DESTINY game beta

Blizzard884

I'll be on ps3 if I every feel like downloading the beta (I have piss poor internet so if its a huge dl I probably cant be assed).

Once it launches tho i'll be on ps4. Got that white ps4/destiny bundle preordered on amazon. Same day delivery when the game launches too.

I'm interested in the game, but not enough to pre-order just to play the beta.  I have a 360, so I might get it for it in the near future if it gets good reviews.  I'm a little wary of pre-ordering games; Rage was a bit of a letdown, IMO, and I've only pre-ordered BioShock Infinite since then.  Let me know how the beta is, okay?  Still excited about it, just wary of what I'm spending my money on.

I'm interested in the game, but not enough to pre-order just to play the beta. 

Preorder>get beta code>cancel preorder....also the code you get from preordering will give you 3 beta codes to redeem. 1 for you and 2 for friends.

Preorder>get beta code>cancel preorder....also the code you get from preordering will give you 3 beta codes to redeem. 1 for you and 2 for friends.

??? i did preorder game about 7 months ago, but code i get allowed me to redeem only one code. 

by the way i will play it on Xbox 360 (only paying live because of destiny, all gaming is done on PC now :) )

??? i did preorder game about 7 months ago, but code i get allowed me to redeem only one code. 

by the way i will play it on Xbox 360 (only paying live because of destiny, all gaming is done on PC now :) )

Im bad with words and explaining things....uhhh....the code you get from preordering you redeem on the destiny website, and tomorrow bungie will give you 3 codes which will give you beta access.

We get three codes?

You get three codes. When your wave for the Beta begins, we’ll be equipping you with a Fireteam. Share those codes with your friends. Approach people on the street, and invite them to become legend. Spend some quality time catching up with your Mom in Old Russia.

Will that let me get the money back I have to spend to pre-order it, or will I just be spending $5 bucks for a few beta keys?  I'm okay with that, I'm just wondering.

Will that let me get the money back I have to spend to pre-order it, or will I just be spending $5 bucks for a few beta keys?  I'm okay with that, I'm just wondering.

If you do it thru amazon you dont get charged until the item ships.

Edit: But you get the code to redeem on the bungie website almost immediately after preordering.

Mmm... my first thought is that the pulse rifle sucks.  It looks like it is supposed to be a compromise between the single-shot scout rifle and the auto rifle... but it generally doesn't do as good of damage as either (when it has the same damage stat).  The fusion rifle is my favorite of the special weapons... because it is perfect for taking out groups of enemies in a straight line, despite the way it has to build up before it shoots.  They are going to need to do some fine-tuning on some of the weapons, before the main release.

My second thought is that they are making the same mistake every multiplayer experience does with story... not giving any details. 

My third thought is that grenades are worthless, pretty much.  I was surprised how pathetic the damage they do is, especially when you compare it to the super abilities and heavy weapons. 

The enemy AI resembles that of an MMO, except a bit simpler.  If you have a fire team on a large boss, it is quite possible to simply draw its fire by hitting it a few times, which is helpful when one of your other teammates is heading to resurrect another.

Damage adjustment for enemy levels is too extreme.  I can already see the balance of this game going down the toilet at early levels.  Too often, it takes me forever to take down a regular enemy of the same level with bullets or even melee attacks.  For a 'run and gun' game, this is a critical failure, even with the ability to purchase ever more powerful weapons.  This might or might not be solved as you get better weapons later on, but it does leave me a bit worried, nonetheless.

Well i love the game a lot. is true that is missing some story but is only a beta so we need to wait and see. In my opinion is a little similar to Defiance.

I only play as Hunter and i don't even wanna try another class.(Will stick with hunter forever :] )

Sniper rifles in game are awesome, some optics allow me to shoot at super distance and killing enemies with critical hits all the time without being discovered (nice if you wanna make some good points and play as true "HUNTER").

For Indoor i really like special edition of basic hunter rifle and for close quarters shotgun, knife, hand cannon. 

Really hate that only place with shops, etc... is Tower. Hope in full game we will be able to walk and explore that last save city on earth. 

Specially like in beta one area, which is pitch black and without ghost light will be impossible to even navigate.

To Summarize It:  I love the game a lot and can't wait for full version. 

Man, they need to fix the co-op missions.  When all of the players die, they respawn at a checkpoint, but don't get the ammo they had at the checkpoint back.  Me and one other guy (the third guy left half-way through) spent at least an hour and a half beating the only available co-op mission (around 1 hour to take out the Devil Walker, and 30 minutes for Sepiks Prime).  We basically ran out of every ammo type except for primary weapons, and had to whittle down the bosses with grenades and class abilities, and take out their minions for the possibility of getting more ammo for our other guns.  We also had to hide behind cover when we weren't scrounging for bullets or using our abilities, since the bosses could almost 1-hit us.  Devil Walkers OP.

The enemy levels will decrease when players leave to make it more fair, but still, it was so difficult that I was tempted to rage quit; the only reason I didn't was because then I would have wasted all that time, and I would have screwed over my co-op partner.  I wouldn't try the co-op mission unless you know everyone in your group and can talk with each other.

I got stuck for about forty minutes on the Devil Walker.  You have to hit the plates over its legs until they blow off, then hit the next one.  That is the fastest way to take it down other than hitting it at a critical point (like the exhaust vent on top between the neck plates).  Ammo was a problem, but it was doable if you killed off the enemies that periodically spawned and collected whatever they dropped (it was usually primary ammo, but that's more than enough for whittling). 

Overhyped game with nothing else except graphics, which tries to be a hollywood movie. I've already seen enough gameplay previews to know where is this going; expect ten games in the franchise over the next 5 years. I guess all the marvelous concept art and designs went to waste.

More likely, they'll just create dozens of add-ons, charging five dollars a piece, for about five years, whereupon they'll put out a slightly upgraded version of the same game up as Destiny 2. 

Overhyped game with nothing else except graphics, which tries to be a hollywood movie. I've already seen enough gameplay previews to know where is this going; expect ten games in the franchise over the next 5 years. I guess all the marvelous concept art and designs went to waste.

I dunno, the combat was pretty smooth IMO.  I played as a Hunter, and getting into close combat and hitting an enemy in the head with a throwing knife before double jumping away to headshot the remaining peons was pretty satisfying.

I barely saw any loot chests, though, and PvP was a little too fast-paced for my tastes.  The story could use some fleshing out, too, but it's not a terrible game.