Yumiko Sakaki route praise thread?

I'm going to put this in spoiler text so I can point everything out, 

First of all, the Bodyguard spiel could have been handled better it felt like something out of a Shouen, the entire Ichigaya trailing Yuuji and Yumiko seemed rather half assed, while the flash back was good it was't great Angelic Howl handled the flash back much better, as did Makina's route, the chasing down a plane and throwing a frozen turkey at a Jet Engine was also just stupid, I mean it wasn't all bad, at least it was better than a fake tsundere, shitty pretend dating, a dead cat, and a split personality that gets reduced to a imaginary friend in the sequels thing so there is that.

To each their own I guess, Michiru's plot devices may have not been the best, but I don't think it was all that bad. On another note, Amane really gives H-scenes left and right huh, i'm already through 3 out of 5.

I'm going to put this in spoiler text so I can point everything out, 

First of all, the Bodyguard spiel could have been handled better it felt like something out of a Shouen, the entire Ichigaya trailing Yuuji and Yumiko seemed rather half assed, while the flash back was good it was't great Angelic Howl handled the flash back much better, as did Makina's route, the chasing down a plane and throwing a frozen turkey at a Jet Engine was also just stupid, I mean it wasn't all bad, at least it was better than a fake tsundere, shitty pretend dating, a dead cat, and a split personality that gets reduced to a imaginary friend in the sequels thing so there is that.

The route might have been sucky but our yumiko sure as hell was not XD

To each their own I guess, Michiru's plot devices may have not been the best, but I don't think it was all that bad. On another note, Amane really gives H-scenes left and right huh, i'm already through 3 out of 5.

iirc all of her hscenes are before Angelic Howl kicks off which once it does It was for me easily the most enjoyable route in the entire VN

iirc all of her hscenes are before Angelic Howl kicks off which once it does It was for me easily the most enjoyable route in the entire VN

Angelic howl has been pretty hyped to me so I'm looking forward to it, but I'm scared of the feels. I just hope it isn't like Makina's good end, I raged a bit about that. I liked Makina's route but that end.

I never said I disliked Yumiko. I was just pointing out that her route wasn't the best, Her route was definitely better than Michiru's maybe even better than Sachi's but imo Compared to Seeds of the World Tree (Makina's) and Angelic Howl (Amane's) it was just disappointing.

I think Amane's route needs to be played first to be fully appreciated. Some of the game's more serious theme music was just made for her route.

The part where she and Kazuki runs away, that theme made the whole scene haunting and beautiful.

Played in the other routes cheapens them.

I think Amane's route needs to be played first to be fully appreciated. Some of the game's more serious theme music was just made for her route.

The part where she and Kazuki runs away, that theme made the whole scene haunting and beautiful.

Played in the other routes cheapens them.

Well not to be disrespectful crunchy but I find that argument so-so, for example in F/SN I found that the Kierunai Omoi track from the VN OST fully fitted Unlimited Blade Works, but that doesn't mean it cannot be as good in other routes.

Well not to be disrespectful crunchy but I find that argument so-so, for example in F/SN I found that the Kierunai Omoi track from the VN OST fully fitted Unlimited Blade Works, but that doesn't mean it cannot be as good in other routes.

It's just an opinion. There's no right or wrong, but I feel there's a bigger gap in tonality and consistency in each route in Grisaia than there was in F:SN. Some routes were made specifically to appeal to a specific emotion, like Michiru where comedy is more abundant; Sachi's anguish; and Amane's is desperation. So in the same vein, I believe that the music played a large role in suiting those emotions into what fit and what didn't. E.g. they used the same theme music for one of Amane's more serious moment, while reusing the same theme for a comedic part in Michiru's route. 

F:SN's Kierunai Omoi played appropriately during all the flashbacks and drew similar emotions for me in each. 

It's just an opinion. There's no right or wrong, but I feel there's a bigger gap in tonality and consistency in each route in Grisaia than there was in F:SN. Some routes were made specifically to appeal to a specific emotion, like Michiru where comedy is more abundant; Sachi's anguish; and Amane's is desperation. So in the same vein, I believe that the music played a large role in suiting those emotions into what fit and what didn't. E.g. they used the same theme music for one of Amane's more serious moment, while reusing the same theme for a comedic part in Michiru's route. 

F:SN's Kierunai Omoi played appropriately during all the flashbacks and drew similar emotions for me in each. 

Point taken, I was under the impression that you mentioned that even in similar toned situations that the ost was more fiting for Amane's route, seems like I somewhat misunderstood your argument.

EDIT: Damn that Amane 4th H-scene, I don't usually enjoy h-scenes a great deal, but, apart from Makina's scenes due to the obvious comedy ensued, it was the first h-scene that I actually enjoyed reading.

well you know a good character doesn't always stand for a good for a good route and sadly yumiko's route was very disappointing in a lot of ways

Point taken, I was under the impression that you mentioned that even in similar toned situations that the ost was more fiting for Amane's route, seems like I somewhat misunderstood your argument.

EDIT: Damn that Amane 4th H-scene, I don't usually enjoy h-scenes a great deal, but, apart from Makina's scenes due to the obvious comedy ensued, it was the first h-scene that I actually enjoyed reading.

She has the most scenes in the game. I think the writer really enjoyed making her scenes.

Yumikos' were my favorite but in terms of memory, Michirus' probably burned in my mind the most. *brrr*

She has the most scenes in the game. I think the writer really enjoyed making her scenes.

Yumikos' were my favorite but in terms of memory, Michirus' probably burned in my mind the most. *brrr*

Heck I just finished her last h-scene and although I can see that they are driven somewhat from a sense of desperation, at least that's what it seems to me, I think they are one of the best h-scenes I've ever seen and like I said before I don't particularly enjoy them all that much. Damn nigga.

Edit:

right after the H-scene I get the past foreshadowing "cockroach" thing, I'm just going to fo something else now and brace myself for feels, I'm sensing them.

One of the funny things with Makina & Amane is that they both urinate in their H-Scene, it's a fetish of Fujisaki. (writer of the common route, Amane route and Makina route)

I found their H-scenes to be the best, even though I'm not a "watersports" fan. Coincidence, I think not.

Heck I just finished her last h-scene and although I can see that they are driven somewhat from a sense of desperation, at least that's what it seems to me, I think they are one of the best h-scenes I've ever seen and like I said before I don't particularly enjoy them all that much. Damn nigga.

Edit:

right after the H-scene I get the past foreshadowing "cockroach" thing, I'm just going to fo something else now and brace myself for feels, I'm sensing them.

you just got into the interesting stuff man brace yourself

One of the funny things with Makina & Amane is that they both urinate in their H-Scene, it's a fetish of Fujisaki. (writer of the common route, Amane route and Makina route)

i can never understand japan when it comes to urine in H-scenes

you just got into the interesting stuff man brace yourself

i can never understand japan when it comes to urine in H-scenes

Brace myself, I will. I'm just going to workout a bit, take a bath then immerse myself in this route. I'm also not too fond of that kind of thing myself.

Edit:

Oh I didn't mean that kind of desperation. Although I believed she was desperate at first too. 

You're finally into the meat of the story congrats and meeting one of my favorite Loli Oneechans. 

Oh I didn't mean that kind of desperation. Although I believed she was desperate at first too. 

You're finally into the meat of the story congrats and meeting one of my favorite Loli Oneechans. 

What I meant with desperation was the desperation of affirming herself(?) I think, at least that's what it seemed to me. I can't explain it very well, it's kind of like a mixture of desperation, anxiety and insecurity. I might be completely off mark, but that's what it felt like to me.

What I meant with desperation was the desperation of affirming herself(?) I think, at least that's what it seemed to me. I can't explain it very well, it's kind of like a mixture of desperation, anxiety and insecurity. I might be completely off mark, but that's what it felt like to me.

Ah.

I'll tell you this, I came out of Amane's route with total respect for her, both her bad and good ends. Especially her bad end though.