How did you start reading VNs?

AMMSY

Guest sakanaとkoeda

I actually played VNs before and didn't realize it (games like Ace Attorney and 999). I really didn't know or care about why they were so text heavy or saw them as peculiar; I just played and enjoyed.

Then I saw Steins;Gate all the way through (with some encouragement) and needed more Kurisu. Afterward, I officially recognized the VN genre as a legitimate interest.   

My first experience with VNs started with Saya no Uta (Yeap, yeap, straight to the creepy stuff). My friend who introduced me to anime persuaded me to try to play this VN as he found it to be amazing. As a result, my list of watched anime and cleared VNs is much much bigger than of my friend right now. xD

My first experience with VNs started with Saya no Uta (Yeap, yeap, straight to the creepy stuff). My friend who introduced me to anime persuaded me to try to play this VN as he found it to be amazing. As a result, my list of watched anime and cleared VNs is much much bigger than of my friend right now. xD

wow, your first experience in read VN is so surprising.,

but that VN is good, I guess :)

i've to read that to :D

I started very coincidentally. I wanted something more than just a crappy plot and was surfing fakku in search of it when I found this page: 

http://www.fakku.net/forums/manga-doujinshi-and-video-discussion/hentai-with-detailed-stories-and-or-character-development

There I looked through and read all of the doujinshi that looked food. When I ran out I noticed that at the bottom there was something about Wanko to Kurasou and the rest is history...

Well i really like playing games and watching other people play games on youtube and one day one of my favorite youtubers xXSlyFoxHoundXx started new LP on Katawa Shoujo   as i watched him play Lilly's route until he finished the game i wanted to try play it myself so i downloaded the game and finished the Hanako's route i cried like a baby for the first time in like 4 years that's then i realized how awesome visual novels are :) 

By the way after that game i played G-Senjou no Maou and it was even more amazing :) now i love visual novels :wub:

It was kinda funny how i found VNs. i was watching crunchyroll one day and there was an ad for steins gate, so i thought it looked really awesome. I'm somewhat of a sci fi buff so i decided to check it out. i never heard of VNs till then but i think i found my new favorite hobby.

It was kinda funny how i found VNs. i was watching crunchyroll one day and there was an ad for steins gate, so i thought it looked really awesome. I'm somewhat of a sci fi buff so i decided to check it out. i never heard of VNs till then but i think i found my new favorite hobby.

That's cool. I found out about VNs after I played a few by accident. Can you believe I played 5 VNs without ever realizing they were VNs?

That's cool. I found out about VNs after I played a few by accident. Can you believe I played 5 VNs without ever realizing they were VNs?

I can actually believe that. i played a few games that i would consider a VN but never really realized it was a genre.

I played 4 of the 5 games in the Key series, thinking they were exclusive to the company. I'd just finished the entire Phoenix Wright series (at the time it was only up to Ace Attorney Investigations), but the games are too short, so collectively I'd just played 5. As I researched Key, I came across the term "VN". And then I played Steins;Gate. Heh.

I played 4 of the 5 games in the Key series, thinking they were exclusive to the company. I'd just finished the entire Phoenix Wright series (at the time it was only up to Ace Attorney Investigations), but the games are too short, so collectively I'd just played 5. As I researched Key, I came across the term "VN". And then I played Steins;Gate. Heh.

i watched steins gate anime but is the VN worth playing?

HMN Are you fucking kidding me?

The anime is promotion for the game. In fact, you have no choice but to play the VN after seeing the anime. Especially because you watched the anime, which only showed one possibility.

well i didn't know that anyway i'll put it on my list

HMN Are you fucking kidding me?

The anime is promotion for the game. In fact, you have no choice but to play the VN after seeing the anime. Especially because you watched the anime, which only showed one possibility.

It would've been a promotion if it was 12 episodes.

As it stands, the anime presents the full story and these "possibilities" you speak of are very short and really not worth sitting throgh the entire game which you have completely spoiled already.

It's not like we're talking about eroge routes here.

As it stands, the anime presents the full story and these "possibilities" you speak of are very short and really not worth sitting throgh the entire game which you have completely spoiled already.

Oh, so you're one of THOSE people. For one thing, the anime gives the main ending, but I liked the Working Warrior ending a lot. For one thing, it is VERY worthwhile playing even after watching the anime. I mean, I experienced it. It happened for me. I bet you didn't. I bet you either played the VN and decided that the anime was shit, or watched the anime and thought you spoiled the game. For another, why would you play a game for just the eroge shit? EROGE IS SHIT. NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE THE FACT THAT GAMES INVOLVING H-SCENES ARE TRYING TO APPEAL TO THE YOUNGER AUDIENCES. THE ONES THAT JACK OFF.

I just finished reading steins;gate and in the middle of watching the anime so I can say this:

- the anime has some strengths but it cant beat the VN ( this is true for every VN vs Anime debate for me.)

- I generally agree that H scenes are mostly unnesseary but there were a few I enjoyed reading

- In some cases like clannad or little busters not reading the VN would be a huge mistake for someone who loved the anime (in my opinion), but in steins;gate case it doesnt feel like it.. Mainly because the "what ifs" are so short its almost painful

Oh, so you're one of THOSE people. For one thing, the anime gives the main ending, but I liked the Working Warrior ending a lot. For one thing, it is VERY worthwhile playing even after watching the anime. I mean, I experienced it. It happened for me. I bet you didn't. I bet you either played the VN and decided that the anime was shit, or watched the anime and thought you spoiled the game. For another, why would you play a game for just the eroge shit? EROGE IS SHIT. NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE THE FACT THAT GAMES INVOLVING H-SCENES ARE TRYING TO APPEAL TO THE YOUNGER AUDIENCES. THE ONES THAT JACK OFF.

Forgive my rudeness, but I don't like it when people pounce at me while foaming at mouth, having completely misunderstood the point of my post.

When did Fuwanovel become like this?