PS2.  I'm all for new IPs, even if I can't play them.

• 2 weeks later...

From SONY I only ask that they dump a bunch of games both original ones and localizations for the VITA. I want the VITA to have more love. The good news is that Freedom Wars is coming to the west.

Oh, yes. Give the unloved child more love.

Otherwise they snap and kill everyone in the family

I think the gaming community in general wants this.  As well was the ability to actually buy the console in stores. 

Well, they're at least launching a new bundle in Europe...

...I'll buy that: it looks pretty awesome (for a Vita bundle)!

Source:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/08/21/ps-vita-adventure-mega-pack-bundle-coming-autumn/