Tsukihime - What's it all about?

Mr Poltroon

I looked, but I did not see it. I have found no thread similar to this one, sorry if I should't have made a thread about this.

Now, onto business.

This game... I've heard all about it, so it got me interested. I go and look it up but I find nothing that actually tells me what it's about. 

From what I've seen thus far, it's about a boy who happens to have gotten some sort of powers somewhere. So it's got to do something with the supernatural. That's fine. Then what? Would it be possible to tell me what it's about without spoiling anything too important?

Does it have... romance?

Does it have... routes? 

Does it have... choices?

Does it have... action?

Does it have... a slice-of-life start?

Does it have... mystery?

Appreciated if you could enlighten me. Any further details thatn the ones I requested are fine too.

Answers (for other people with similar questions and better things to do than to search through a thread):

Basically it's a mystery story with supernatural beings, there's some action and some SoL parts. There's drama and romance too. There are 5 routes, divided in 2 groups that have really different stories.

I heard it has many choices and many bad endings with story as well as unlockable routes so it's by no means a kinetic novel. It has over 7 endings. That's as far as my knowledge goes.

Also to change the title of the thread you need to use the full editor to edit your post.

Does it have... romance?

Does it have... routes? 

Does it have... choices?

Does it have... action?

Does it have... a slice-of-life start?

Does it have... mystery?

Yep, yes, yes, yes, not really, and yes.

You've probably read a synopsis at least: it's about a guy who somehow acquired that strange power that makes him see the "lines of death" of "things". If you cut something's line of death, it dies. Said thing can be an object, a person and even more abstract things. That powers is hard to bear though: it threatens to fry his brain and make him crazy, so a mysterious person he encountered long ago gave him glasses to repress it. Some day he crosses by a blond women in the street and gets an incredibly strong urge to cut her. Except she's a very special person.

Basically it's a mystery story with supernatural beings, there's some action and some SoL parts. There's drama and romance too. There are 5 routes, divided in 2 groups that have really different stories.

And it's really, really great if you like that kind of stuff.

I've only read one route but from what I have read it has everything you listed, though the slice of life stuff is very minimum from what I have read.

If you can get past the art it's actually a pretty good read and if you are a fan of Type-Moon then I would definitely give it a read. 

Alright, by this definition it doesn't sound too bad. I'll try it and see what comes of it.

At first it was kinda akward because I am not used playing VN's without voice acting.

But I tought "So what?" and now I can say it's one hell of a VN. If you are interested you won't stop reading, otherwise it may take some time. Or maybe I am exaggerating. My opinions tend to be overrated.

There are several references in Fate from Tsukihime, but nothing too plot changing. As for Tsukihime... yeah it's more mind fuck than action. Interestingly, I think all the routes are really deep and interesting outside of

Arcueid's. If you play it, I recommend going in this route order for the full effect (Arcueid -> Ciel (you have to play these two first) -> Akiha -> Hisui -> Kohaku (you have to do Hisui before you unlock Kohaku)). Personally I think Ciel's route and Kohaku's/Hisui's are the best. I really really really like Kohaku's...