Fan TLers: How can we help you?

Tay

The Fan TL section of the forums is often used, and analytics going back a long way show that many of you who frequent this section never look into the rest of the forums and rarely post in the Fuwanovel Improvements board. That's fine -- keep up the good work! You'll have to excuse the interruption, however, because today I'm taking the improvements board to you.

I'd like to know what sorts of things would be helpful for you fan translator groups. Are there problems with the forums in this section that can be fixed? Would finding somebody to post recruitment requests for your groups on VNAer help? Do you have ideas for improvements that would benefit you/others?

Please help me know what you need, or what would be helpful.

The forums we've got going on do make working pretty easy, all things considered. Just a random idea that came to mind would be to have a "job" section to post recruitment requests in general, instead of posting it on a current forum or creating a new one. I haven't given the idea a tremendous amount of thought, but it could be pretty useful to be able to just post job recruitments somewhere.

As for somebody posting recruitment request on VNAer, how exactly would that work?

Alerts when someone quotes you or posts on your thread.

That's already a thing. Enter your profile, click "edit profile", go to "notification options" and select whatever you'd like to recieve notifications for. Whenever you're notified, it will appear in that bell-like item right besides your personal messages.

That's already a thing. Enter your profile, click "edit profile", go to "notification options" and select whatever you'd like to recieve notifications for. Whenever you're notified, it will appear in that bell-like item right besides your personal messages.

Thanks

The forums we've got going on do make working pretty easy, all things considered. Just a random idea that came to mind would be to have a "job" section to post recruitment requests in general, instead of posting it on a current forum or creating a new one. I haven't given the idea a tremendous amount of thought, but it could be pretty useful to be able to just post job recruitments somewhere.

As for somebody posting recruitment request on VNAer, how exactly would that work?

Or what about... Kind of like the (Pinned) Skills Volunteer thread, except it'll be a (Pinned) Job Recruitment thread.  It would be nice if the projects recruiting positions could post on that single thread (VN/job/requirements/difficulty level/etc.) and they can edit it when they are no longer looking. That way, Volunteers could easily see what's available to work on, and volunteer for VN job positions they'd like to help with.  It'd just be a nice optional way, if the Volunteer wants to look for something that interests them instead of waiting for replies and having to decline if they aren't interested in a suggested project.

It may be easier to look through instead of going through each project name in the Volunteer section, and not being sure whether its still actively looking for people.

something like this. "updated" would need to have a timer so it automatically disappears after maybe a week or 3 days or somethign like that. They should all have that function, actually.

Jh4Veyz.png

I also like this idea. And when you press on those tags, it'll show up all the projects "Recruiting (job)" specifically.  Definitely would make it easier to look through projects actively looking for that certain position.

Or what about... Kind of like the (Pinned) Skills Volunteer thread, except it'll be a (Pinned) Job Recruitment thread.  It would be nice if the projects recruiting positions could post on that single thread (VN/job/requirements/difficulty level/etc.) and they can edit it when they are no longer looking. That way, Volunteers could easily see what's available to work on, and volunteer for VN job positions they'd like to help with.  It'd just be a nice optional way, if the Volunteer wants to look for something that interests them instead of waiting for replies and having to decline if they aren't interested in a suggested project.

It may be easier to look through instead of going through each project name in the Volunteer section, and not being sure whether its still actively looking for people.

That would be pretty cool as well as pretty easy. I've personally been looking for a couple TL Checkers for a bit but the only people that would know that are the ones that read SKM related forums. 

I also like this idea. And when you press on those tags, it'll show up all the projects "Recruiting (job)" specifically.  Definitely would make it easier to look through projects actively looking for that certain position.

What about you do it like this:

Say, there are 3 open positions: TL, Edit, and QC.

There'll be one tag for each, and:

2 or more positions available: Green

1 Position Available: Yellow

No Positions Available: Red/Grey

Color coding would mean there would be less clutter and no need to click on the tags. For 2+ spaces, it could be done in the form of "TL'ers: 2/5" (i. e. There were 5 positions available, but only 2 spaces are left.)