Have you ever wondered how some character names are thought of?

Chewy

Well wen u get some name in japanese and they attempt to make it sound cool and exotic either makin long aas names or try to use English and it completely backfires and u wonder y the hell did they use such a dumb name

but still u also got the superbly long jap names dat r meant to enhance how cool they sond but come out as tongue tsisters and have a more negative effect

6bbLSRY.jpg

This long enough to be cool?

Doesn't names in japanese usually have some kind of meaning behind? I wonder if they just pick a cool name or put somekind of meaning to reflect the character personality.

In american comics they usually pick names that are easy to remember and sound in a certain way, like Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, Louis Lane, Peter Parker and others , I wonder if they use this kind of idea in anime, manga and VN.

I think the only name I've though much about was Kudryavka, nobody would name their daughter that - it's a dog's name through and through. :P Of course, there's significance in it in that it's one of the names given to the first dog in space, and it makes it really easy to find Kud-related things, but that doesn't change the fact that nobody in their right mind would name their daughter that.

I think the only name I've though much about was Kudryavka, nobody would name their daughter that - it's a dog's name through and through. :P Of course, there's significance in it in that it's one of the names given to the first dog in space, and it makes it really easy to find Kud-related things, but that doesn't change the fact that nobody in their right mind would name their daughter that.

Dude you are mistaken, I know a guy called Patrocinio (in English this mean Sponsor).

6bbLSRY.jpg

This long enough to be cool?

well guess so

Well names can come from anything. I mean I know someone named Echo. Chances are people name things for the sake of naming things.

well im not sure parents b like
"Superbula sounds cool and great"
"yea lets use it coz i felt like it

Like "Black Dragon Richard Mason Harold De Dion Plimm Stuart Kazuaki the third"? :P

exactly wat i meant Edited by Down
Triple post

Okay dude, second warning here. Kendjin tells you to not double post and you triple post in a span of 5 minutes?

Also please write in decent english: complete words and punctuation.

o so dats triple postin i didnt realise i thought it wuz smthin else its my first time on forums i did it accidently in another post as well excuse the newbie dis time

• 2 weeks later...