DESTINY game beta

Blizzard884

More likely, they'll just create dozens of add-ons, charging five dollars a piece, for about five years, whereupon they'll put out a slightly upgraded version of the same game up as Destiny 2. 

That sounds disturbingly realistic...

The story could use some fleshing out, too, but it's not a terrible game.

The story felt very....awkward to say the least. I really really hope its because it was a beta and they are trying not to spoil anything from the storyline but between levels 1-8  your character says 11 words (sidenote: im pretty sure they said they increased the speed at which your character levels for the beta)....Not to mention your ghost finds you dead, in the middle of nowhere and says you have been dead a long time so presumably your body was just bones (unless your the robot race) and yet you dont ask a single question as to wtf is going on and why you arnt dead anymore?

I guess I was just expecting your character to be more like Master Chief or Commander Shepard....The stories seem to revolve around them, but in Destiny you feel kinda thrown into the middle of things and not all too important, atleast in the content we've seen.

On the gameplay side of things, I had a blast. The gunplay was fun, responsive and smooth. I thought it was gonna be pretty meh but it surprised me.

I tried out pvp and did decently well (28-8 or so in the 3 games I played, heavy machine gun OP) but Idk if I will do more, I just really hate using a controller. im playing more for the storyline and openworld/exploration aspect. If I want to pvp in an fps i'll just go play CS:GO or one of the many other FPS' I have on my steam account.

So....story in beta made it at least interesting. it definitely seems like its not gonna be a really strong story driven game, and is gonna focus on the multiplayer part of it all. The story isnt bad, so it will be enjoyable to play through it all, especially if you play through it with others just for fun, but the explore parts with missions and such that get harder when more players join the world was where i had a lot of PvE fun. Being lvl 6, with a bunch of others around me so that all the aliens were lvl 9 made all the fights that much more intense. PvE was fun, story missions were intersting if not the best for single player, and PvP was fun in Beta but easily became stale since ther was only 1 game mode, and even the 26th limited pvp was the same, only difference was rep bonus. if the other PvP modes actually add new modes and such then this could be an awesome game for both pvp and pve......we shall see