Hello Everyone!

Madoka

(This will be a essay post so just skip through bits if you want, i wouldn't blame you :) )

Hiya everyone, im Madoka, i never do well with introductions so i will just fire right into it. I have been using this site for around a month now and just signed up to the forums as i like being a part of communities to sites i use frequently. Im a huge fan of visual novels and though i admit i probably haven't read even a fraction of the amount of some people here i have really enjoyed the ones i have read. My all time favourite will probably have to go to Rewrite, like a large amount of visual novel fans i am a huge fan of Key visual arts and though i love all their games i think the best (and my favourite outside them) goes to Rewrite as it just was so enjoyable for me and i found my self sat up until 2-3am (when i needed to be up only hours later) playing. I am also a huge fan of the Infinity series (from KID), i am currently playing Remember 11 on that note which is amazing, only on my first play but it's great, i hear it's ending is a little meh but the game thus far is putting Ever 17 to shame (and trust me, i loved that game).

As for me myself, im now 22 (just), probably been playing visual novels for 3-4years, only played a few as i never had much time and at one point forgot them (how sad i know), as i work 2 part time jobs now i have more free time as i usually finish work by 4pm (home for 5 ^.^) so i try to squeeze in a few hours every day now to keep playing.

Being a huge anime fan (seriously i love anime xD) it comes as no surprise that my first visual novel was Clannad, great game but i admit it's not amoungst my favourites (even for key i liked Planetarium and Little busters more, of course and Rewrite) but it was great, along side it i started playing Yume Miru Kusuri, quite oppisites i know but i guess this was the first proper adult style game (eroge i guess) i played, though in a sense it was a lot more serious and kind of twisted on Aeka's route it was also a window to a new world, clannad was a nice opening to good stories but this was real great for me, a dose of reality (maybe a bit far but still) made it real interesting, granted like many it put a little too much into the adult stuff but that doesn't matter i guess.

As said i guess favourite series goes to the Infinity series by KID (shame they aren't around no more) as though i love any good game i think the writing stlye of Never 7, Ever 17 and (thus far) Remember 11 is just something my mind loves.

As said i haven't played as many as most but here is a list of some (i can remember) i have played (i didn't know of vndb when i first started playing and forgot to update it a lot so some are missing what i have played):

40 Nichi 40 Yoru Ame (40 days & nights of Rain) - a decent story, short but quite good at the genre it went for

Air - just played it recently, good fun, really enjoyed the past arc

Clannad - was fun and after just watching the anime, much better, loved being able to play other routes and the light intergration was a nice feature.

Crescendo ~Eien Dato Omotte Ita Ano Koro~ - i loved this game when i first played it, it was one of my first so yeah now it's a average but still good game

Ef- A Fairy tale of the two - good game but at times i got a little side tracked, i think i got into the anime more.

Eien no Aselia -The spirit of the eternity sword- (Aselia the eternal) - fun gameplay and enjoyed the story/horoines

Ever 17 -the out of infinity- - amazing game i played for months back when i first tried it, love it

Gadget trial - fun gameplay but that's all it is, also gets kind of easy when you figgure out how things work.

Kanon - loved it

Little busters - real fun and the stories was amazing (much better than the anime), loved refrain arc (and Rin/Kud <3)

Never 7 - oddly i played this after ever 17 (didn't know they was related) but it doesn't matter, decent story, i wont say as good as it's future works but very great non the less.

My girlfriend is the president - fun laughs for me here, especially as i took the game on holiday when with the family (didn't realise it was so much on the eroge part) so hiding playing was even more fun at the time :3 Still some great comedy.

Piece of wonder - i remember enjoying it when i played it but never built the resolve to replay it after beating it all so maybe not much replay value

Planeterium - if there is a under rated game it's this, amazing game i got hooked into, finished it in a single day and played it again right after i just loved it.

Rewrite - favourite, funny, amazing story, lots of routes, all with great stories lines, amazing music/art/cg's ect ect, fun minigame, you get the picture, a perfect game for me.

Suika(+) - i really enjoyed this one, i know there was something about it i just got hooked into, can't remember now but i liked it a lot.

Symphonic Rain - another in my tops here, i knew it would be good from instalation, i was not dissapointed, the twists was great and the stories lines was amazing.

Tears to Tiara - felt sad it wasted time with adult scenes, they was forced but the gameplay was great, hard to manage all characters but some of the best gameplay for me.

Utawarerumono - my favourite for gamepay (leaf again), the story was decent and the game on harder modes was a fun challenge which made me use my thinking mode.

Yume Miru Kusuri  - as said above, liked this one a lot, mainly for Aeka, liked the neko girl as well (student council was a bit lame for me personaly) but yeah a amazing game indeed, just one i felt i could never recommend as it's heavy 18+

As said there are more i played, like Kiss for Petal series (too many to name ._.) and a few others, these are the ones i remembered to add to vndb.

I have about 50 in my "to play list" so i wont list them but there are tons more i can't wait to try xD

Otherwise, sorry for the long post, i get carried away i know. Hope i fit in and enjoy it here amoungst other fans as really next to non of my friends (online and real life) play visual novels (only about 2 online friends maybe 3 and that's it).

Once again sorry for the long post, and thanks for reading.

if you know any games like Ever 17/Remember 11 (especially) i wouldn't mind a heads up of course hehe, i seriously loved them (or love them in Remember 11's case as im still playing).

PS: im also a huge anime fan, so you know, i like most genre and watch a lot so there is always anime i love as well (i love the Nico person i saw whilst browsing (love live nico), i admit i favour Honoka but Nico is 2nd for me hehe <3).

Anyway have a good day all and thanks again.

Welcome to Fuwa! Hope you enjoy your stay.

Rewrite is also my favorite VN! Oh and it looks like you've yet to play a lot of the popular and great titles, but since you have a top 50 to play list, I won't mention them as they're probably in there.

Hello, Madoka. Welcome to fuwanovel  ;)

So much niko... Anyway, you'll fit in just fine. Be sure to check this thread for more VNs, I personally recommend Grisaia no Kajitsu since it isn't in your list.

Do have fun here, stick around and I hope to see you often~

Not enough Niko more like it! More! Fuwa calls for more!

Forums are for posting though <<.. and its not like I spam. I've seen people get 200+ posts in two days. Haha.

That's what makes it insane... It's not spam but you manage the large number of forum posts somehow. :P

Hello there, welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay and I hope we'll get along. 

You should read I/O if you'd like some more mystery, and it contains parts that might remind you of the infinity series (especially R11) since one of their writers wrote it :)  

^thanks for the grilled salmon, i love salmon xD

thanks for the welcomes everyone, i spent the last hours browsing the forum to get the feel for it and look like a lot of nice people here, i love a friendly environment (yay). i was tempted to quote one by one with thanks but i don't wish to kill you with text. thanks also for the recommendations, i will be sure to try all (i will one day have played close to you all). but for now thanks all for the friendly welcome.

Welcome to the forums! Quite the introduction~ long ones are always the most fun to read :'D I recommend you to play Steins;Gate and Hoshizora no Memoria, the first one reminds me of Never 7 for some reason, the second one is just really cool~ Do enjoy your stay and have fun!